As The Gates Close Once More......

  • Robert Mank
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2007
      As the gates close once more, upon the land and times of Scarborough Faire, we all will take special memories through the summer months along with us. When it is the peak of summer, and the heat soo unbearable, I am sure we will suddenly think of a snowy day spent at Faire. We will suddenly remember a majical day spent at the opening weekend, when the Fairy Goddess herself shone down in mirth and mischivousness...and made us dance in snow :).
      We will remember, when the months of summer gives little rain to calm that heat bearing on us, of the Closing weekend when it rained throughout cooling the hot day to more comfort.
      Though i soo desperately wanted to be with you all this whole Memorial day Weekend, the Goddess knew this elf had reallife to contend me also. She at least gave me Saturday to enjoy...even held off the rain most of the day, so this child would enjoy greatly.
      This elf has also a special memory to cherish - given to him over the weekends spent at Scarborough Faire. One weekend when he heard a female voice call "dobby". Looking behind me and up upon the gate wall at the entrance, this elf found that the call to him, by name, was from none other than the Queen Of England herself. To this elf.....To be singled out specifically by Queen Anne herself.......This was like heaven itself <<bashful warm smile>>.
      To all that I call friend. To all that have crossed and joined me upon the journeys that soon brings us all together at Faires to enjoy and laugh together....I will once again give warm hugs and/or hand shakes. 4 months is not too long a time at all....only 120 days. At the end of that time...I will see you all once again......At TRF!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Dobby
      IFORP
      Ship's elf: HMS Motleigh
      Squadron 1
      Crow's Nest And Master StoryTeller
      Pet/slave to MsEmerald
      Beloved Elf- subserviant to LadyJezabel.
      Beloved elf -pet to WenchKathy
      Cherished House-elf to RenaissanceBarby
      Owner of the two-foot sign-language monkey "dunstin".

    • lilith
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2007

        Hey Dobby & All My Other Rennie Friends,

        For me 4 months/120 approximate days is a LONG TIME.  However, these next 2 weekends coming up is the 2nd Annual Lawton, Oklahoma Renaissance Festival (2/3 and 9/10 June).  At least Arie and I have a fair to go that is real close to my home, a 45 minute drive from Burkburnett , TX up I-44 to exit 36A East along Hwy 7 for 7.5 miles.  Here is the website in case you would like to drive up to Lawton , Oklahoma .  And if any of you do drive up, call me first at 940-569-2553 so I can give you good directions.

        http://www.lawtonrenfest.com/

        Lilith

        A new fair can only grow with your full supportJ

      • Robert Mank
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2007
          Awwwww I wish soo much that i could. But my next two weekends are taken via a dear Lady that allowed Her pet to play for two months at Faire. NOW comes that time for payback and giving Thanks to her <<giggles>>.
          I hope all have a great time. At least I get to see alot of Faire friends at this weekends Scottish festival. I thought of telling a dear woman -friend "Oooooh! You got to go, dressed up like a sheep!! All the people there will adore you for it!!"
          Hey! I can run fast...when she wants to pay me back after, for my idea  LMFAO
          dobby