RE: [Renfolks] I Do NOT Believe this!!!!!!!!!!

  • Arie
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 2, 2006

      This sounds like the life of Dobby Gillis rerun to me.  Anyone old enough to remember that.

      Arie

      Date: 09/01/06 17:49:54

      Ohhh i'll be at TRF!! No problem There!!

      Even if have to RENT a car...I'm going!! LOL

      Tried to get rid of car alrdy...Nobody will touch while still owe 3 years on it and 10k after incentives/trade in

      Dobby

      Lord Vandor <LordVandorofCHAOS@ ev1.net> wrote:

      DAMN DOBBY... that sucks... you SERIOUSLY need to get rid of that demon car from hell.  I hope it is fixed by TRF so you can come on down.

      Lord Vandor
      The Purple Dragon of CHAOS
      Dragon of The Serpentarium
      Demon Master of The Dark Realm
      The Claw
      Gnightie Gnicking Gnome
      First Officer of The Rogue Wave
      Master Gunner Plisskin of The Blissful Demise
      Master Gunner of AMARDON
      Master Gunner of The Black Pearl
      Godfather of Lady Calypso
      Silver Dagger
      Honorary Terror Tastie
      Durch Stange Mighty Odins hebe ich hiermit Ihre Garantie auf und sende Sie
      zurück zu Gott.
      Bin Ich Schlecht? Ja BIN Ich!!!

      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 2, 2006
        Yes I do remember a very young Bob Denver as Maynard G. Crebs. I watched that and "Our Miss Brooks" with Eve Arden every day.
        Bear

      • Robert Mank
        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 2, 2006
          Dobie Gillis...??!!
          Yup I am old enough to remember....
          Now I ALSO feel my age LMFAO!!
          dobby

            Message 5 of 28 , Sep 3, 2006
              Wow -- so sorry to hear about your vehicle inconveniences Dobby.
              Hopefully you'll get this fixed in short order and be back on the
              road with minimal out of pocket expenses.

              However, a little bit of advice that is obviously a little too late
              right now. When buying a vehicle, check with some of the larger
              insurance carriers to see what your collision coverage is on the
              particular vehicle. Not meaning you have to use any of them and
              honestly, I'd tell everyone STAY AWAY from Farmers, State Farm and
              Progressive but just for quotes not a bad idea that you compare
              against some other types of vehicles of a similar size and price but
              different maker. The purpose being, the premium amount can reflect
              the durability of a vehicle in a crash. For example, I was actually
              told by my carrier they would not insure a Kia (along with a few
              others) because the slightest fender bender basically renders it
              totalled. There were a few others they mentioned but my point is,
              if one of the bigger companies gives you a huge rate quote on a
              particular make of vehicle as opposed to another of similer size,
              they are saying, indirectly, this vehicle won't do well in any type
              of collision.

              Anyway, for whatever that might be worth in the future.

              Rae

              --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mank <slverobert43@...>
              wrote:

              > When ya think it is safe to get behind the
              wheel .................................

              > Left work last night. Stopped at gas station for carton of
              smokes. Went to pull out onto road. Speed only 10mph. Big Buick 4X4
              slams on brakes and I run into his "hitch".
              > Damage to HIS truck.....NONE.
              > Damage to my lil KIA hell car?? Blinks a few times.....Then:
              > $%@#&^!! And I mean $%&^@# Too with that!!!! <grrrrrrrrrrrrrr>
              > I found out the hard way WHAT KIA conciders a bumper on front of
              car. A thin peice of plastic with 2inch thick styrofoam!!
              > I other words........NO bloody bumper at all!!
              > Though only going appx 10mph at most, hadn't even gotten car out
              fully from gas station drive-way.....That *Hitch* on the truck went
              through that so called "Bumper" as if made of tissue paper. Then it
              tore apart the plastic car frame on the right side, disintergrating
              it all from front of the tire wheel to the right front side. Also it
              broke the headlight and dislodged it, as well as breaking
              the "spare" water holder from its connection and putting tiny hole
              on the top.
              > Luckilly the headlight still works though points down
              more....and the car runs fine..no heat build up other than normal.
              To drive car I had to tie a piece of rope around the front part of
              the tire housing and bring it to the front, so the rubber does not
              rub against the tire. AND Yes...the "check Engine light is now
              on....probably due to jarring something out of whack I hope only
              <fingers crossed>.
              > I am never soooo happy that I had "Comprehensive" Auto insurance
              coverage!! LOL. Regretfully i have to drive car, as is now, until
              Thursday because- can bring car in now..BUT rental place part said
              that they wont wait for insurance place to re-imburse the cost of
              rental to them...I have to pay up front. Can not do Credit Card or
              Debit Card, because where i live all my utilities are INCLUDED...so
              no utility bills. The Rental place that the Collison Center uses
              is "Enterprise". So need to wait til payday.
              > As long as car is fixed AND back in time for TRF!!!!! all I care
              about!!!! LOL
              > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
              wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will figure
              happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
              > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
              > Dobby
              > Ship's Elf
              > HMS Motleigh
              >
              > BTW: My crew already told me:
              > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you don't
              stop breaking* your car!!" LOL

