RE: [Renfolks] Lady Karen is hospitalized x-posted

  • lilith690
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 23, 2010

      Hi Karen,

      So very relieved to know you are now home and recovering.  Please take it easy and Arie and I will see you soon at Scarby.

      Lilith

    • Meggie Mae
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 4, 2010
        Sorry to hear that Squinty.....been thinking of you and yours...hope all is well.

        --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Squint Eye <hoodrandd@...> wrote:

        > Anyone with DARF and the Renagades Please forward.
        > Lady Karen is in North Hills Hospital, in the Fort Worth area. Her Room number is 420 and her phone number there is 817 255-1420. She can take calls from 6:00AM till 9:00PM.
        > Lady Karen had her Potasium level sink too low and that drove her heart Blood Pressure to spike causing her to pass out at the school she works at. She expects to be hospitalized for 2-3 days till they get her leveled back out.
        > I am calling for prayer and thoughts and engeries to be sent to her for a rapid recovery. I talked to her at about 3:30 this afternoon (Monday).
        >
        > Thanks
        > Squinty----Man of Prayer

      • Don Maxwell
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 4, 2010
          Our hearts and candles go out to her, may she be better soon :-)

          Peg

          http://pegasus012162.multiply.com/
          http://dnccontractors.multiply.com/

          Sorry to hear that Squinty..... been thinking of you and yours...hope all is well.

          --- In Renfolks@yahoogroup s.com, Squint Eye <hoodrandd@. ..> wrote:

          > Anyone with DARF and the Renagades Please forward.
          > Lady Karen is in North Hills Hospital, in the Fort Worth area. Her Room number is 420 and her phone number there is 817 255-1420. She can take calls from 6:00AM till 9:00PM.
          > Lady Karen had her Potasium level sink too low and that drove her heart Blood Pressure to spike causing her to pass out at the school she works at. She expects to be hospitalized for 2-3 days till they get her leveled back out.
          > I am calling for prayer and thoughts and engeries to be sent to her for a rapid recovery. I talked to her at about 3:30 this afternoon (Monday).
          >
          > Thanks
          > Squinty----Man of Prayer

        • Jerri Worl
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 4, 2010
            Actually the message you had on your email is an old one, but Lady Karen is BACK in the hospital. This time because of chest pains. They are running tests now. All the other info is correct except the room number.It is 456. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything else. Shade (Jerri)

            Sorry to hear that Squinty..... been thinking of you and yours...hope all is well.

            --- In Renfolks@yahoogroup s.com, Squint Eye <hoodrandd@. ..> wrote:

            > Anyone with DARF and the Renagades Please forward.
            > Lady Karen is in North Hills Hospital, in the Fort Worth area. Her Room number is 420 and her phone number there is 817 255-1420. She can take calls from 6:00AM till 9:00PM.
            > Lady Karen had her Potasium level sink too low and that drove her heart Blood Pressure to spike causing her to pass out at the school she works at. She expects to be hospitalized for 2-3 days till they get her leveled back out.
            > I am calling for prayer and thoughts and engeries to be sent to her for a rapid recovery. I talked to her at about 3:30 this afternoon (Monday).
            >
            > Thanks
            > Squinty----Man of Prayer

          • lilith690
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 4, 2010

              Hi Jerri,

              Wow, Lady Karen is back in hospital again, No!!!  Please give her our regards and let her know we’re sending her thoughts and energies next time you see her.

              Lilith & Arie

            • Momma Windy
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 5, 2010

                Tell that lovely Lady that Momma said she had to be well for Scarby.  As Don said our love pray and energy are with her.

                Momma Windy

              • Neraksnikl@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 7, 2010
                  Yes, as Jerri (Shade) reported, I was back in the hospital..here's what happened.

                   Wednesday I stayed home from school due to a migraine and chest pains. By 6 that evening the migraine was gone but the chest pains were still there and my left arm was hurting horribly.

