      From: ebolton123 <ebolton123@...>
      Subject: [Revlist] Re: Sectional tent poles
      To: Revlist@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 9:04 PM

      Greg,
      Thought? Send it to the tent manufacturers. Honestly...if this hobby is serious about that word "authenticity" , (varies by individual I know), all the umbrella organizations that supposedly pride themselves on that goal, should get their collective heads together ( read - off their butts)and draft a blanket letter to these manufacturers that they will no longer refer ANYONE to them for future tentage until THEY provide a true reproduction, as best as research has to offer right now...which we all (by now) know is NOT the crap they are producing! Facing a "boycott" from the major organizations that use their products will(should? ) do something positive.
      It is one of the biggest things that boils my stew, where we will piss and moan about whether a guy has this or that which is documentable to tenth degree, or that his musket is not made to EXACT specifications to the origionals.. .but we continue to construct these white cotton duck "farb-cities" ...and accept it!
      Cheers,
      Bob Bolton
      Pa. Associators