108787Sayings

  • Joseph Harshaw
    Jul 20, 2008
      [W]e are confirmed in the opinion, that the present age would be deficient in their duty to God, their posterity and themselves, if they do not establish an American republic. This is the only form of government we wish to see established; for we can never be willingly subject to any other King than He who, being possessed of infinite wisdom, goodness and rectitude, is alone fit to possess unlimited power."
      Instructions of Malden, Massachusetts for a Declaration of Independence, 27 May 1776

      Joseph Harshaw
      musketman@...