Spam the list, but mind your own business.

  • Daxon Goldmoon
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 11 11:56 AM
      I WANT TO HELP!
      Posting to this list is equivalent to asking for our help, thus, MAKING it our business.
      In order for us (me) to help, we (I'm) going to NEED MORE INFORMATION!

      And all you're giving us (me) is "Who pissed in your Cheerios?"

      <Example:>
      Someone's friend is looking for an apartment. They're going to use "Ren Folks" group list to post lists of available apartments just because he happens to be a fellow Rennie.
      When I ask: "why don't they just Google this information, instead of posting it here?" I'm told to MIND MY OWN BUSINESS!?!?!?  FUCK! You MADE it my (our) business by posting it here.
      </Example>

      It's like sending out SPAM and then saying "Mind your own business." and to top it all off, now I'm made to feel like a dickhead for asking.

      Dax

      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 11 12:07 PM
        10,000 Brothers and Sisters, some of whom need our help, but you're not going to tell us WHO or WHAT help they need?

        Furthermore, you're going to make me feel like a bad person for asking?

        Dax

        And besides "Renfolks" is not just for Faire it is about Fairemily, and Families help each other ALL the time.
        Momma Windy

        Dare I say it's really none of your business 'who' it is, or what they might be looking for. But yeah, there IS a fellow rennie you know very well who has been out of work since January... and I'M keeping an eye out for them.

        I hope that's okay with you.

        Sheesh. Lighten up, Francis.

        --- In Renfolks@yahoogroup s.com, Daxon Goldmoon <daxon2006@. ..> wrote:
        >>>Is there a Fellow Rennie looking for a job? If so, who?

      • Shaz
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 11 12:16 PM
          Dax,

          Relax bro.  Please take into account that some of our unemployed brethren may feel a bit embarrassed to admit the fact that they aren't working or feel that they don't want to clutter up the box with their woes.  I know of quite a few DFW rennies who have been unemployed for months and even years but I have never seen them mention it on these boards.

          Personally I feel that maybe a special board should be made for such postings if the people really need it so as not to clutter up the other boards with information that certain people may find annoying.  However, that's just another board to belong to and I believe its gotten a little out of control.

          I'm just sayin..
          -- Shaz

          10,000 Brothers and Sisters, some of whom need our help, but you're not going to tell us WHO or WHAT help they need?

          Furthermore, you're going to make me feel like a bad person for asking?

          Dax

          And besides "Renfolks" is not just for Faire it is about Fairemily, and Families help each other ALL the time.
          Momma Windy

          Dare I say it's really none of your business 'who' it is, or what they might be looking for. But yeah, there IS a fellow rennie you know very well who has been out of work since January... and I'M keeping an eye out for them.

          I hope that's okay with you.

          Sheesh. Lighten up, Francis.

          --- In Renfolks@yahoogroup s.com, Daxon Goldmoon <daxon2006@. ..> wrote:
          >>>Is there a Fellow Rennie looking for a job? If so, who?

        • Jess Tastie (Ravynne)
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 11 12:31 PM
            Nicely put Shaz.

            Perhaps The Drunken Gnome The-Drunken-Gnome@yahoogroups.com  or Fairbanter fairebanter@yahoogroups.com may be more receptive.

            Jess Tastie

            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 11 12:36 PM
              Oh I'm relaxed. It's being told "Help, but DON'T help, and shame on you for wanting to help." that un-relaxes me.

              I'll go back to being relaxed after I click the "Remove" button on this list.

              See ya

              Dax

              10,000 Brothers and Sisters, some of whom need our help, but you're not going to tell us WHO or WHAT help they need?

              Furthermore, you're going to make me feel like a bad person for asking?

              Dax

              And besides "Renfolks" is not just for Faire it is about Fairemily, and Families help each other ALL the time.
              Momma Windy

              Dare I say it's really none of your business 'who' it is, or what they might be looking for. But yeah, there IS a fellow rennie you know very well who has been out of work since January... and I'M keeping an eye out for them.

              I hope that's okay with you.

              Sheesh. Lighten up, Francis.

              --- In Renfolks@yahoogroup s.com, Daxon Goldmoon <daxon2006@. ..> wrote:
              >>>Is there a Fellow Rennie looking for a job? If so, who?

            • Selena
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 11 1:06 PM
                Right. I'm sorry, Dax, but your initial query didn't seem to ooze "being helpful", imho. My apologizies if I misunderstood your intent. But honestly, you're making a big deal of nothing, here. Really.

                --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Daxon Goldmoon <daxon2006@...> wrote:

                > Oh I'm relaxed. It's being told "Help, but DON'T help, and shame on you for wanting to help." that un-relaxes me.
              • reddogdamnit2
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 11 1:35 PM
                  Time for this to become a little more philosophical. What is real, reality or the perception of reality?

                  Going back and rereading all of Dax's post, I can see where he was asking who needed help. Clearly some did not perceive it that way.

                  But in all fairness, sometimes people don't want the world to know they are out of work, or need some kind of other help; so a general response, I've been asked ..., should be adequate. Or a private response. I can only say that sometimes I've needed help and asked publically, sometimes privately, sometimes not at all, because it was nobody's business, even though some of you here are closer to me than my blood, and I consider you family.

                  So, everyone pop a top, and realize that tomorrow is going to be yet another shitty day.

                  Peace.

                  --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <austinrengirl@...> wrote:

                  > Right. I'm sorry, Dax, but your initial query didn't seem to ooze "being helpful", imho. My apologizies if I misunderstood your intent. But honestly, you're making a big deal of nothing, here. Really.
                  >

                  > --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Daxon Goldmoon <daxon2006@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Oh I'm relaxed. It's being told "Help, but DON'T help, and shame on you for wanting to help." that un-relaxes me.

                • Kat
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 11 2:09 PM
                    For those that have posted the job info,  Thank you.  I may not have personally needed it, (since an hour or more commute to the metroplex is not wanted)  I have friends and family down there that have been helped by these postings too.

                    These are tough times for many.  Even though I work out of the home and self employed, the economy has even effected myself.   Sales on my website have been way down.  But I know this too shall pass,  And while going through Faire withdrawal right now, I'm making new stuff all the time.

                    For a little shameless plug,  if any of you do order from my store, let me know before eyou pay and I'll edit it for free shipping.  just contact me, one way or another.

                    Kathy Smith

                    Time for this to become a little more philosophical. What is real, reality or the perception of reality?

                    Going back and rereading all of Dax's post, I can see where he was asking who needed help. Clearly some did not perceive it that way.

                    But in all fairness, sometimes people don't want the world to know they are out of work, or need some kind of other help; so a general response, I've been asked ..., should be adequate. Or a private response. I can only say that sometimes I've needed help and asked publically, sometimes privately, sometimes not at all, because it was nobody's business, even though some of you here are closer to me than my blood, and I consider you family.

                    So, everyone pop a top, and realize that tomorrow is going to be yet another shitty day.

                    Peace.

                    --- In Renfolks@yahoogroup s.com, "Selena" <austinrengirl@ ...> wrote:

                    > Right. I'm sorry, Dax, but your initial query didn't seem to ooze "being helpful", imho. My apologizies if I misunderstood your intent. But honestly, you're making a big deal of nothing, here. Really.
                    >

                    > --- In Renfolks@yahoogroup s.com, Daxon Goldmoon <daxon2006@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Oh I'm relaxed. It's being told "Help, but DON'T help, and shame on you for wanting to help." that un-relaxes me.

                  • Neraksnikl
                    Message 9 of 23 , Aug 11 5:13 PM
                      I post them to DARF, and have had no objections so far.

                      :-D"Lady" Karen of the Blue Dragon
                      Gnaughty Gnomie
                      Apothecary on Capt Jack's Pearls
                      Dragin' organizer of the Freedom Riders

                      In a message dated 08/11/09 14:31:32 Central Daylight Time, jmqrita@... writes:

                      Nicely put Shaz.

                      Perhaps The Drunken Gnome The-Drunken- Gnome@yahoogroup s.com  or Fairbanter fairebanter@ yahoogroups. com may be more receptive.

                      Jess Tastie

                      10,000 Brothers and Sisters, some of whom need our help, but you're not going to tell us WHO or WHAT help they need?

                      Furthermore, you're going to make me feel like a bad person for asking?

                      Dax

                      And besides "Renfolks" is not just for Faire it is about Fairemily, and Families help each other ALL the time.
                      Momma Windy

                      Dare I say it's really none of your business 'who' it is, or what they might be looking for. But yeah, there IS a fellow rennie you know very well who has been out of work since January... and I'M keeping an eye out for them.

                      I hope that's okay with you.

                      Sheesh. Lighten up, Francis.

                      --- In Renfolks@yahoogroup s.com, Daxon Goldmoon <daxon2006@. ..> wrote:
                      >>>Is there a Fellow Rennie looking for a job? If so, who?

                    • Jerri Worl
                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 12 6:26 AM
                        Karen, I agree with you, if they don't know how to use a delete key, they shouldn't be on a computer and have no use for those listings anyway. I, for one, appreciate them very much. I have quite a few friends that I've been forwarding them to. So THANKS! Jerri

                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 12 12:52 PM
                          I'm not on DARF.

                          I appreciate that you forward the job postings. I currently live in Austin, but one never knows when a move may be necessary and I like knowing what's out there.

                          Jess Tastie