Leather Breeches Workshop

  • Kate
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2010
      First off, sorry for the cross posting!

      Kate Tilley Tailoring will be sponsoring a Leather Breeches Workshop in January 2011. Go to www.katetilleytailoring.com and click on the Workshop page for more information. Hurry, spots go fast!!!!

      For those of you already registered - a reminder that final payments are due no later than October 23.

      Thanks,
      Kate
    • Todd Post
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26 10:43 AM
        We're wrapping up a successful leather breeches workshop here in Winchester VA. Jay Howlett and Jan Tilley did a great job (as usual) and it was a very fun group to work with. We also learned where the karaoke hot spots in Winchester are!

        Check out photos at http://www.facebook.com/HistoryHandsOn

        Jay and I have talked about doing another leather breeches workshop in 2013. Coming up are a hunting shirt workshop with Neal Hurst (TBD, July/August), 1813 U.S. Army coatee with Steve Abolt July 21-22, and a F&I/Revolutionary War regimental coat workshop with Henry Cooke November 17-18. Details can be found at http://historyhandson.com/classes/

        Cheers,
        Todd Post
      • teamcolonial
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2013
          Only a couple of spaces left. Claim yours now!

          Saturday & Sunday, February 23 & 24, 2013

          Leather breeches were perhaps the most universal garment in the 18th century male wardrobe; from Royal Governors to slaves in the fields, these durable and comfortable breeches were the blue jeans of their time. Join Jay Howlett and Jan Tilley from Williamsburg, VA for an intensive and very hands-on exploration of the arts and mysteries of the breeches maker. Participants will receive all materials and notions to cut and fit a pair of buckskin breeches.

          This is an advanced level workshop requiring good hand sewing skills. Participation is limited to 8 to allow the individual attention requisite for proper cutting and fitting. Those sewing for someone other than themselves will need to have the wearer attend for parts of the workshop.

          Deadline for registration: January 15th

          Maximum Attendees: 8

          Fee: $400 (includes materials)

          Instructors: Jay Howlett & Jan Tilley

          To register contact: rushonboys@...

          Location: Minute Man National Historical Park