The Episode

  • Lisa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      I want to thank EVERYONE for all the love and support you are
      sending my way. An extra special thank you to Tinabug, Wilma, Lexi
      and The Dark Cloud.....my Guardian Angels...Thank You
      My condition is Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, the heart muscle
      becomes too thick to function properly. The thickening is often not
      symetrical, affecting one part of the heart more than others. mine
      is the left side. It may interfere with the functioning of the heart
      by reducing the size of the ventricular chamber. It may also reduce
      the ability of the valves to work properly. The thickening of the
      heart muscle may obstruct the flow of blood out of the heart.

      In addition, heart cells become tangled and jumbled up instead of
      maintaining their normal pattern. One consequence of the disarray of
      these cells is that the electrical impulses that normally run though
      the heart muscle cannot proceed normally, which can lead to abnormal
      heart rhythms (arrhythmias).

      I am taking a calcium channel blocker, which helps the heart beat
      and blood flow more smoothly, i think that's what they do. I am ok
      right now and will be having some test done this weekend to find out
      the extent of the damage (if any - gotta stay positive right?) and
      to find out if there are any blockages.
      Oh, and I like to refer to Tuesdays event as 'The Episode'....sounds
      much better to me than heart attack....don't cha think? I will keep
      ya'll up to date.....
      I love you all and thank you again from the bottom of my big
      asymetrical heart.

      DIVA
    • Robert Mank
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
        DIVA....will hope for a speedy recovery for you, whilst you are on the calcium channel blockers, and anything else to help you get over that last *Episode*. My prayers go to you.
        I take it that seeing all those gents in thier kilts was just too much for your heart at that time <warm grin>
        Dobby
        Ship's elf/Adjunctant Striker
        HMS Motleigh

        Lisa <silver_iris_moon@...> wrote:
[...]

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • lilith
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
          Hi Diva,

          Wow, so glad you explained the condition and why it caused the ....attack.
          I sent you an email to your other address Woodchuck provided in her post.
          Please just take it easy so that we all can see you and Dark Cloud at TRF
          this year.

          Oh, by the way, Bitch Kitty aka Arlena is now de-clawed and neutered so when
          you see her she won't claw you. She is still a pistol.

          Take great care!!