Re: [Revlist] Re: Did anyone wear straw hats?Thoughts

  • wa3ngg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      In a message dated 1/31/2008 3:15:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      Harriettdrhm@... writes:

      Some thoughts from the Maine Woods

      While on the subject, I made a Canada Cap for hunting and for camp wear on
      cold days or nights. The name begs the question. Are these at all
      appropriate for civilian or military use anywhere south of New England, or is it like
      duck hunting from a birch bark canoe in Maryland?
      Thanks,
      Bill Deutermann

    • Lloyd Moler
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Bill,
        Didn't Ben Franklin wear one while in Philla.?
        I know he was painted wearing a fur cap once and I have understood that
        He wore a Canadian Cap in Paris while he was negotiating with the
        French.

        Lloyd Moler