Annual Elf Christmas Wish/Blessing

  • Robert Mank
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2011

      Annual Elf Wishes/Blessings
      I remember in the recent past when *CHRISTMAS* was a time of joy and happiness for all within the world. That time when we all felt the thrill, as if still children no matter how old we were, wondering what the Christmas morn would bring upon it.

      It was that time when people showed a more loving heart toward others, compassion toward our fellow man. When the term was Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukah, and no matter what you believed - we felt no dislike to wish/be wished a Merry Christmas to others, be that person Christian/Jewish/non-believer. It was that time when a Christmas tree and Christmas lights was the big enjoyment of the time. It did not matter your affiliation....the Christmas tree was the mainstay of this time of year.

      We now go to the present. We heard *Christmas is for Jesus only*, we heard *I don't want Christmas in the holiday greeting*. We saw where the traditional tree was thought not right for the holiday - and not placed as custom in Washington DC.

      My "Blessing/Wishes" is simply this.....
      That all that feel/felt as this take a step back to that once great time in their hearts, when Christmas was more than the word - rather it was the feeling of a special time. That they remember that no matter how you feel now, there was that time when you still had that magic in your heart, unable to sleep Christmas eve with thoughts of opening presents that morn, of being with family, when your heart opened a little more. That may be the reason Christmas means less to ye might be... Christmas may still be within you all - only hidden with how the present is changed from childhood dreaming.

      Merry Christmas to all...no matter your affiliation. For the holiday is more than of one person or way of belief: It is the magic of this season. :D :D :D

      Dobby
    • Amalphia
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 26, 2011
        Dobby, thank you!! You've stated just exactly how I've been feeling lately...

        Amalphia