993Re: linen straps

  • Jay and Lara
    Mar 1, 1999
      Timothy & List(e?)~
      I agree that it's a good idea to learn how to sew, but some of us don't
      have time, or remember stitching our fingers together when we were eight
      (don't ask!). For us, I found a great source the other day: Wooded
      Hamlet Designs of Greencastle, PA. The Wagners carry a wide variety of
      strapping, binding, tape &c., in cotton, linen, worsted and more. Their
      catalogue costs $1.00, and they will send a sample book for $5.00. They
      can be contacted at chartruz@... .
      YMH&c.,
      Jay
      The preceding has been a non-compensated testimonial from a real
      customer. <g>
      > From: "Timothy N. Traver" <tntraver@...>
      > Thanks to all who sent me info on making linen straps for a tumpline. It is
      > something like skinning a snake! The construction of the straps seems
      > simple, I'll have to have the queen of the sewing machine show me how to run
      > the darn thing! It's never too late to learn a new hobby...
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic