Need Guilford Courthouse Info

  • umfspock87@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2010
      Dear List,

      I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that is easy to answer, but I'm starting to get questions from some of my fellow unit members about directions to the campsite for Guilford Courthouse this year and I'm not exactly sure what to tell them. For the past two years the 7th VA camped at the NPS site but this year we're camping at the event site (which some of us haven't been to for four years.

      So if someone could share the name of the park again and/or directions to it I would be most appreciative. In this age of GPS, the park name and address will probably suffice.

      Cheers,

      Mike Cecere 7th VA

    • Nancy Stewart
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2010
        The best place for information about the reenactment of the battle of Guilford Courthouse is the Guilford Courthouse NMP website:  www.nps.gov/guco.   You can email park staff by using the "contact us" link if you don't have the email address for a specific person.  That will get a speedier response that Revlist since I may not be able to check here everyday.  Or you can call us at 336-288-1776.

        Please be reminded that "the event" takes place in 2 parks (the same area that was formerly 3 parks), viz. Guilford Courthouse NMP, Tannenbaum Historic Park (now officially a part of Guil. Cthse NMP), and Country Park (part of Greensboro Parks & Recreation Department).  For those of you heading to Tannenbaum, we will be leaving the "Tannenbaum" signs up until sometime after the anniversary weekend.  You can access the entire event schedule on our website.

        Country Park is the site where the battle will be reenacted and where many units will encamp.  It is located on Lawndale Drive.  *****Parking for Country Park (including reenactors camping there) will be in Jaycee Park, which adjoins Country Park.  Reenactor Registration will also be at the Jaycee Park entrance to Country Park.  That means you want to set your GPS to find Jaycee Park.  The entrance to Jaycee Park is located on Pisgah Church Road, maybe 0.1 mile east of the intersection with Battleground Avenue.  Once you're in the Jaycee Park parking lot, go past the Spencer Love Tennis Center toward the baseball field to reach the entrance to Country Park where you will be able to register and get further event information.

        If you or your unit did not get the Rules & Regulations for the event, please go to www.nps.gov/guco and click on the link for "Reenactment Registration".  The information is in the same document as the unit registration form.

         Nancy Stewart
        Campbell's Rifles and
        Bookstore @ Guilford Courthouse NMP