Re: Re: Books on medical topics

  • Bart Reynolds
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 1999
      Don,

      Please charge the following books to my credit card.

      >* Narratives of the American Revolution Hugh Rankin, ed. Four
      >interesting journals, including: The Revolutionary Adventures of
      >Ebenezer Fox of Roxbury, Massachusetts, whose narrative includes his
      >remarkable service as a privateersman, an American soldier, a British
      >soldier, and a fugitive; Albigence Waldo's Diary, A Surgeon at Valley
      >Forge, 1777-1778, recounting many details of this difficult period in
      >the American army; Chevalier de Pontgibaud, a French Volunteer in the
      >War of Independence; and the famous journal of Baroness von Riedesel.
      >Used copies in good or very good condition. 452 pages, hardbound.
      >$35.00
      >
      >Rhode Islanders Record the Revolution: The Journals of William Humphrey
      >and Zuriel Waterman Humphrey recounts his service Arnold's 1775
      >expedition to Quebec, and his subsequent imprisonment in Quebec in 1776.
      >Waterman records his service as the surgeon on the sloop Providence on
      >several voyages from 1779 through 1781. 176 pages, softcover. $13.00
      I gather that Professor Rankin is no longer amongst the living. Which is a
      shame. I've recently acquired a number of books bearing his bookplate. I
      never met Rankin but I admired his work over the years.

      Hope that you enjoyed a happy Thanksgiving.

      Best Regards,

      Bart Reynolds