Re: Ft Frederick Market Faire - Camping

  • bolton1812
    Message 1 of 37 , May 1 3:09 AM
      ...clarification on #3...Burn your refuse if it's all natural stuff and not a bunch of plastic and glass. Just thought I'd nip that one in the bud(?)
      Cheers,
      Bob

      --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "bolton1812" <ebolton123@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > 3. Waste? As in refuse? Burn it in your campfire. Human waste? Depends on the event. Reenactments require you use the PortaJohn, Immersion events do not. At a reenactment, as I do not wish to be arrested for public defacation...I choose the PJ.
      > 4. Sleeping...seriously? Ok, if I have to say it again. With my blanket on the ground,right beside the fire.
      > 5. Keeping warm? ...see #4!
      > ...do you get MY point?
      >
      > Really, James...living as some of these folks do in "the field" really boils down to that fact that instead of the Winnebago, they just substitute for a canvas tent, but still bring all the crap! We all understand that "stepping" back into the 18th century is an imposibility. Period!!! We don't need silly little comparisons, and pissing contests. We all understand that there are different levels of committment in the hobby, ( though having done four other time periods...Rev War is the ONLY one that lets most of this crap slide!), but the strange thing is, is that the folks trying the hardest to get it as close to "stepping" back, get the most flak! We do not get the same "consideration" that we are supposed to give to these other folks. They do not care that they are destroying my historical expierience with my campaign camp...so why should I care if I appear to be raising an eyebrow at their incorrectness(s). It's not my responsibility to "sensitively" ask the person in error to change. I did that once and was politly told to go "F" myself...never again! However, it IS their responsibility to read a freekin book! There are a few ;) out there(?).
      > Cheers,
      > Bob Bolton
      > Pa. Associators
      >

      > --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart" <jstewart@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Bob,
      > >
      > > Good Day!!!
      > > Okay NO 21st C stuff...
      > >
      > > 1. How are you getting to the event?
      > > 2. What are you eating and drinking?
      > > 3. Where are you getting rid of waste?
      > > 4. Where are you sleeping?
      > > 5. How are you keeping warm?
      > >
      > > Well I guess you get the point. We are hooked in the 21st C. Hoping to go to
      > > an event and turn back time to the 18th C but, but, BUT.
      > > Maybe we all can just work on getting our act together and try to do MORE to
      > > make the experience like stepping back in time and politely ask others to be
      > > considerate and try to do the same. (Sensitively asking the person in error
      > > to change, knowing we were once in that same point of being correct or
      > > incorrect.)
      > > -
      > > Thank you again...
      > > Your Most Humble and Obedient Servant...

    • ebolton123
      Message 37 of 37 , May 5 3:30 PM
        Dave,
        Oh, I had a feeling you were poking fun. My replies always seem to sound dry and sharp...not really intended, just the way it comes out I guess(?).
        I would imagine in the Army (American) even Hog food would have been welcomed most of the time!
        Cheers,
        Bob Bolton
        Pa. Associators