Re: AWI v Rev

  • Len Heidebrecht
    Message 1 of 49 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hello L (whom-ever you might be)

      Here in Canada and often in the UK our area of study is referred to as the 'Rev War' or 'The Revolution.' To say AWI automatically points you out as 'not from here.'

      Cheers,

      Len Heidebrecht
      Company of Select Marksmen

      --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "lbj_va" <lbj_va@...> wrote:

      > Good Day!
      >
      > When did refering to the AWI as the Revolutionary War become commonplace (and the only term for many)? Has it always been interchangeable?
      >
      > Thank you.
      > Yr humble bumble

    • Andrew De Lisle
      Message 49 of 49 , Apr 13, 2009
        Don't know, but by army regulations your lock and barrel also need to be stamped. I believe the order was made in 1777. I intend to mark mine at some point.

        Andy De Lisle

        From: Woolsey, David <David.Woolsey@ montgomerycounty md.gov>

        Subject: RE: [Revlist] Rifled Bess Muskets

        To: Revlist@yahoogroups .com

        Date: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 11:04 AM

        Thanks for the prompt reply, I am familiar with the musket types, but I

        am wondering if the lad down under who told me the "marines" guarding

        the convicts had bess muskets converted to rifles isn't confusing the

        Brunswick rifle with the India Pattern Bess ? ? ? I have read that the

        Brunswicks had some very similar hardware, in fact using surplus used

        India Pattern parts, and the Ausies may simply and inaccurately refer to

        these as a "bess".

        YOHS

        Dave W