Phew.. what a drive!

  • Shawnell Campbell
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 4, 2001
      Just wanted to say "I am HOME" we made it after almost
      9 hrs.. had to run early Mon. afternoon, and made it
      to Humble around 8:30 PM then home by 10:00pm or so..
      of course there were baths to be given and kids to put
      to bed, van to be unloaded and etc.. so we shoved kids
      into showers and tossed them into bed and then said
      forget the van till tomorrow.. and crashed shortly
      after that.

      Then this morning:

      I was awaken this morning with a tapping on the door
      from the UPS man with my new modem, so I Jumped
      (crawled actually) out of bed and ran (limped
      painfully) to the door with great enthusiasm (growling
      and snarling, having not gotten coffee yet) and
      embraced the package (snatched the package) from the
      UPS man and with an appreciative smile (growling
      ferociously), and said thanks for the EARLY
      delivery...
      He skipped (ran for his life) back to his truck and
      drove safely (like a bat out of hell, escaping the
      wrath of a crazed, red head with out coffee) to the
      next delivery!

      So after 2 weeks of a dead modem, and up with out
      having fulfilled my desire of getting at least 15 hrs.
      of sleep to catch up on what i missed this weekend..
      and having ran out of coffee.. with rain pelting us,
      and flood waters creeping up the drive way once more..
      I am BACK!!
      I had a great time this past weekend and looks like
      the MONKEY and I may try to come up a couple more
      times this season.. so if you all see us there.. we
      will be on our own trying to figure out how to set up
      a tent.. we will take all the advice and extra hands
      available..of course it will probably be quite a show
      in and of its self, so pull up a chair and bring a
      couple of drinks cause your gonna get quite a kick out
      of us trying to set up camp..(we are a bunch of city
      girls..)
      Hope all had a good time this weekend and hope that
      the weather didn't get too bad Monday. we left just in
      time, before it hit.. of course we here in the
      southern part of TX. (Angleton/Danbury) are being
      pelted and have some flooding.. so if we don't float
      away first we just might be there in two weeks..

      Love to all and sorry for the long posting.. just had
      to get it out of my system.. been off line toooooooo
      long..

      Ciao!

      ~Zelena~

      Keeper of the MONKEY (when Lady "B" is'nt round)
      Lil' sister of the dragon
      Guardian of the moon and Stars
      Lady of C.H.A.O.S.
      relieved to be home!

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Robbie Sheehy
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 4, 2001
        Zelena,

        Wow, what a relief to finally know ye'll made it back to Freeport safe
        and sound!!!! It was GRANDE to see you again and to meet Monkey!!!

        Sure hope ye'll be able to come up for Cider & Dafen's Handfasting on 15
        September. So very glad I got to hug ye before ye departed (unlike
        clean up weekend).

        Take great care and so......very glad ye got ye modem:)

        Lilith
      • ladyglenna52@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 4, 2001
          Hello Keeper of the Monkey,
              Should you see my Cricket in the camping area...knock on the door and
          you can have all the tent pitching help you need.   I usually have sons and
          friends along....and after too many years in Scouts myself...I can pitch a
          pretty mean tent myself.
               Monkey has met me....I am the one she helped with the underware at the
          back privies...<G>...and for the rest of you...don't ask !!.....so I would
          like to return a favor.
                Glenna
        • Shawnell Campbell
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 4, 2001
            I remember that! We thought that she fell in and that
            we were gonna have to go get the "jaws of death" to
            pry her out of the privies.. being the MONKEY that she
            is.. she tends to get a little lost and frolic when
            she should be doing other things. but it is good to
            hear that she was doing a good deed!
            We will look for you if we come back up that way. and
            thanks for the offer.
            Ciao!
            Zelena

            --- ladyglenna52@... wrote:
            > Hello Keeper of the Monkey,
            > Should you see my Cricket in the camping
            > area...knock on the door and
            > you can have all the tent pitching help you need.
            > I usually have sons and
            > friends along....and after too many years in Scouts
            > myself...I can pitch a
            > pretty mean tent myself.
            > Monkey has met me....I am the one she helped
            > with the underware at the
            > back privies...<G>...and for the rest of you...don't
            > ask !!.....so I would
            > like to return a favor.
            > Glenna

            http://im.yahoo.com
          • Shawnell Campbell
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 4, 2001
              right now we are attempting to plan a "girls weekend
              out at faire" so depending on Monkey's training
              schedule we will possibly be there that weekend.. so
              keep your fingers crossed for us that all goes well
              and we can make it up there.
              heck who knows maybe i will bring the other teenager
              too?
              but then again that is a male.. we will have to see.
              Love and hugs to all! tell Arie I am sorry I did not
              make it around Monday to hug him bye.. I will try
              better next time.. (got to feeling a little ill and
              made a dash for the AC in the van) which caused for
              everyone else to make the same dash and then we were
              off..