                  I called Mike, then the doctor, who told me to go down to the hospital and get checked out, just in case this was something serious. When I got to the hospital, they rushed me into triage where they performed an EKG..which showed normal heart activity..whew..but they weren't taking any chances, so told me I wasn't going to be leaving any time soon.

                  They stuck me in a bed in the ER..then drew blood and hooked up an IV port in my arm and hooked me to a heart monitor. After a couple of hours I was given a CATSCAN of my chest (they were looking for a blood clot in my lungs). That, too came back negative...but I was scared to death that they'd find cancer or something else..Broke down and cried a little bit before I knew the results because I was scared to death at the time.

                  I was offically admitted to the hospital at 9pm, but wasn't given a room until 2am. The ER beds are NOT comfortable, by the way..LOL They also brought me a bite to eat since I hadn't had anything since noon on Wednesday. That's when I sent Mike home, too, so he could get some rest.

                  Thursday was a rough day because I had nothing to eat until 10 that night. We waited the whole day and night for the cardiologist to show up. We weren't told that he'd been called away on an emergency. (Mike raised hell with the nurse who said she'd forgotten to tell us).He finally showed up at 8 that night and told me I was to have a stress test the following morning, then left.

                   Mike wasted a whole work day sitting the the room with me..he did manage to get "some" work done on the phone and his laptop, but not near as much as he needed to do. I sent him home at 10pm to get some sleep.

                  Thursday, I had Mike go on in to work.

                  I started my 3 part nuclear stress test at 9am. By 2pm I'd finished 2 parts of it, so was finally allowed to eat. I had the 3rd part at 4pm and then around 6pm was told that everything came back NORMAL!!! I hadn't had a heart attack and my heart had no signs of disease..YIPPEEE!!

                  They fed me dinner at 6 then Mike picked me up from the hospital at 7.

                  Here's what the doctors concluded:

                  The pain in my arm, more than likely was caused by the mild form of diabetes that I have. It can cause cause neuropathy..nerve pain..anywhere/anytime. Ibuprophin can help some.

                  The chest pain was caused by a condition that first occurred back when I was 16: Costalcondritis: an inflamation of the cartilage in my ribcage and breastbone. Treatment: Ibuprophin.

                  It's going to be difficult returning to school on Monday, since I haven't been having to lift kids all the time I've been gone.

                  Karen

                  Actually the message you had on your email is an old one, but Lady Karen is BACK in the hospital. This time because of chest pains. They are running tests now. All the other info is correct except the room number.It is 425. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything else. Shade (Jerri)

                  Sorry to hear that Squinty..... been thinking of you and yours...hope all is well.

                  --- In Renfolks@yahoogroup s.com, Squint Eye <hoodrandd@. ..> wrote:

                  > Anyone with DARF and the Renagades Please forward.
                  > Lady Karen is in North Hills Hospital, in the Fort Worth area. Her Room number is 420 and her phone number there is 817 255-1420. She can take calls from 6:00AM till 9:00PM.
                  > Lady Karen had her Potasium level sink too low and that drove her heart Blood Pressure to spike causing her to pass out at the school she works at. She expects to be hospitalized for 2-3 days till they get her leveled back out.
                  > I am calling for prayer and thoughts and engeries to be sent to her for a rapid recovery. I talked to her at about 3:30 this afternoon (Monday).
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  > Squinty----Man of Prayer

                • lilith690
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 8, 2010

                    Hi Karen,

                    Whew!  I’m so very relieved to know you are OK and at home.  I’m relieved you had no heart attack and you don’t have any cancer.

                    Can’t wait to see you both at Scarby soon.

                    Lilith

                    _

                  • Neraksnikl@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 9, 2010
                      Thanks..yeah we're quite pleased with the diagnosis, too. Mike and I are planning to attend Scarby maybe once. We'll ride the bike out there to get up front parking. Scarby lost our support when they raised the FOF passes to an unreachable level.

                      They could have kept the prices reasonable and gone for a volume business. They could have had many folks supporting the faire, rather that just a select few.