FW: Rev War Illustrators For Monmouth Battlefield NJ

  • Glenn Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2010
      Dear Friends and Fellow Historians,

      I received the request (below) from my former colleagues of the National Park Service's American Battlefield Protection Program (ABPP).  Please pass on to anyone you think may have an interest.  thank you.

      Best Regards,

      Glenn

      --- On Tue, 6/29/10, Williams, Glenn F Mr CIV USA glenn.f.williams@...
      wrote:

      Subject
      Rev War illustrators

      We are in the process of designing a new visitor center and exhibits at
      Monmouth Battlefield.  Our construction regulations require us to spend
      $75,000 on art--no problem, we want a painting of George Washington and
      his staff directing the battle from Perrine's Hill.  So we need a list of
      artists qualified to do Revolutionary War military illustrations.

      Thanks,
      Garry
      Garry Wheeler Stone, Historian
      Monmouth Battlefield State Park
      Mailing address: 347 Freehold-Englishtown Rd. Manalapan, NJ 07726-8815
      Street address: 16 State [Business] Rte. 33, Manalapan 07726-8301
      Tel (732) 462-9616
      Fax (732) 780-7013