              Ciao!
              Zelena~

              http://im.yahoo.com
            • Marsali@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 5, 2001
                shawnellc@... writes:

                I had a great time this past weekend and looks like
                the MONKEY and I may try to come up a couple more
                times this season.. so if you all see us there.. we
                will be on our own trying to figure out how to set up
                a tent.. we will take all the advice and extra hands
                available..of course it will probably be quite a show
                in and of its self, so pull up a chair and bring a
                couple of drinks cause your gonna get quite a kick out
                of us trying to set up camp..(we are a bunch of city
                girls..)

                  Heya girlie! Glad you made it back safe and somewhat sound. ::smirk:: If
                you and Monkey head back out to Hawkwood the next couple of weekends, Dafen
                and I will be sure to lend you a hand or three in getting the tent set up.
                ::grin:: Well, he can help and I'll park myself in a chair with the beer and
                watch the amusements. Hee hee.

                    Cider
              • Shawnell Campbell
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 5, 2001
                  Hey Cider,
                  I was wonderin' would it be wrong of me to make the
                  MONKEY put up tent, for her continued education?.. I
                  guess that I could take photos.. while she is doing
                  it. LOL they gotta learn sometime huh? (well i guess i
                  better be carefull saying that since i still havent
                  learned...LOL) I will get with you and let you know if
                  and when we are headed back up. not this weekend, but
                  possibly the next one. depending on money,work, kids
                  etc... but we will try for your handfasting.. that is
                  in two weekends right?

                  well, better get moving or else I will be working that
                  weekend..LOL gotta get things finished and with eric
                  to fit him for his outfit for your ceremony.
                  big hugs to both you and daffen!

                  Ciao!
                  Zelena~

                  http://im.yahoo.com
                • Marsali@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 5, 2001
                    shawnellc@... writes:

                    well, better get moving or else I will be working that
                    weekend..LOL gotta get things finished and with eric
                    to fit him for his outfit for your ceremony.
                    big hugs to both you and daffen!

                       I'm *still* waiting to see that boy in garb!!! ::Grin::
                       If you do decide to come up, lemmie know .. ::smile:: Me'n'Dafen will be
                    more than happy to help out with the tent, or .. to be the audience while
                    Monkey makes her attempts. ::hee hee::

                       Cider
                  • Angie Smith
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 5, 2001
                      help put the tent up????? seems we had that prob when we first got there........do u think that a wise thing to do??????
                      Chambers
                      "Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my Goodness. . I could be eating a slow learner."

                      >>> Marsali@... 09/05/01 07:35AM >>>
                      shawnellc@... writes:

[...]

                    • bob
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 5, 2001
                        roflmao angie. got me thinking, what if it wasnt slow learners but
                        perpetrators of capital fish crimes. dalmer the tuna or some such.
                        eeewwww - somebody pass me a beer or something to wash out that taste.
                      • Angie Smith
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 5, 2001
                          <passin beer after i have gargled> got me roflmao now!!!!!!!! more to come !!
                          Chambers
                          If it were truly the thought that counted, more women would be pregnant.

                          >>> squaw_dance@... 09/05/01 12:55PM >>>

                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 5, 2001
                            love your sense of humor, wench.

                            will send you back a bit of navaho humor i learned when i lived on
                            the squaw dance ranch [on navaho land w/ a navaho family for duplex
                            neighbors]. shortly before hunting season each year, the tribe would
                            go into the woods and tie antlers to likely looking logs, at which
                            the drunk rednecks with highpowered rifles would blast away. shortly
                            after deer season they would go dig out all the lead and sell it.
                            this was a source of great mirth for the tribe.

                            query: do stuffed codpieces and bras serve a function similar to
                            that of the antlers?