Bibliography of Transdisciplinarity, 2011

  • D. P. Dash
    Message 1 of 2 , May 21, 2012
      To: JRP Forum

      Many of you might be aware of td-net, the "Network for Transdisciplinary Research." Every year, they compile a bibliography of interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research. You can find their compilations on the Web:

      Tour d'Horizon of Literature
      http://www.transdisciplinarity.ch/e/Bibliography/new

      In the past, several JRP articles have been cited in their bibliographies. Please suggest books/articles you have come across which you think should be included in the 2011 bibliography of transdisciplinarity. Please "add one or two sentences on why you recommend this publication" as stated in their request below.

      If you send your recommendations to me, I can compile the same and send it across to td-net, including your name as a contributor.

      DP

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2013
        Dear Colleagues,

        The 2011 listing of transdisciplinarity literature has been published online by td-net. Thanks to those who responded to the call. One JRP special issue and one JRP article have been listed:

        Mäkelä M, Nimkulrat N, Dash D P, Nsenga F-X 2011. On reflecting and making in artistic research practice Special Issue. Journal of Research Practice, V7, N1.

        "Following the integration of artistic disciplines within the university, artists have been challenged to review their practice in academic terms. This has become a vigorous epicentre of debates concerning the nature of research in the artistic disciplines. The special issue offers an overview of the current stage in the development of artistic research, demonstrating how the creative practice of artists can contribute to scientific and professional work in different fields." (dd)

        de Zeeuw G 2011. Improving non-observational experiences: Channelling and ordering. Journal of Research Practice, V7, N2, article M2.

        "This article offers certain key ideas towards integrating insights from a variety of applied disciplines. Developing robust processes for sustainable improvements in practical domains has not been easy. This challenge is addressed differently in different areas, such as social policy, economics, therapy, management, architecture, and design, leading to a number of useful responses. A common characteristic of such responses is the inclusion of 'non-observational experiences' in the research process." (dd)

        DP