Re: Re: Rochambeau

  • Geoff Graff
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 1999
      John Seitz wrote:

      > From: John Seitz <JJSEITZ@...>
      >
      > Dear List,
      >
      > I will not add to the learned discourse regarding the first Comte
      > Rochambeau or his son, Lt. Gen. Rochambeau, as this has been quite
      > complete. but you might like to know that the Rochambeaus still are extant
      > and active.
      >Remainder of this original post removed.

      The Rochanbeau decendants have visited us! While at Mt. Vernon in mid October
      there was a large group we noticed wandering through our camp on Sunday. I spoke
      to the several who were admiring our dining fly (or us). They indicated they spoke
      only French, so I asked my daughter interpret (4 years of high school French).
      They were a group of decendants of Lafayette and Rochambeau, 130 strong, having
      arived on buses. They mentioned having previously been in Fayetteville. Did
      anyone else speak to them?

      Geoff Graff
      MD Co., Wayne's Light Infantry Corp
    • davisr1@LEE.ARMY.MIL
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
        John and liste,

        A very good friend of mine here in Petersburg, has a brother who, until a
        couple of years ago, lived in (I believe) "Geneva", Switzerland and belonged
        to a small Swiss chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution. The
        chapter boasted both the current Comte Rochambeau and Marquis de Lafayette.

        YMHOS

        Bob D.