Web Beacons

  • swamp bug
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
      I RECEIVED THIS AND WANTED TO PASS IT ON!

      Yahoo is Tracking Group Members

      If you belong to ANY Yahoo Groups - be aware that Yahoo is now using
      "Web Beacons" to track every Yahoo Group user. It's similar to
      cookies, but allows Yahoo to record every website and every group you
      visit, even when you're not connected to Yahoo. Look at their updated
      privacy statement at http://info. yahoo.com/ privacy/us/ yahoo/details. html

      About half-way down the page, in the section on *cookies*, you will
      see a link that says *WEB BEACONS*.

      Click on the phrase "Web Beacons." On the page that opens, on the left
      find a box entitled "Opt-Out."

      In that section find "opt-out of interest-matched advertising" link
      that will let you "opt-out" of their snooping. Click it and then click
      the opt-out button on the next page.
      Note that Yahoo's invasion of your privacy - and your ability to
      opt-out of it - is not user-specific. It is MACHINE specific. That
      means you will have to opt-out on every computer (and browser) you use.

    • lilith690
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009

        Hi Bug,

        Many thanks.  I went in and opted my machine OUT!!

        I’ll go ahead and OPT OUT Arie’s machine as well.

        I hope you and all my ‘rennie’ family had a wonderful New Year’s celebration.

        Arie and I stayed home. It was too cold to venture outside to our hot tub.  It is the getting out that I hate from a warm tub to the cold air .

        T-MINUS 8 weeks from today Arie and I will be down at the camp grounds at Four Winds Faire!!! Can’t wait………….

        I hope you all will consider going to Four Winds Faire south of Tyler for opening weekend which is the weekend of 28-29 February.

        Remember, the camp ground has a bath house with showers and flushies and a washer & dryer in the male & female portions of the bath house.

        Also, bring food to share for the opening Saturday evening party down in the woods.  This is a fun party and the main course…the brisket or pork is provided by the faire, I believe.  I could be wrong but still come on out, enjoy the opening of the 09 faire season and party party party!!!!! ………Bring a dish to share with all our ‘rennie’ family.

        So come on everyone…come on out to Four Winds Faire opening weekend.  Or, Pirate weekend (don’t know which weekend it is) or for St. Paddy’s Day celebration weekend which is the weekend of 14-15 March (the 17th is on Tuesday this year).  Or….come on out for the Ren Masque which will be held on Saturday evening, March 28th.

        Here is the Four Winds Faire website.

        http://www.fourwindsfaire.com/

        Hope to see a lot of you there!!!!!!!!!! ……………

        Lilith

      • Cheryl Slaughter
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
          Happy New Year's Lilith and Arie!

          I'll be at Four Winds too....Angel and I have a shoppe called Angelic Alchemy.  Please stop by and say hello!

          Cheryl

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009

            Hi Cheryl,

            Wow, I can’t wait to see you opening day at the faire.  I don’t remember you being at this faire previously.

            What will you have for sale???

            Lilith

            PS: Angel, is she the lady who works for Lola of Four Quarters?

          • Cheryl Slaughter
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
              Hey Lilith:

              No, I haven't been to this Faire before.  We'll have Angel's homemade organic soaps, lip balms, lotions and oils, healing crystals, candles, jewerly and some of my daggers.  We'll have some other products as well.

              I will say I'm completely spoiled by her soaps.  The scents are outstanding and for once my skin isn't dry and scaly in the winter!  Its true and yes, a shameless plug!

              As soon as I know where we'll be I'll let you know.  Angel and I worked together at Scarborough for Ron and then together on the pyro crew at TRF.  She's a wonderful person.

              Cheryl

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
                Wrong Angel, Ms. Lilith. This is the Anjel that works for Lola at Four
                Quarters. I'm trying to make it up to Four Winds so maybe I'll see you
                there hun. Lola doing good and did great at the little faire down in
                Corpus. She's getting ready for some more for the coming year.

                Anjel AKA Nicky
              • lilith690
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
                  Hi Anjel,

                  Wow, it is great to hear from you. Glad to know you and Lola are doing
                  well.
                  Arie and I will be at Four Winds Faire the 1st 5 weekends of this faire then
                  on to day trips down to Scarborough Faire on Saturdays. So come the 1st 5
                  weekends at Four Winds.

                  Please give hugs to Lola for me.