Re: RENAISSANCE FAIRE

  • faireladies92124
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1 8:28 AM
      If you have questions about the faire, give me an email and I'll be happy to help you out. Yes it is a REAL faire - being held on the property of the Ramona Bowl in Hemet. yes this is a REAL faire. We are a group of West Coast faire veterans from RPFS, San Diego Renfaire and Koroneburg Festival putting together a multiweekend permanent site event. With luck and hard work, we will be a REAL BIG faire.

      We are lucky enough to have a marketing firm to help ensure this is a successful event. Andrew posted the event to this site to get the word out - I know most of you are far away - but we like to share the good news of a new faire. There are so many new events coming out this year it is amazing.

      Costume regulations are for participants only. All the BIG faires have them (RPFN, BRISTOL, etc), and they give a continuity to the visual look of the event. It is a good thing! Patrons and guests wear whatever they want - as always!

      If you have helpful insights, suggestions or would like to volunteer your efforts - please do not hesitate to contact the Ramona Bowl directly or shoot me an email.

      Martina
      www.ramonabowlrenaissancefaire.com

      --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Moon\)Dawg" <moondawg@...> wrote:

      > We gots Merchants and Performers an all that stuff gurl! No Garb Nazi's Either! Plus we are a lot closer. I tried to call these people but it is a commercial enterprise an not a "real" faire from what I can find out so far.
      > M)D
      > http://www.sherwoodforestfaire.com/

    • Moon)Dawg
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1 7:16 PM
        Nice message I got this evening. I love to be accused of slander!
        M)D
        Hello,

        I am emailing with a concern about the yahoogroups based fan group called
        robinandcompany · Friends of Sherwood Forest
        Faire

        the person who started this group (Moon Dawg) is slandering our Renaissance Faire in California on several renaissance faire forums. It is extremely unprofessional and reflects badly on your faire. Is there anything you can do to help him keep a more professional demeanor in the public eye?

        ------------
        Martina Livingston
        858-292-6083
      • Selena
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1 8:14 PM
          Why are you continuing to involve us in your little drama?

          And in all honesty, the comments toward this faire were a bit... well, unfair.

          Look, we know nothing about this faire, but I know of Martina's name of being in the faire business for many years now. I know nothing of her faire but if I were in CA, sure, I'd probably go and check it out! How closed minded of you to think that just because they are not in Texas that no one would be interested in this (possible?) start-up faire. I'm sure you'd be a bit pissed if someone did the same to your little "real" faires.

          -selena

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1 8:41 PM
            I tried to contact the faire and offered to loan them photos from my website. That offer still stands. however she sent this to someone else and it upset me as I was only expressing my opinion and not really being malicious about it as I have a great many friends in the SCA and we tease each other all the time. She got upset and started a bloody war or tried to but on this end we all thought it a bit funny and that is the sprit in which I sent that last post.
            In all honesty I did try and did offer assistance to them as is my wont in all things faire and got kicked in the teeth but that's okay me dentist can make a new set.
            Namaste
            M)D
          • Selena
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2 4:14 AM
              You missed my point entirely.

              From my point of view and of those that *only* see what has been posted here, this is what has happened thus far:

              Someone posts an innocuous message advertising their new start-up faire in CA. It boasts all it can... and should! It's a good shout-out as an FYI for those possibly interested. This is quite on topic as this IS a nationwide group of "Renfolks".

              Next posts come along and pretty much bash all CA faires in general and focus on all negative aspects that this little faire couldn't possibly be a "real faire". Nevermind the fact that perhaps... just perhaps their website isn't updated to reflect current information.

              Offering your photos aside, don't you think you guys were a little rough on these people? Hell, all they did was advertise their new faire.

              And no, I don't *know* Ms. Livingston personally. I never claimed to. I just know of her name and a long-time association of being in the business. She's legit... she's just 3000 miles away from us.

              Now my question to you, is why *all the negativity* from the start of all this? If you never received an answer to your "photo" issue, perhaps she doesn't want or need them -- or simply hasn't had time to respond! It's still no way to treat her/them when from what I see on this end, they've done nothing but promote their new faire.

              -selena

              --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Moon\)Dawg" <moondawg@...> wrote:

              > I tried to contact the faire and offered to loan them photos from my website. That offer still stands. however she sent this to someone else and it upset me as I was only expressing my opinion and not really being malicious about it as I have a great many friends in the SCA and we tease each other all the time. She got upset and started a bloody war or tried to but on this end we all thought it a bit funny and that is the sprit in which I sent that last post.
              > In all honesty I did try and did offer assistance to them as is my wont in all things faire and got kicked in the teeth but that's okay me dentist can make a new set.
              > Namaste
              > M)D

            • andrewwilderman
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 6 9:56 AM
                RENAISSANCE FAIRE

                Ramona Bowl Amphitheatre
                27400 Ramona Bowl Rd.
                Hemet, California

                Play, dine, and shop in Southern California's newest permanent site renaissance village. Engage in fun and frolic and shop from the finest artisans in all the land. Entertain yourself with four nonstop stages of singing, dancing and plays! Be amazed and thrilled by live combat and jousting demonstrations! Feast with us and celebrate the changing of the season in style with a run of faire pass.
                Faire opens on the weekend of September 5th and runs every weekend through the 27th. There will be two opportunities to experience the renaissance at night, the second and fourth weekends. Faire hours are Saturdays 10am to 7pm, Sundays 10am to 6pm. On late night weekends, faire opens at 11am on Sunday.
                Adults: $16.00
                Senior/Child/Student/Military: $12.00
                Run of Faire Pass: $95.00

                For more information: