Re: [Revlist] Re: East India Company

  • John Gardner
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1 10:57 AM
      Interesting thought, Bob! I've actually done a couple presentations on this, perhaps ten years ago. I emphasized the naval side, but included a lot about Haider Ali vs. British East India Company. Some Indian historians see the AWI as the starting point of Indian nationalism.
      Every 4th of July, the William Paca House in Annapolis, MD, holds a large naturalization ceremony as part of the celebration. I have talked with the new citizens about the Revolution as a world war and how it relates to the history of their former countries. The Indians have been both knowledgeable and interested, as have Hispanics.
      Any suggestions as to sources? I've always liked the Dupuy's book, The American Revolution: A Global War, but it is almost impossible to find.
      Jack Gardner

    • avalon forge
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 3 7:20 AM
        For anyone who is interested in the book Jack refers to, several copies
        can be found at http://www.abebooks.com/ The least expensive is less
        than $2.

        --
        John White