"Group Info"

  • Johnnie
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
      Hello,
      I was wondering if anyone knew of any militia groups in the eastern,nc
      area doing recruiting.I am new at the rev.war reenactments and have
      most of my equipment.I am suppose to belong to a group here but they
      are not very active.SO any help would be of great news and comfort.

      Johnnie
    • J. L. Osinski
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
        There are many groups recreating Militia units throughout the east, and I
        suspect most would welcome new recruits....

        The question is, where are you located? the East is a pretty big place....

        J. L. Osinski

        2nd Regt., Albany Cty Militia (1775)

        --
      • johnnie hales
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
          I am located a few miles from Moore's Creek 15 miles west of Wilmington,NC
          Johnnie

          "J. L. Osinski" <josinski@...> wrote:
          There are many groups recreating Militia units throughout the east, and I
          suspect most would welcome new recruits....

          The question is, where are you located? the East is a pretty big place....

          J. L. Osinski

          2nd Regt., Albany Cty Militia (1775)

          > Hello,
          > I was wondering if anyone knew of any militia groups in the eastern,nc
          > area doing recruiting.I am new at the rev.war reenactments and have
          > most of my equipment.I am suppose to belong to a group here but they
          > are not very active.SO any help would be of great news and comfort.
          >
          > Johnnie

        • johnnie hales
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008

            "J. L. Osinski" <josinski@...> wrote:
            There are many groups recreating Militia units throughout the east, and I
            suspect most would welcome new recruits....

            The question is, where are you located? the East is a pretty big place....

            J. L. Osinski

            2nd Regt., Albany Cty Militia (1775)

            > Hello,
            > I was wondering if anyone knew of any militia groups in the eastern,nc
            > area doing recruiting.I am new at the rev.war reenactments and have
            > most of my equipment.I am suppose to belong to a group here but they
            > are not very active.SO any help would be of great news and comfort.
            >
            > Johnnie

          • Walter Mcintyre
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
              Johnnie,

              You can check out our website. We do both NC militia & NC Artillery. Let me know if I can help in any way.

              Walter M. McIntyre
              wmcintyre2@...
              Col. Locke's Militia Co./Kingsbury's NC Artillery Co.
              www.angelfire.com/nc/Lockes
              The Carolina Brigade
              www.carolinabrigade.org

              It is impossible to carry on a war without oppressing the inhabitants in some degree; and however disagreeable
              and inconvenient it may be to the people, and to those in power, a regard to the common good and general safety
              will justify the measure.

              Nathaniel Greene to President Joseph Reed, 1 August 1780