1/06/07 TEXAS OTTERS REN/Medieval GATHERING NEW WINTER LOCATION

  • Dread von Wraith
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2006
      SATURAY JANUARY 6, 2007

      NEW WINTER LOCATION: THE LION & THE ROSE (BLANCO/ 410 N)
      http://www.thelionandrose.com/
      Park North Shopping Center,
      842 NW Loop 410,
      San Antonio, TX 78216
      Maps & Directions from MapQuest

      Contact Us:
      Tel: 210.798.4154
      Fax: 210.798.4158
      Send us an email!

      E MUZEKI LIVE! for the gathering. Kicking off around 9:30 pm... come
      early and enjoy!
      http://www.emuzeki.com/

      Come join us for our monthly Rennie Gathering in San Antonio Texas.
      These gathering will take place every FIRST SATURDAY of every month.
      Every rennie, ren group, renrat, SCA'er and anyone interested in
      renaissance festivals, Celtic festivals, fantasy, Celtic music, LARP
      (Live Action role Playing), are invited to come out and join in the
      fun. NO COVER CHARGE, FULL BAR, GOOD FOOD, ALL AGES WELCOME. Bring
      your banners, wear your garb, but all weapons must be peace

      The Texas Otter Renaissance Gathering is held every first Saturday of
      the month, except during Excalibur and TRF. This gathering was created
      to help out lag time from fest, give a warm welcome to any new comers
      into the ren fest scene, keep in touch with one another, make new
      friends, and have one hell of a good time. We have made this free for
      everyone by way of our sponsors.

      Main site:
      http://renradio.com/otters/

      Sponsors:
      http://irishcajun.com/

      http://renshirts.com/

      http://renradio.com

      http://www.magicalfire.com/

      http://excaliburfaire.com/

      LOCATION: LION & THE ROSE (BLANCO/ 410 N) http://www.thelionandrose.com/
    • Cherry, The Lifesaver
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 29, 2006
        That sounds fun, don't know for sure (since I've been sick with a
        stomach virus for 5 days now) but I've I'm better Konrad and I might
        see if we can come down for the night.
        Cherry

        PS: Cheryl and Al, is the house invite still available?

        --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Dread von Wraith" <lorddread@...>
        wrote:

        > SATURAY JANUARY 6, 2007
        >
        > NEW WINTER LOCATION: THE LION & THE ROSE (BLANCO/ 410 N)
        > http://www.thelionandrose.com/
        > Park North Shopping Center,
        > 842 NW Loop 410,
        > San Antonio, TX 78216
        > Maps & Directions from MapQuest
        >
        > Contact Us:
        > Tel: 210.798.4154
        > Fax: 210.798.4158
        > Send us an email!
        >
        > E MUZEKI LIVE! for the gathering. Kicking off around 9:30 pm...
        come
        > early and enjoy!
        > http://www.emuzeki.com/
        >
        > Come join us for our monthly Rennie Gathering in San Antonio Texas.
        > These gathering will take place every FIRST SATURDAY of every
        month.
        > Every rennie, ren group, renrat, SCA'er and anyone interested in
        > renaissance festivals, Celtic festivals, fantasy, Celtic music,
        LARP
        > (Live Action role Playing), are invited to come out and join in the
        > fun. NO COVER CHARGE, FULL BAR, GOOD FOOD, ALL AGES WELCOME. Bring
        > your banners, wear your garb, but all weapons must be peace
        >

        > The Texas Otter Renaissance Gathering is held every first Saturday
        of
        > the month, except during Excalibur and TRF. This gathering was
        created
        > to help out lag time from fest, give a warm welcome to any new
        comers
        > into the ren fest scene, keep in touch with one another, make new
        > friends, and have one hell of a good time. We have made this free
        for
        > everyone by way of our sponsors.
        >
        > Main site:
        > http://renradio.com/otters/
        >
        > Sponsors:
        > http://irishcajun.com/
        >
        > http://renshirts.com/
        >
        > http://renradio.com
        >
        > http://www.magicalfire.com/
        >
        > http://excaliburfaire.com/
        >
        > LOCATION: LION & THE ROSE (BLANCO/ 410 N)
        http://www.thelionandrose.com/

      • Selena
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 30, 2006
          Hmmm-- good luck with this, Dread. For those interested, this is NOT
          your average friendly local pub. This is an upscale (read expensive)
          bar. Chris has worked with both the owner and the manager of another
          location, as well as his agency has met clients there for business
          meetings "many many times".

          Is this something you picked out because of it's theme, or is it
          something you worked out with the pub owner/managers?

          -selena

          > SATURAY JANUARY 6, 2007
          >
          > NEW WINTER LOCATION: THE LION & THE ROSE (BLANCO/ 410 N)
          > http://www.thelionandrose.com/
          > Park North Shopping Center,
          > 842 NW Loop 410,
          > San Antonio, TX 78216
          > Maps & Directions from MapQuest
          >
          > Contact Us:
          > Tel: 210.798.4154
          > Fax: 210.798.4158
          > Send us an email!
          >
          > E MUZEKI LIVE! for the gathering. Kicking off around 9:30 pm... come
          > early and enjoy!
          > http://www.emuzeki.com/
          >
          > Come join us for our monthly Rennie Gathering in San Antonio Texas.
          > These gathering will take place every FIRST SATURDAY of every month.
          > Every rennie, ren group, renrat, SCA'er and anyone interested in
          > renaissance festivals, Celtic festivals, fantasy, Celtic music, LARP
          > (Live Action role Playing), are invited to come out and join in the
          > fun. NO COVER CHARGE, FULL BAR, GOOD FOOD, ALL AGES WELCOME. Bring
          > your banners, wear your garb, but all weapons must be peace
          >

          > The Texas Otter Renaissance Gathering is held every first Saturday of
          > the month, except during Excalibur and TRF. This gathering was created
          > to help out lag time from fest, give a warm welcome to any new comers
          > into the ren fest scene, keep in touch with one another, make new
          > friends, and have one hell of a good time. We have made this free for
          > everyone by way of our sponsors.
          >
          > Main site:
          > http://renradio.com/otters/
          >
          > Sponsors:
          > http://irishcajun.com/
          >
          > http://renshirts.com/
          >
          > http://renradio.com
          >
          > http://www.magicalfire.com/
          >
          > http://excaliburfaire.com/
          >
          > LOCATION: LION & THE ROSE (BLANCO/ 410 N) http://www.thelionandrose.com/

        • tazz Capt.of the Guard
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 30, 2006
            also this is not a chaos sponserd event due to that dread is NOT A MEMBER OF THE CHAOS GROUP  and from what i have seen of the place and such it is a nice place but very upscale  and may not aprove of some of the ways we act  ( loud and overly friendly)

            there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the worldlike blue mantles beneath the stars , with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery,and chivalry, with its shadow-guarded tombs, whose riders wore steel and silk and gold.But the proudest kingdom of the world was Caerleon, reigning supreme in the dreaming west and the devil came forth, dark-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the earth under his booted feet
            Second in comand of Caerleon
            Capt. of the  Guard of Caerleon
            Son of the Warlord of Caerleon

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • lorddread@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
              No, this is not a "chaos" event & NEVER in the 2 years has it, just like some others.

              This is for EVERYONE PERSON out there, Rennies, larp'rs, SCA'rs and newcomers..  The old kilt wearin' bartender from Sams is woking there as MANAGER now, come out and say hello to Steve!  The owners all know about us and welcome us.  Its a new place to get out of the cold and with a great band like, E Muzeki!

              cya there,
              TRAVIS