Re: [Renfolks] I Do NOT Believe this!!!!!!!!!!

  • Moon Dawg
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 2 12:31 PM
      The car is cursed! I think some one need to do an Exorcism on it.
      Bear
    • Arie
      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 2 1:04 PM

        This sounds like the life of Dobby Gillis rerun to me.  Anyone old enough to remember that.

        Arie

        Date: 09/01/06 17:49:54

        Ohhh i'll be at TRF!! No problem There!!

        Even if have to RENT a car...I'm going!! LOL

        Tried to get rid of car alrdy...Nobody will touch while still owe 3 years on it and 10k after incentives/trade in

        Dobby

        Lord Vandor <LordVandorofCHAOS@ ev1.net> wrote:

        DAMN DOBBY... that sucks... you SERIOUSLY need to get rid of that demon car from hell.  I hope it is fixed by TRF so you can come on down.

        Lord Vandor
        The Purple Dragon of CHAOS
        Dragon of The Serpentarium
        Demon Master of The Dark Realm
        The Claw
        Gnightie Gnicking Gnome
        First Officer of The Rogue Wave
        Master Gunner Plisskin of The Blissful Demise
        Master Gunner of AMARDON
        Master Gunner of The Black Pearl
        Godfather of Lady Calypso
        Silver Dagger
        Honorary Terror Tastie
        Durch Stange Mighty Odins hebe ich hiermit Ihre Garantie auf und sende Sie
        zurück zu Gott.
        Bin Ich Schlecht? Ja BIN Ich!!!

        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 2 1:10 PM
          Yes I do remember a very young Bob Denver as Maynard G. Crebs. I watched that and "Our Miss Brooks" with Eve Arden every day.
          Bear

        • Robert Mank
          Message 4 of 28 , Sep 2 2:18 PM
            Dobie Gillis...??!!
            Yup I am old enough to remember....
            Now I ALSO feel my age LMFAO!!
            dobby

              Message 6 of 28 , Sep 3 7:12 AM
                Wow -- so sorry to hear about your vehicle inconveniences Dobby.
                Hopefully you'll get this fixed in short order and be back on the
                road with minimal out of pocket expenses.

                However, a little bit of advice that is obviously a little too late
                right now. When buying a vehicle, check with some of the larger
                insurance carriers to see what your collision coverage is on the
                particular vehicle. Not meaning you have to use any of them and
                honestly, I'd tell everyone STAY AWAY from Farmers, State Farm and
                Progressive but just for quotes not a bad idea that you compare
                against some other types of vehicles of a similar size and price but
                different maker. The purpose being, the premium amount can reflect
                the durability of a vehicle in a crash. For example, I was actually
                told by my carrier they would not insure a Kia (along with a few
                others) because the slightest fender bender basically renders it
                totalled. There were a few others they mentioned but my point is,
                if one of the bigger companies gives you a huge rate quote on a
                particular make of vehicle as opposed to another of similer size,
                they are saying, indirectly, this vehicle won't do well in any type
                of collision.

                Anyway, for whatever that might be worth in the future.

                Rae

                --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mank <slverobert43@...>
                wrote:

                > When ya think it is safe to get behind the
                wheel .................................

                > Left work last night. Stopped at gas station for carton of
                smokes. Went to pull out onto road. Speed only 10mph. Big Buick 4X4
                slams on brakes and I run into his "hitch".
                > Damage to HIS truck.....NONE.
                > Damage to my lil KIA hell car?? Blinks a few times.....Then:
                > $%@#&^!! And I mean $%&^@# Too with that!!!! <grrrrrrrrrrrrrr>
                > I found out the hard way WHAT KIA conciders a bumper on front of
                car. A thin peice of plastic with 2inch thick styrofoam!!
                > I other words........NO bloody bumper at all!!
                > Though only going appx 10mph at most, hadn't even gotten car out
                fully from gas station drive-way.....That *Hitch* on the truck went
                through that so called "Bumper" as if made of tissue paper. Then it
                tore apart the plastic car frame on the right side, disintergrating
                it all from front of the tire wheel to the right front side. Also it
                broke the headlight and dislodged it, as well as breaking
                the "spare" water holder from its connection and putting tiny hole
                on the top.
                > Luckilly the headlight still works though points down
                more....and the car runs fine..no heat build up other than normal.
                To drive car I had to tie a piece of rope around the front part of
                the tire housing and bring it to the front, so the rubber does not
                rub against the tire. AND Yes...the "check Engine light is now
                on....probably due to jarring something out of whack I hope only
                <fingers crossed>.
                > I am never soooo happy that I had "Comprehensive" Auto insurance
                coverage!! LOL. Regretfully i have to drive car, as is now, until
                Thursday because- can bring car in now..BUT rental place part said
                that they wont wait for insurance place to re-imburse the cost of
                rental to them...I have to pay up front. Can not do Credit Card or
                Debit Card, because where i live all my utilities are INCLUDED...so
                no utility bills. The Rental place that the Collison Center uses
                is "Enterprise". So need to wait til payday.
                > As long as car is fixed AND back in time for TRF!!!!! all I care
                about!!!! LOL
                > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will figure
                happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                > Dobby
                > Ship's Elf
                > HMS Motleigh
                >
                > BTW: My crew already told me:
                > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you don't
                stop breaking* your car!!" LOL

                > ---------------------------------
                > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get
                things done faster.

              • Moon Dawg
                Message 7 of 28 , Sep 3 8:42 AM
                  You are right! I had a woman ran a stop sign about six months ago now and I almost avoided her but I clipped her left rear corner with my old silver Taurus. I totaled her two week old Hyundai Elantra and drove my Taurus off. I was down to less that 15 mph when I hit her and my air bag did not deploy but it knocked the entire back end of the Hyundai off center almost a foot to the right from the c-pillar back.
                  Bear

                • Robert Mank
                  Message 8 of 28 , Sep 3 8:43 AM
                    Thanks for that info LadyRae :).
                    I got lucky...My car insurance (HartFord) gave me "Comprehensive" insurance on the KIA - THANK YOU Goddess above, or- would be NO TRF probably all year to pay this thing off now. Only thing that hurt me now is I took off the "Car Rental Insurance", though my Insurance is TRYING to cover it within the total amount for "incedentals " (Her wording)  associated with car being fixed. So, though I do have to pay cash for my rental, it will be re-imbursed <vbg>. Why cash?? No C. Card...and Enterprise wont take my Bank Card because where I live all my utilities (cable, phone, electric, etc) is part of my rent on bi-wkly basis. So, in other words....I can't show a current paid utility bill to show proof of address. Also they said they wont take a car payment bill or insurance payment bill ,though also shows proof of residence. Go figure LOL.
                    And if had credit card anyway...would be same problem sheeesh. But- My insurance will work it out with Enterprise :). All I need to concider is will it be Service King Colission Center -or- Calibur Collision centers? Has anybody had experience with any of these?? Which does best work and great customer relations? Don't want another KIA horror thing to happen.
                    But- again LadyRae...thank you for that advice...I will make sure to do that next time I am ready to get rid of this albatross of a car when paid off :).
                    Dobby
                    AKA: Robert

                    wrote:

                    > When ya think it is safe to get behind the
                    wheel ............ ......... ......... ...

                    > Left work last night. Stopped at gas station for carton of
                    smokes. Went to pull out onto road. Speed only 10mph. Big Buick 4X4
                    slams on brakes and I run into his "hitch".
                    > Damage to HIS truck.....NONE.
                    > Damage to my lil KIA hell car?? Blinks a few times.....Then:
                    > $%@#&^!! And I mean $%&^@# Too with that!!!! <grrrrrrrrrrrrrr>
                    > I found out the hard way WHAT KIA conciders a bumper on front of
                    car. A thin peice of plastic with 2inch thick styrofoam!!
                    > I other words....... .NO bloody bumper at all!!
                    > Though only going appx 10mph at most, hadn't even gotten car out
                    fully from gas station drive-way... ..That *Hitch* on the truck went
                    through that so called "Bumper" as if made of tissue paper. Then it
                    tore apart the plastic car frame on the right side, disintergrating
                    it all from front of the tire wheel to the right front side. Also it
                    broke the headlight and dislodged it, as well as breaking
                    the "spare" water holder from its connection and putting tiny hole
                    on the top.
                    > Luckilly the headlight still works though points down
                    more....and the car runs fine..no heat build up other than normal.
                    To drive car I had to tie a piece of rope around the front part of
                    the tire housing and bring it to the front, so the rubber does not
                    rub against the tire. AND Yes...the "check Engine light is now
                    on....probably due to jarring something out of whack I hope only
                    <fingers crossed>.
                    > I am never soooo happy that I had "Comprehensive" Auto insurance
                    coverage!! LOL. Regretfully i have to drive car, as is now, until
                    Thursday because- can bring car in now..BUT rental place part said
                    that they wont wait for insurance place to re-imburse the cost of
                    rental to them...I have to pay up front. Can not do Credit Card or
                    Debit Card, because where i live all my utilities are INCLUDED...so
                    no utility bills. The Rental place that the Collison Center uses
                    is "Enterprise" . So need to wait til payday.
                    > As long as car is fixed AND back in time for TRF!!!!! all I care
                    about!!!! LOL
                    > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                    wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will figure
                    happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                    > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                    > Dobby
                    > Ship's Elf
                    > HMS Motleigh
                    >
                    > BTW: My crew already told me:
                    > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you don't
                    stop breaking* your car!!" LOL

