138810Dining in the 18th C.

  • Alexander Bosch
    Mar 7, 2013
      Dear List:

      Whole Shelves could be filled with Books concerning the Silverware of the english 18th C., what Porcelain laid on the Table and how a mid-1760s Wine-Glass looked like.

      However, I would like to ask, if there are an decent Books or Papers out, that deal with the non-material Side of a fine Diner in Societies upper Parts? Any books on Etiquette, Writings on how a Diner was structured and Papers regarding the Layout and use of Utensils and Foods?

      If so, I would greatly apreciate recommendations.

      Alex
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic