138188Re: Maryland State Marines - anyone know anything

  • britmarinecapt
    Dec 6, 2012
      Yep, my questions one and all. As you know, the blue rifle frock, or hunting shirt, was issued to distinguish the marines from the other MD land forces. The issues says they got a short coat, so I am assuming that is a bob-tailed coat. But when they wore one over the other, I have no idea either. Of course, whether any of this stuff was ever issued, or in the appropriate colors, is another matter. Thus why I asked. :-)

      I do know the MD navy languished for lack of... everything pretty much, including recruits.

      Jim McG