138055new member announces historical novel, The Midwife's Revolt

  • jodidaynard
    Nov 18, 2012
      Hello, all. I am a new member to your group, and I'm excited to tell you
      about my new novel, The Midwife's Revolt. I am an author and 18th
      century American history junkie. I look forward to getting to know you,
      and to participating in some of your discussions. In case you are
      interested, here is the release information about my book, which is
      available at Amazon.com and will soon be available on Kindle and in
      bookstores. Those of you who are interested in the American Revolution,
      18th century American women's history, and literary fiction, you are my
      ideal audience, so I truly welcome your feedback!
      Based on painstaking research, The Midwife's Revolt takes the reader on
      a journey back to the founding days of America. It follows one
      woman's path, Lizzie Boylston, from her grieving days of widowhood
      after Bunker Hill, to her deepening friendship with Abigail Adams, and
      finally to her dangerous work as a spy for the Cause. Much has been
      written about our founding men. But The Midwife's Revolt is unique
      in that it opens a window onto the lives of our founding women as well.
      Pre-publication praise for The Midwife's Revolt:

      [Inline image 2]

      "An outstanding piece of historical fiction."

      --Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award panelist

      "As good as any historical fiction currently on the market"

      --Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award panelist

      "A charming, unexpected, and decidedly different view of the
      Revolutionary War."

      --Publishers Weekly

      A galley of The Midwife's Revolt is available on Netgalley.com:

      https://www.netgalley.com/catalog/show/id/22659
      <https://www.netgalley.com/catalog/show/id/22659>

      The novel will be available to booksellers on January 1. For more
      information, or to read the first few chapters, you can go to the
      novel's website, themidwifesrevolt.com <http://themidwifesrevolt.com/>

      About me: I am the author of The Place Within: Portraits of the American
      Landscape by 20 Contemporary Writers (W.W. Norton). My essays and short
      stories have been published in The New York Times Book Review, The
      Boston Globe, The Harvard Review, The Paris Review, and elsewhere. My
      essays have been named Notable Mentions in Best American Essays.I have
      taught writing at Harvard University, M.I.T., and Emerson College.

      I look forward to speaking with you all in the future. All the best,
      Jodi Daynard