                    > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                    > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get
                    things done faster.

                  • Robert Mank
                    Message 9 of 28 , Sep 3 9:26 AM
                      I can believe it. I still am in shock from what only going 10mph did to the front rt side of my car....looks as if it was in full collison at a higher speed. My last car was a Taurus...years back, when car was doing 20mph, I accidently bumped into something. At that time all I got was a little dent to car.
                      But I know what KIA would say: "You MUST have been going much faster Mph for this much damage LOL. They at least not working on car this time :). We all know KIA would refuse to say how lousy thier cars are made LOL.
                      dobby

                    • Neraksnikl@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 28 , Sep 3 3:32 PM
                        In a message dated 9/2/2006 3:05:59 P.M. Central Standard Time, arie069@... writes:

                        This sounds like the life of Dobby Gillis rerun to me.  Anyone old enough to remember that.

                        Arie

                        Yep, sure do. I used to watch Dobie Gillis late at night or early in the mornings on the old black and white. Usually The Real McCoys was on right afterwards.
                        or
                        ===========
                        or
                      • Rae
                        Message 11 of 28 , Sep 4 7:28 AM
                          In the end too, they are all inconveniences. We don't think about
                          it when all is good but when we have any kind of vehicle problem,
                          suddenly, it's horrific --- the expense, the inconvenience, etc.

                          wrote:

> [...]
                          > is "Enterprise". So need to wait til payday.
                          > > As long as car is fixed AND back in time for TRF!!!!! all I care
                          > about!!!! LOL
                          > > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                          > wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will
                          figure
                          > happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                          > > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                          > > Dobby
                          > > Ship's Elf
                          > > HMS Motleigh
                          > >
                          > > BTW: My crew already told me:
                          > > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you don't
                          > stop breaking* your car!!" LOL
                          > >

                          > > ---------------------------------
                          > > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get
                          > things done faster.
                          > >

                          > ---------------------------------
                          > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

                        • Jennifer
                          Message 12 of 28 , Sep 4 4:00 PM
                            Dobby isnt cursed, KIA is the biggest P.O.S on the road right now.
                            Hello they are made in Korea! They are dangerous and unreliable. I did
                            some research once when the first came out and all the salesman could
                            tell me is that they are the safest car on the road. (BULLS**T) I
                            could go on forever about how that car is a big p.o.s and besides, I
                            sure as hell dont want to contribute to Korea's missile fund. . . . .
                            ... .
                            Dobby sorry you got stuck with a shitty car trade it in as soon as you
                            can!! Hope your luck gets better.

                            Jenny

                            --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Arie" <arie069@...> wrote:

                            > This sounds like the life of Dobby Gillis rerun to me. Anyone old
                            enough to
                            > remember that.
                            >

                            > Arie
                            >
                            > _____

                            Behalf

                            <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43256/*http:/advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbe
                            > ta> Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done
                            faster.

                            > _____
                            >
                            > Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it
                            > <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42974/*http:/www.yahoo.com/preview> out.
                            >

                            > <http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=99433> FREE Emoticons for your
                            > email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!

