Re: History Movies - Be Careful What We Wish For?

  • raynersteve
    Message 1 of 66 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi Jack;

      In the original premise I took -all- the peripheral matters out of the
      equation so we can focus on what -we- do. We don't contact anyone.
      It's already organized. The money, location, everything is there.
      We're solely responsible for the historical accuracy of what -we-
      bring to the production.

      Our goal is to be part of making the best, most historically accurate
      film about the American Revolution, ever, without interference from
      nefarious Hollywood types.

      I do like Jay's idea, especially if the story was based on real
      military units or real individuals. Let's presume that this too, is
      all being handled by people within our own community whom we can trust
      to do a good job.

      It's all about what we bring to the production to give it the quality
      it deserves.

      Suppose the screenplay says: "The troops are grumbling about the
      shortage of rations and the Officers are very worried."

      What background action can we provide for the actors to be involved in?

      Cheers and Best Regards,

      Steve Rayner

      --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, Jack Sherry <jsherry49@...> wrote:

      > Dear Liste,
      >
      > So we need to get organized. Bring in several units from each side.
      Contact Spielberg and Hanks to let them know what we can offer them.
      At the very least we could do this for educational videos marketed to
      schools. So we should contact The History Channel, Arts and
      Entertainment Channel and some of the other video producers. Perhaps
      form some sort of umbrella organization or company to organize
      ourselves around? Could we get funding through grants? Of course is
      this a for profit or nonprofit venture? Look at the number of
      billionaires in this country, which ones have philanthropic
      organizations that could fund our project? Let's form our own film
      company.

    • DelRev225th@aol.com
      Message 66 of 66 , Apr 4, 2008
        That would be fun to work on.

        Kim
        W3R-USA

        In a message dated 4/4/2008 9:57:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        twisted1in66@... writes:

        OK, how about a film with Martin and Lamb. I think they were both at some
        of the same battles and it would be cool to see through the perspectives of
        opposing characters.

        YMHS,
        Dan

        Dan Gracia