Re: [Revlist] Frontier Militia Sketchbook?

  • John Ogden
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2010
      If this is non-copyrighted material, I believe there might be a queue
      forming up for decent copies of this...

      On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 6:34 AM, <revsoldier@...> wrote:

      > I've had it for years having attended that event back in Springfield, Ohio
      > in August of 1980. Hottest event I've ever done, temperature on a bank time
      > and temperature sign registered 102 degrees! Let me try to find it and get
      > it to you. Its the best put together sketchbook on frontier militia and
      > Indian garb ever.

      John J. Ogden

    • Fred
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2010
        John,

        It was put together, and provided free of charge to anyone who wanted a copy 30 years ago. There was even a note inside saying not to be sold for a profit. I doubt that there is any copyright issues, but you would be a better judge of that than me. If someone has a clean copy that could be made into a PDF it would be much easier to continue the books "Mission"

        There are a couple of things in the book that in the last 30 years have been proven false, or rather better research has come to light. IE Cut cloth for scottish bonnets is frowned upon, same with pull over caped and fringed hunting shirts, but overall it's a great primer for folks who want to do a frontier impression. And the sources are dated, but some of the recommended suppliers like Avalon Forge are still in business!

        If a group of 10 guys followed the guidelines in this book, your impression would look a whole lot like that of the "Premier" frontier milita group of today........

        Fred Lucas