RE: [Revlist] Re: flashlights and lanterns

  • janae janicke
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 30, 2010
      I am sorry I forgot to thank Greg and Chris for explaining tattoo/taptoo for me, i have never heard of it before.

      Thank you Janae

      To: Revlist@yahoogroups.com
      From: gstheberge@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 05:46:25 -0700
      Subject: RE: [Revlist] Re: flashlights and lanterns

      At the risk of getting myself involved in this discussion (as arguing about flashlights, lanterns, portajohns or who uses the men's or women's room seems awefully silly), I'm going to ask the scholars on this list a question:

      How common was the word "Tattoo" during the American Revolution? For some reason, I have stuck in my head that the word was "Taptoo" (I know Simes uses it). Does anyone have further references that they can think of offhand?

      greg

      Probably to answer my question, I found this on the internet:(http://www.heartlandtattoo.org/tattoofaq.html)

      What is a "Tattoo"?

      What does the word "Tattoo" mean?