Re: [Revlist] EXTREME farbisms, was Re: Mount Vernon and hair

  • JJG46@aol.com
    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 1, 2007
      A fantastic weekend and a well run event. I do agree with the car comments
      though. Having a tent on the front street, I had the opportunity to have cars
      parked in front of my tent for most of Friday evening into Saturday morning,
      while my own vehicle was parked in the lot provided. The minivan alarm going
      off at 6:30am Saturday next to camp didn't help.

      As far as the lantern stands, why can't unit commanders police their own? We
      complain about certain farbisms and I know that the readership here is pretty
      large, so why can't the unit leaders just tell the guys to leave them on the
      front lawn at home, next to the small cement jockey?

      John Godzieba
      5th PA Regt, Light Inf.

    • matt vincett
      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 4, 2007
        Hey, and just to drive it home a little more,.... I
        have copies of a merchants manuscritps, (baisicly his
        books) HWere he notes selling cotton cards, this
        was in about 1777/8. He travelled on the edge of the
        apalacians through the upper peidmont and as far north
        as pa. I understand he was primarially located
        (based) near charolotte NC.

        Matt

        http://tv.yahoo.com/