Sketchbook '76 (Re: Common Sense)

  • Todd Post
    Message 1 of 45 , Apr 1 6:53 PM
      Sketchbook '76 is very outdated and knowledge has progressed in the 42
      years since it was printed, but for the price it's not bad...as long
      as you weed out the good from the bad. Yes, there are things like the
      Federal period knapsack in there which should be avoided, but there
      are still some things you can glean from it.

      Cheers,
      Todd

      On Mar 30, 2009, at 10:36 AM, John Ogden wrote:

      > When it was published in 1967 it was considered the last word in up-
      > to-date
      > research. That was in 1967. A great deal has come to light in the
      > intervening 42 years, so it is not as reflective of the SotA
      > knowledge as it
      > could be. It is, however, a pretty neat piece of historically
      > inspired art.
    • John Neitz
      Message 45 of 45 , Apr 3 9:31 AM
        --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Post" <todd.post2@...> wrote:

        > In my opinion, "Sketchbook '76" has been replaced by Mark >Tully's "The Packet" series...

        I agree. If anyone is looking for a source, Track of the Wolf has all of Mark Tully's Packets and Sketchbook '76.

        Sketchbook '76: http://tinyurl.com/book-sb76

        The Packet http://tinyurl.com/book-tp

        The Packet II http://tinyurl.com/book-tp2

        The Packet III http://tinyurl.com/book-tp3

        The Packet IV http://tinyurl.com/book-tp4

        I have provided links directly to the Track website pages for each book. You can also go to http://www.trackofthewolf.com and click on BOOKS. You will find these in the category "History & Sketchbooks, 1775-1783, Revolutionary War Era."

        You are also welcome to call me with orders 9AM-5PM Central Time M-F.

        Cheers,
        John Neitz
        55th Regiment of Foot, Capt. Trevor's Company http://www.myspace.com/55th

        Track of the Wolf, Inc., 18308 Joplin Street NW, Elk River, MN 55330-1773
        Tel: 763-633-2500 Fax: 763-633-2550
        Visit our web site: http://www.trackofthewolf.com