              > ---------------------------------
              > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get
              things done faster.

            • Moon Dawg
              Message 6 of 28 , Sep 3, 2006
                You are right! I had a woman ran a stop sign about six months ago now and I almost avoided her but I clipped her left rear corner with my old silver Taurus. I totaled her two week old Hyundai Elantra and drove my Taurus off. I was down to less that 15 mph when I hit her and my air bag did not deploy but it knocked the entire back end of the Hyundai off center almost a foot to the right from the c-pillar back.
                Bear

              • Robert Mank
                Message 7 of 28 , Sep 3, 2006
                  Thanks for that info LadyRae :).
                  I got lucky...My car insurance (HartFord) gave me "Comprehensive" insurance on the KIA - THANK YOU Goddess above, or- would be NO TRF probably all year to pay this thing off now. Only thing that hurt me now is I took off the "Car Rental Insurance", though my Insurance is TRYING to cover it within the total amount for "incedentals " (Her wording)  associated with car being fixed. So, though I do have to pay cash for my rental, it will be re-imbursed <vbg>. Why cash?? No C. Card...and Enterprise wont take my Bank Card because where I live all my utilities (cable, phone, electric, etc) is part of my rent on bi-wkly basis. So, in other words....I can't show a current paid utility bill to show proof of address. Also they said they wont take a car payment bill or insurance payment bill ,though also shows proof of residence. Go figure LOL.
                  And if had credit card anyway...would be same problem sheeesh. But- My insurance will work it out with Enterprise :). All I need to concider is will it be Service King Colission Center -or- Calibur Collision centers? Has anybody had experience with any of these?? Which does best work and great customer relations? Don't want another KIA horror thing to happen.
                  But- again LadyRae...thank you for that advice...I will make sure to do that next time I am ready to get rid of this albatross of a car when paid off :).
                  Dobby
                  AKA: Robert

                  wrote:

                  > When ya think it is safe to get behind the
                  wheel ............ ......... ......... ...

                  > Left work last night. Stopped at gas station for carton of
                  smokes. Went to pull out onto road. Speed only 10mph. Big Buick 4X4
                  slams on brakes and I run into his "hitch".
                  > Damage to HIS truck.....NONE.
                  > Damage to my lil KIA hell car?? Blinks a few times.....Then:
                  > $%@#&^!! And I mean $%&^@# Too with that!!!! <grrrrrrrrrrrrrr>
                  > I found out the hard way WHAT KIA conciders a bumper on front of
                  car. A thin peice of plastic with 2inch thick styrofoam!!
                  > I other words....... .NO bloody bumper at all!!
                  > Though only going appx 10mph at most, hadn't even gotten car out
                  fully from gas station drive-way... ..That *Hitch* on the truck went
                  through that so called "Bumper" as if made of tissue paper. Then it
                  tore apart the plastic car frame on the right side, disintergrating
                  it all from front of the tire wheel to the right front side. Also it
                  broke the headlight and dislodged it, as well as breaking
                  the "spare" water holder from its connection and putting tiny hole
                  on the top.
                  > Luckilly the headlight still works though points down
                  more....and the car runs fine..no heat build up other than normal.
                  To drive car I had to tie a piece of rope around the front part of
                  the tire housing and bring it to the front, so the rubber does not
                  rub against the tire. AND Yes...the "check Engine light is now
                  on....probably due to jarring something out of whack I hope only
                  <fingers crossed>.
                  > I am never soooo happy that I had "Comprehensive" Auto insurance
                  coverage!! LOL. Regretfully i have to drive car, as is now, until
                  Thursday because- can bring car in now..BUT rental place part said
                  that they wont wait for insurance place to re-imburse the cost of
                  rental to them...I have to pay up front. Can not do Credit Card or
                  Debit Card, because where i live all my utilities are INCLUDED...so
                  no utility bills. The Rental place that the Collison Center uses
                  is "Enterprise" . So need to wait til payday.
                  > As long as car is fixed AND back in time for TRF!!!!! all I care
                  about!!!! LOL
                  > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                  wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will figure
                  happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                  > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                  > Dobby
                  > Ship's Elf
                  > HMS Motleigh
                  >
                  > BTW: My crew already told me:
                  > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you don't
                  stop breaking* your car!!" LOL