                          • Lord Vandor
                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 4 7:06 PM
                              Jenny darlin,

                              There is a differance between North and South Korea. Hyundai and KIA are
                              the two largest manufacturers of automobiles in that country. While neither
                              are the best on the road, I will say that I did own a Hyundai Accent which I
                              bought in early 1996 and I drove that thing to death LITERALLY. It had
                              almost 200,000 miles on it when it finally went bye-bye.

                              However, I am very sorry to hear of Dobby's continuing problems with his POS
                              KIA though.. it sucks cuz' we all love Dobby and we want to see him at Faire
                              all the time ;o)

                              Message 14 of 28 , Sep 7 6:53 AM
                                Add Nationwide to the list of crappy insurance companies

                                --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Rae" <ladyraestewart@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                > no utility bills. The Rental place that the Collison Center uses
                                > is "Enterprise". So need to wait til payday.
                                > > As long as car is fixed AND back in time for TRF!!!!! all I
                                care
                                > about!!!! LOL
                                > > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                                > wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will
                                figure
                                > happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                                > > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                                > > Dobby
                                > > Ship's Elf
                                > > HMS Motleigh
                                > >
                                > > BTW: My crew already told me:
                                > > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you
                                don't
                                > stop breaking* your car!!" LOL
                                > >

                                > > ---------------------------------
                                > > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

                              • Rae
                                Message 15 of 28 , Sep 7 8:05 AM
                                  It's a long list isn't it David? I recognize that insurance
                                  companies, like every other business is in business to make money.
                                  I don't fault them for doing that. But from my perspective, I have
                                  to fault them for their tactics and lies they spread.

                                  For example, State Farm (or Snake Farm as it's known in the legal
                                  community) has actually admitted in open court that they will review
                                  a claim and make a determination as to how long the injured party
                                  might live and take action to delay a claim or a lawsuit in the
                                  hopes that person will die before they are forced to pay. They
                                  admitted that is their standard practice.

                                  Allstate has been gigged by the Texas Department of Insurance for
                                  cancelling policies within 60 days of a claim being paid, especially
                                  homeowner insurance. Their initial response was, "how are we
                                  suppose to make money if we keep paying claims?"

                                  But the worse is when rates are raised. Ask your agent why and what
                                  they will spew is rhetric about higher claims, higher repair
                                  charges, more frivilous lawsuits, etc. Yet, track rate increases
                                  and compare it against the stock market. The insurance industry
                                  overall has more money than every other business in this country
                                  combined. They could lose billions and still have more money than
                                  they will ever pay out in claims. But what they do is invest that
                                  money in the stock market and when they register losses, they raise
                                  rates telling people it's due to easons that have absolutely nothing
                                  to do with it why they are actually raising your rates.

                                  And when they talk about frivilous lawsuits think about this -- most
                                  lawsuits settle for the amount of actual damages a person incurs
                                  that do not exceed policy limits. In other words, if the insurance
                                  company would have just paid the injured party their costs instead
                                  of constantly attempting to low ball them, they wouldn't have all
                                  those lawsuits filed against their insured. And think about this,
                                  generally speaking they end up paying not only what they should have
                                  paid in the first place but they also pay the additional expense of
                                  attorney fees to defend a lawsuit that wouldn't have happened if
                                  they had done what they are paid to do in the first place.

                                  Speaking of which, how many of you have been told by your insurance
                                  company, "we'll take care of you, you don't need to hire a lawyer?"
                                  That is coming from a company (and they all do this) that has a
                                  stable of lawyers on company payroll available 24-7 to represent
                                  them. Yet they have the nerve to tell you, "you don't need a
                                  lawyer."

                                  Rae

                                  --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "reddogdamnit2" <davidj@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                  > > no utility bills. The Rental place that the Collison Center uses
                                  > > is "Enterprise". So need to wait til payday.
                                  > > > As long as car is fixed AND back in time for TRF!!!!! all I
                                  > care
                                  > > about!!!! LOL
                                  > > > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                                  > > wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will
                                  > figure
                                  > > happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                                  > > > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                                  > > > Dobby
                                  > > > Ship's Elf
                                  > > > HMS Motleigh
                                  > > >
                                  > > > BTW: My crew already told me:
                                  > > > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you
                                  > don't
                                  > > stop breaking* your car!!" LOL
                                  > > >

                                  > > > ---------------------------------
                                  > > > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

                                • Lesley
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Sep 7 4:21 PM
                                    Hey now don't knock Farmers. I happen to sell that and I know for a
                                    fact that we do cover Kia's. But one has to remember that these
                                    days, insurance companies now look at credit too. Too many times of
                                    people not paying. But if any one needs any help with dealing, I
                                    would be glad to go over things freely with them.

