Job in Austin an IT network/communication tech

  • Michael McDane Harris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2008
      The company I work for in Austin is looking for an IT communication
      tech to join us.
      What we are looking for is someone skilled in networking and possible
      VoIP experience. Any Nortel networking/telecomm experience such as
      BCM, Norstar,and PBX would be a plus.

      We are a service company and Nortel partner and deal mainly with the
      engineering, sales, hardware installation, upgrading, and maintenance
      of voice and data communication.
      Primary work would be service work around the Austin area using your
      own vehicle (mileage is paid of course) and you supply your own basic
      hand tools. We do not do any cabling. (yay!)
      I know this sound very specailized so we are being flexible on
      specific training or certification. (Hell they hired me!) Mostly we
      are looking for a good self-motivated, hard working network geek
      willing to learn the phone business and help us fill our networking
      needs for new customers. There is some overtime and weekend work but
      it's not the normal. There is also an "on call" status we all share at
      least once every 5 or 6 weeks for emergency service calls (also rare).
      Must play well with others, be dependable, (not drunk on the job all
      the time). Priority will be given to Nortel experienced tech's but
      they are willing to look at anyone with technical experience that
      might be the right fit.
      This is a full time job with benefits. Very relaxed atmosphere and
      everyone works relatively unsupervised (i.e. micro-mangers need not
      apply). Sorry they will not pay for your move if you are outside of
      Austin (who does these days?) But I know for a fact they will do what
      they can to help. If you have ANY question please feel free to email
      me (rengeek@...) or call me at 512-627-5962.