Re: [Revlist] Re: Sectional tent poles

  • Todd Post
    Message 1 of 60 , May 12, 2010
      Bob,

      Some of us care enough to have made our own...our unit has three common tents, a bell of arms, and horseman's tent all from linen canvas, all hand-finished.

      Cheers,
      Todd

      May 12, 2010 09:39:42 PM, Revlist@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Jack,
      Are you the Jack Reimer from the 'ole Marine Historical Company? If so, how the hell are ya? If not...sorry, wrong guy!
      As to repro 18th century tents...no one is making them right, beyond possibly the dimensions. Fabric, peg loops, closures...all wrong. But, few seem too worried about it in the hobby so enjoy your tent ;)
      Cheers,
      Bob Bolton
      Pa. Associators
    • Todd Post
      Message 60 of 60 , May 17, 2010
        Greg,

        The 2d has several tents completed. We've got an event in early June and will attempt to get some good detailed photos then.

        Cheers,
        Todd