                                    Lesley Gary
                                    AKA Yoyo
                                    281-326-0500

                                    wrote:

> [...]
                                    > is "Enterprise". So need to wait til payday.
                                    > > As long as car is fixed AND back in time for TRF!!!!! all I care
                                    > about!!!! LOL
                                    > > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                                    > wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will
                                    figure
                                    > happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                                    > > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                                    > > Dobby
                                    > > Ship's Elf
                                    > > HMS Motleigh
                                    > >
                                    > > BTW: My crew already told me:
                                    > > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you don't
                                    > stop breaking* your car!!" LOL
                                    > >

                                    > > ---------------------------------
                                    > > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get
                                    > things done faster.
                                    > >

                                    > ---------------------------------
                                    > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

                                  • Moon Dawg
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Sep 7 6:25 PM
                                      Mmmmm! I don't know! I have been with nationwide for over twenty years and they have always done me right when the chips were down.
                                    • Rae
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Sep 7 7:04 PM
                                        Well we'll have to agree to disagree about Farmers.

                                        Rae

                                        --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Lesley" <lesley_gary04@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                        care
                                        > > about!!!! LOL
                                        > > > And hell...ya never know...maybe they will find things
                                        > > wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will
                                        > figure
                                        > > happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.
                                        > > > Will let ya'll know how it ends........
                                        > > > Dobby
                                        > > > Ship's Elf
                                        > > > HMS Motleigh
                                        > > >
                                        > > > BTW: My crew already told me:
                                        > > > "Dobby....We are going to put you back* in a dingy, if you
                                        don't
                                        > > stop breaking* your car!!" LOL
                                        > > >

                                        > > > ---------------------------------
                                        > > > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get
                                        > > things done faster.
                                        > > >

                                        > > ---------------------------------
                                        > > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

                                      • Rae
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Sep 7 7:09 PM
                                          We've never come up against Nationwide so I actually have no opinion
                                          about them. However, anyone can check the Texas Department of
                                          Insurance website and get company information, i.e., the types of
                                          insurance they offer, their net, the number of complaints TDI
                                          investigated and found valid. It's a good idea to check before going
                                          with any insurance company but one word to the wise, just because the
                                          company has a huge bottom line that doesn't mean they are quick to pay
                                          claims. Generally speaking, the more money one has, the harder it is
                                          getting them to part with any of it.

                                          But I recognize insurance is a necessary evil. I just wish the
                                          legislature would give a little tit for tat --- allow me to pay my
                                          premiums the way they pay claims -- submit a request, let me
                                          investigate if I actually owe it, let me negotiate with you about
                                          whether or not I like the amount, let me deny it offering you about
                                          10% or less of what the premium is, then in a few months, I might
                                          agree to write a check but after I wait another week requesting a tax
                                          ID number then tell you I have to submit it to another branch for
                                          approval that they will eventually mail to you and you'll receive, at
                                          a minimum two or three years after you first asked for the premiuim.
                                          Seems fair to me! :-)

                                          Rae

                                          --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Moon Dawg" <moon.dawg@...> wrote:

> [...]

                                            > said
                                            >> > that they wont wait for insurance place to re-imburse the cost
                                            > of
                                            >> > rental to them...I have to pay up front. Can not do Credit Card
                                            > or
                                            >> > Debit Card, because where i live all my utilities are
                                            >> INCLUDED...so
                                            >> > no utility bills. The Rental place that the Collison Center uses
                                            >> > is "Enterprise". So need to wait til payday.
                                            > care
                                            >> > about!!!! LOL
                                            >> > wrong ,from when KIA screwed up working on my car. Maybe will
                                            >> figure
                                            >> > happened now not prior <VEG> and fix also LOL.

                                            > don't
                                            >> > stop breaking* your car!!" LOL

                                            >> > things done faster.

                                            >> > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

                                          • reddogdamnit2
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Sep 8 7:53 AM
                                              My experience was them refusing to settle, forcing a lawsuit etc etc. I
                                              personally consider them lying sacks of manure, primarily because
                                              several of their representatives lied to me.