Re: [Renfolks] Re: The Spirit of Eagle Wolf is crushed

  • Squire Dunkin'
    Message 1 of 13 , May 13, 2008
      >> ditto >>

      reddogdamnit2 <davidj@...> wrote:
      felt HUMILIATED
      > )

      Be glad they didn't opt for the historically accurate genocide.

      If I said I'm not easily offended, that would be untrue. I'm very
      easily offended. But not by your appearance. I'm offended by stupidity,
      dishonesty, rudeness. I'm offended when people suggest that because
      Faire, or Wally World or government is big business, that there is
      nothing we can do to change its behavior. Bull! We can stand on our
      feet and demand change; we don't have to just take it.

      Roas Parks, Nelson Mandela, Herman Sweat, Oliver Brown, all simple
      individuals who would not bow down. Change is possable.

      e e cummings said it best "there is some shit i will not eat"

    • arie069
      Message 2 of 13 , May 13, 2008

        Reading the other posts, and talking to you last Saturday, and knowing where the Owners come from, I am ready to give an answer.  “THE RELEGIOUS RIGHT” SELECTIVELY REACTS AGAIN!!!!  They had better take a good long look at the general population and feelings, or they might find themselves short many customers and  all the dollars they spend, if this attitude continues.  I know my wife and I have already spent over $350 this year ourselves inside fair, multiply that by, how many times? For the rest of us.

        Maybe they just want to look better so that they can offer themselves up to “DisneyLand”? since TRF is now out of their offering.  Or do they want to turn it into another Branson, MO.

        Spirit of the White Dragon

        Arie

        Message 3 of 13 , May 14, 2008
          It's the dumbing down, the white breading, of this country. Heaven
          forbid someone might be offended, or have to think. Feed them mashed
          potatos so they don't have to chew. Make it easy on everyone.

          Sorry, not for me. I wanted to be pushed, challenged, make me grow
          stronger. It's the sand that makes the pearl.I wnat art, music, that
          pushes the limits. If it pisses some people off, well, that's the way
          of the cold cruel world.

          Give me faire with Eagle Wolf's traditional dress, and some heaving
          bosoms. Some faires, and an ogre or two. A little nautical nastiness,
          and a frosty brew. I'm not going to watch Three's Company.

          If we stop growing, we start dying. I'm not ready to take a dirt nap
          just yet.

          I understand that business want to keep all the patrons happy; but
          that is impossable; so you have to settle on keeping most of them
          happy. Choice between Eagle Wolf and a prude, no brainer. I'm sure
          there are some nondrinkers that go to faire, and maybe even some that
          really objet to the sale of alcohol; they ain't taking down the pubs,
          it's a business decision.

          Damn I miss Hawkwood.

          --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "arie069" <arie069@...> wrote:

          > Reading the other posts, and talking to you last Saturday, and
          knowing where
          > the Owners come from, I am ready to give an answer. "THE RELEGIOUS
          RIGHT"
          > SELECTIVELY REACTS AGAIN!!!! They had better take a good long look
          at the
          > general population and feelings, or they might find themselves
          short many
          > customers and all the dollars they spend, if this attitude
          continues. I
          > know my wife and I have already spent over $350 this year ourselves
          inside
          > fair, multiply that by, how many times? For the rest of us.
          >

          > Maybe they just want to look better so that they can offer
          themselves up to
          > "DisneyLand"? since TRF is now out of their offering. Or do they
          want to
          > turn it into another Branson, MO.
          >

          > Spirit of the White Dragon
          >
          > Arie

          Behalf
> [...]
          the
          > gift of RESPECT and to give this gift to their parent, grandparents
          > and all those they meet along the way in their paths of life. I tell
          > them that in giving this gift of RESPECT that in turn will give them
          > the gift of HONOR and PRIDE and will help bring PEACE into this
          world
          > again.
          > If you wish to voice your opinion regarding this matter, on your own
          > accord, please do so respectively by contacting Coy Sevier by e-mail
          > at gm@... <mailto:gm%40scarboroughrenfest.com> so that
          > he may pass your message on to
          > the owners of Scarborough Faire. Please remember, it was the owner
          not
          > security or Coy that found me "OFFENSIVE".
          > Since there is no word for "GOOD-BYE" in my native tongue, I say
          > DO-DA-GA-G`HV-I, which means, UNTIL I SEE YOU AGAIN.

        • Rae
          Message 4 of 13 , May 21, 2008
            So I missed all the excitment but have read about what happened.
            Alan, you know how I feel about you and your Eagle Wolf garb. I do
            not know the resolution but it sounds like it is positive. I'm
            happy knowing Eagle Wolf will still be in attendance.

            As for what David said --- amen (in a purely non-religious way)! :-)

            Rae

            --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "reddogdamnit2" <davidj@...> wrote:

            It's the dumbing down, the white breading, of this country. Heaven
            forbid someone might be offended, or have to think. Feed them mashed
            potatos so they don't have to chew. Make it easy on everyone.

            Sorry, not for me. I wanted to be pushed, challenged, make me grow
            stronger. It's the sand that makes the pearl.I wnat art, music, that
            pushes the limits. If it pisses some people off, well, that's the
            way of the cold cruel world.

            If we stop growing, we start dying. I'm not ready to take a dirt nap
            just yet.
          • Rain Dove
            Message 5 of 13 , May 23, 2008
              Right On , Red Dog !