                  > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                  > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get
                  things done faster.

                • Robert Mank
                  Message 8 of 28 , Sep 3, 2006
                    I can believe it. I still am in shock from what only going 10mph did to the front rt side of my car....looks as if it was in full collison at a higher speed. My last car was a Taurus...years back, when car was doing 20mph, I accidently bumped into something. At that time all I got was a little dent to car.
                    But I know what KIA would say: "You MUST have been going much faster Mph for this much damage LOL. They at least not working on car this time :). We all know KIA would refuse to say how lousy thier cars are made LOL.
                    dobby

                  • Neraksnikl@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 28 , Sep 3, 2006
                      In a message dated 9/2/2006 3:05:59 P.M. Central Standard Time, arie069@... writes:

                      This sounds like the life of Dobby Gillis rerun to me.  Anyone old enough to remember that.

                      Arie

                      Yep, sure do. I used to watch Dobie Gillis late at night or early in the mornings on the old black and white. Usually The Real McCoys was on right afterwards.
                      or
                      ===========
                      or
                    • Rae
                      Message 10 of 28 , Sep 4, 2006
                        In the end too, they are all inconveniences. We don't think about
                        it when all is good but when we have any kind of vehicle problem,
                        suddenly, it's horrific --- the expense, the inconvenience, etc.

                        wrote:

> [...]
                        > is "Enterprise". So need to wait til payday.
                        > > As long as car is fixed AND back in time for TRF!!!!! all I care
                        > about!!!! LOL
                        > > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                        > wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will
                        figure
                        > happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                        > > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                        > > Dobby
                        > > Ship's Elf
                        > > HMS Motleigh
                        > >
                        > > BTW: My crew already told me:
                        > > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you don't
                        > stop breaking* your car!!" LOL
                        > >

                        > > ---------------------------------
                        > > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get
                        > things done faster.
                        > >

                        > ---------------------------------
                        > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

                      • Jennifer
                        Message 11 of 28 , Sep 4, 2006
                          Dobby isnt cursed, KIA is the biggest P.O.S on the road right now.
                          Hello they are made in Korea! They are dangerous and unreliable. I did
                          some research once when the first came out and all the salesman could
                          tell me is that they are the safest car on the road. (BULLS**T) I
                          could go on forever about how that car is a big p.o.s and besides, I
                          sure as hell dont want to contribute to Korea's missile fund. . . . .
                          ... .
                          Dobby sorry you got stuck with a shitty car trade it in as soon as you
                          can!! Hope your luck gets better.

                          Jenny

                          --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Arie" <arie069@...> wrote:

                          > This sounds like the life of Dobby Gillis rerun to me. Anyone old
                          enough to
                          > remember that.
                          >

                          > Arie
                          >
                          > _____

                          Behalf

                          <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43256/*http:/advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbe
                          > ta> Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done
                          faster.

                          > _____
                          >
                          > Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it
                          > <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42974/*http:/www.yahoo.com/preview> out.
                          >

                          > <http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=99433> FREE Emoticons for your
                          > email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!

                        • Lord Vandor
                          Message 12 of 28 , Sep 4, 2006
                            Jenny darlin,

                            There is a differance between North and South Korea. Hyundai and KIA are
                            the two largest manufacturers of automobiles in that country. While neither
                            are the best on the road, I will say that I did own a Hyundai Accent which I
                            bought in early 1996 and I drove that thing to death LITERALLY. It had
                            almost 200,000 miles on it when it finally went bye-bye.

                            However, I am very sorry to hear of Dobby's continuing problems with his POS
                            KIA though.. it sucks cuz' we all love Dobby and we want to see him at Faire
                            all the time ;o)

                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                              Add Nationwide to the list of crappy insurance companies

                              --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Rae" <ladyraestewart@...> wrote:

> [...]
                              > no utility bills. The Rental place that the Collison Center uses
                              > is "Enterprise". So need to wait til payday.
                              > > As long as car is fixed AND back in time for TRF!!!!! all I
                              care
                              > about!!!! LOL
                              > > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                              > wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will
                              figure
                              > happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                              > > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                              > > Dobby
                              > > Ship's Elf
                              > > HMS Motleigh
                              > >
                              > > BTW: My crew already told me:
                              > > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you
                              don't
                              > stop breaking* your car!!" LOL
                              > >

                              > > ---------------------------------
                              > > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

                            • Rae
                              Message 14 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                                It's a long list isn't it David? I recognize that insurance
                                companies, like every other business is in business to make money.
                                I don't fault them for doing that. But from my perspective, I have
                                to fault them for their tactics and lies they spread.

                                For example, State Farm (or Snake Farm as it's known in the legal
                                community) has actually admitted in open court that they will review
                                a claim and make a determination as to how long the injured party
                                might live and take action to delay a claim or a lawsuit in the
                                hopes that person will die before they are forced to pay. They
                                admitted that is their standard practice.

                                Allstate has been gigged by the Texas Department of Insurance for
                                cancelling policies within 60 days of a claim being paid, especially
                                homeowner insurance. Their initial response was, "how are we
                                suppose to make money if we keep paying claims?"

                                But the worse is when rates are raised. Ask your agent why and what
                                they will spew is rhetric about higher claims, higher repair
                                charges, more frivilous lawsuits, etc. Yet, track rate increases
                                and compare it against the stock market. The insurance industry
                                overall has more money than every other business in this country
                                combined. They could lose billions and still have more money than
                                they will ever pay out in claims. But what they do is invest that
                                money in the stock market and when they register losses, they raise
                                rates telling people it's due to easons that have absolutely nothing
                                to do with it why they are actually raising your rates.

                                And when they talk about frivilous lawsuits think about this -- most
                                lawsuits settle for the amount of actual damages a person incurs
                                that do not exceed policy limits. In other words, if the insurance
                                company would have just paid the injured party their costs instead
                                of constantly attempting to low ball them, they wouldn't have all
                                those lawsuits filed against their insured. And think about this,
                                generally speaking they end up paying not only what they should have
                                paid in the first place but they also pay the additional expense of
                                attorney fees to defend a lawsuit that wouldn't have happened if
                                they had done what they are paid to do in the first place.

                                Speaking of which, how many of you have been told by your insurance
                                company, "we'll take care of you, you don't need to hire a lawyer?"
                                That is coming from a company (and they all do this) that has a
                                stable of lawyers on company payroll available 24-7 to represent
                                them. Yet they have the nerve to tell you, "you don't need a
                                lawyer."

                                Rae

                                --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "reddogdamnit2" <davidj@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                > > no utility bills. The Rental place that the Collison Center uses
                                > > is "Enterprise". So need to wait til payday.
                                > > > As long as car is fixed AND back in time for TRF!!!!! all I
                                > care
                                > > about!!!! LOL
                                > > > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                                > > wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will
                                > figure
                                > > happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                                > > > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                                > > > Dobby
                                > > > Ship's Elf
                                > > > HMS Motleigh
                                > > >
                                > > > BTW: My crew already told me:
                                > > > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you
                                > don't
                                > > stop breaking* your car!!" LOL
                                > > >

                                > > > ---------------------------------
                                > > > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

                              • Lesley
                                Message 15 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                                  Hey now don't knock Farmers. I happen to sell that and I know for a
                                  fact that we do cover Kia's. But one has to remember that these
                                  days, insurance companies now look at credit too. Too many times of
                                  people not paying. But if any one needs any help with dealing, I
                                  would be glad to go over things freely with them.

                                  Lesley Gary
                                  AKA Yoyo
                                  281-326-0500

                                  wrote:

> [...]
                                  > is "Enterprise". So need to wait til payday.
                                  > > As long as car is fixed AND back in time for TRF!!!!! all I care
                                  > about!!!! LOL
                                  > > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                                  > wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will
                                  figure
                                  > happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                                  > > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                                  > > Dobby
                                  > > Ship's Elf
                                  > > HMS Motleigh
                                  > >
                                  > > BTW: My crew already told me:
                                  > > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you don't
                                  > stop breaking* your car!!" LOL
                                  > >

                                  > > ---------------------------------
                                  > > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get
                                  > things done faster.
                                  > >

                                  > ---------------------------------
                                  > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

                                • Moon Dawg
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                                    Mmmmm! I don't know! I have been with nationwide for over twenty years and they have always done me right when the chips were down.
                                  • Rae
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                                      Well we'll have to agree to disagree about Farmers.

                                      Rae

                                      --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Lesley" <lesley_gary04@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                      care
                                      > > about!!!! LOL
                                      > > > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                                      > > wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will
                                      > figure
                                      > > happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                                      > > > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                                      > > > Dobby
                                      > > > Ship's Elf
                                      > > > HMS Motleigh
                                      > > >
                                      > > > BTW: My crew already told me:
                                      > > > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you
                                      don't
                                      > > stop breaking* your car!!" LOL
                                      > > >

                                      > > > ---------------------------------
                                      > > > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get
                                      > > things done faster.
                                      > > >

                                      > > ---------------------------------
                                      > > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

                                    • Rae
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                                        We've never come up against Nationwide so I actually have no opinion
                                        about them. However, anyone can check the Texas Department of
                                        Insurance website and get company information, i.e., the types of
                                        insurance they offer, their net, the number of complaints TDI
                                        investigated and found valid. It's a good idea to check before going
                                        with any insurance company but one word to the wise, just because the
                                        company has a huge bottom line that doesn't mean they are quick to pay
                                        claims. Generally speaking, the more money one has, the harder it is
                                        getting them to part with any of it.

                                        But I recognize insurance is a necessary evil. I just wish the
                                        legislature would give a little tit for tat --- allow me to pay my
                                        premiums the way they pay claims -- submit a request, let me
                                        investigate if I actually owe it, let me negotiate with you about
                                        whether or not I like the amount, let me deny it offering you about
                                        10% or less of what the premium is, then in a few months, I might
                                        agree to write a check but after I wait another week requesting a tax
                                        ID number then tell you I have to submit it to another branch for
                                        approval that they will eventually mail to you and you'll receive, at
                                        a minimum two or three years after you first asked for the premiuim.
                                        Seems fair to me! :-)

                                        Rae

                                        --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Moon Dawg" <moon.dawg@...> wrote:

> [...]

                                          > said
                                          >> > that they wont wait for insurance place to re-imburse the cost
                                          > of
                                          >> > rental to them...I have to pay up front. Can not do Credit Card
                                          > or
                                          >> > Debit Card, because where i live all my utilities are
                                          >> INCLUDED...so
                                          >> > no utility bills. The Rental place that the Collison Center uses
                                          >> > is "Enterprise". So need to wait til payday.
                                          > care
                                          >> > about!!!! LOL
                                          >> > wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will
                                          >> figure
                                          >> > happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.

                                          > don't
                                          >> > stop breaking* your car!!" LOL

                                          >> > things done faster.

                                          >> > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

                                        • reddogdamnit2
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Sep 8, 2006
                                            My experience was them refusing to settle, forcing a lawsuit etc etc. I
                                            personally consider them lying sacks of manure, primarily because
                                            several of their representatives lied to me.