OT: Challenge to all companies for hurricane relief

  • Michael McDane Harris
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2005
      I got this email today from the company I work for. I would like
      everyone to encourage their employers to do the same in some fashion.

      "..EDS will match employee contributions made through the web site up
      to a total of $1 million. To begin the program, EDS will make a
      $100,000 contribution."

      grim
    • reddogdamnit2
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 31, 2005
        Please forward to all oil companies, they won't mind since they jacked
        the price of gasoline up 20 cents a gallon over night, and not a drop
        refined form the higher priced oil. Silly me, I thought profiteering
        was illegal.

        --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Michael McDane Harris"
        <grimalkins@g...> wrote:
        > I got this email today from the company I work for. I would like
        > everyone to encourage their employers to do the same in some fashion.
        >
        > "..EDS will match employee contributions made through the web site up
        > to a total of $1 million. To begin the program, EDS will make a
        > $100,000 contribution."
        >
        > grim
      • James
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 31, 2005
          Not to defend the oil companies, cause I don't like them either, but
          what they charge us is based on the "replacement cost" of the oil & not
          the "purchase cost". & it just broke $70 a barrel last night. I know it
          sounds messed up but that's how it works. Complaining to the oil
          companies isn't the way. We need to complain to Washington, cause they
          wrote the rules.

          Ravic

          --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "reddogdamnit2" <davidj@s...> wrote:
          > Please forward to all oil companies, they won't mind since they
          jacked
          > the price of gasoline up 20 cents a gallon over night, and not a drop
          > refined form the higher priced oil. Silly me, I thought profiteering
          > was illegal.
          >

          > --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Michael McDane Harris"
          > <grimalkins@g...> wrote:
          > > I got this email today from the company I work for. I would like
          > > everyone to encourage their employers to do the same in some
          fashion.

          > > "..EDS will match employee contributions made through the web site
          up
          > > to a total of $1 million. To begin the program, EDS will make a
          > > $100,000 contribution."
          > >
          > > grim
        • LordVandorofCHAOS
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 31, 2005
            Verizon Wireless has announced that it will match all employee contributions 2 to 1 toward the relief effort.

            From: "Michael McDane Harris" <grimalkins@...>
            Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:48:54 -0000

            I got this email today from the company I work for. I would like
            everyone to encourage their employers to do the same in some fashion.

            "..EDS will match employee contributions made through the web site up
            to a total of $1 million. To begin the program, EDS will make a
            $100,000 contribution."

            grim

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            --
            Lord Vandor
            The Purple Dragon of CHAOS
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 31, 2005
              Don't get me started on washington......I want my dang vote back.......
              -Meg

              James <ravic752@...> wrote:
              Not to defend the oil companies, cause I don't like them either, but
              what they charge us is based on the "replacement cost" of the oil & not
              the "purchase cost". & it just broke $70 a barrel last night. I know it
              sounds messed up but that's how it works. Complaining to the oil
              companies isn't the way. We need to complain to  Washington, cause they
              wrote the rules.

              Ravic

              --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "reddogdamnit2" <davidj@s...> wrote:
              > Please forward to all oil companies, they won't mind since they
              jacked
              > the price of gasoline up 20 cents a gallon over night, and not a drop
              > refined form the higher priced oil. Silly me, I thought profiteering
              > was illegal.
              >

              > --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Michael McDane Harris"
              > <grimalkins@g...> wrote:
              > > I got this email today from the company I work for. I would like
              > > everyone to encourage their employers to do the same in some
              fashion.

              > > "..EDS will match employee contributions made through the web site
              up
              > > to a total of $1 million. To begin the program, EDS will make a
              > > $100,000 contribution."
              > >
              > > grim

            • Scott L.
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 31, 2005
                FedEx has already made the same offer. As well as running extra
                trucks to help the shipment of supplies and releif stuff to those in
                the hurricane area. They are also shipping out a lot of things to
                Houston. It has been announced that those staying at the Superdome
                will now be moved to the Astrodome in Houston and possibly another
                location near Beaumont.

                Conall Torp Crow

                --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, " LordVandorofCHAOS"
                <LordVandorofCHAOS@e...> wrote:
                > Verizon Wireless has announced that it will match all employee
                contributions 2 to 1 toward the relief effort.

                > From: "Michael McDane Harris" <grimalkins@g...>
                > Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:48:54 -0000
                >
                > I got this email today from the company I work for. I would like
                > everyone to encourage their employers to do the same in some
                fashion.

                > "..EDS will match employee contributions made through the web site
                up
                > to a total of $1 million. To begin the program, EDS will make a
                > $100,000 contribution."
                >
                > grim
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >

                > --
                > Lord Vandor
                > The Purple Dragon of CHAOS
                > Dragon of The Serpantarium
                > Demon Master of The Dark Realm
                > Master Gunner of The Blissful Demise
                > Master Gunner of The Black Pearl
                > The Claw
                > Silver Daggers
                > Gnightie Gnicking Gnome
                > Member of The Silver Daggers
                > Am I EVIL? YES I AM!!!
                > --
              • reddogdamnit2
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
                  While replacement cost is a valid model for pricing, I don't know of
                  any oter retail product that uses it. But the $70 a barrel is a futures
                  price, which may or may not happen, not a done deal, so the model is
                  not exactly valid. When per bareel futures jumped to $60, it was a $!
                  increase, or 1.6%, but yielded a 10% jump in retail price. Oil expert
                  on this mornings news said it would take a $40 a bareel increase to
                  justify a $1 retail jump, but retail prices have risen 20+ cents
                  overnight, and are expected ot jump another 20-30 cents today. Bottom
                  line, it's profiteering. Just look at the last 2 guarters jump in both
                  earnings & profit for major oil companies.
                • Dustin Stephens
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
                    Well said, David. The oil companies specifically Fina have been buying up all the patents that would make their product obsolete since the 1920's. The oil companies are no longer even American endeavors but multinational corporations that manipulate governments for profit and power. The whole purpose behind the loss of American farms from foreclosure in the mid- eighties was to keep the farming co-ops from competing with oil companies by turning their excess crops into  Ethanol.  We are  addicted to oil and gas burning technology.
                    All alternative energy solutions i.e the department of energy from the Carter admistration were placed under the control of the railroad commision by the Reagan administration. The rail administration deals predominately with fossil fuels. It has been against U.S. law for almost twenty years to pursue other technology that would replace fossil fuels or displace the oil industry. Who put monkey Bush in the Whitehouse? Who is responsible for global warming? Who took away the American birthright of free speech? Where did our system of checks and balances go? It wasn't the democrats or the republicans. They are just here to keep us fighting  ourselves. It was the same multinational corporations that gave us operators in Pakistan that can't reconnect your phone when a billing error is made. There are even laws in place that guarantee these folks an increase in profits from year to year whether they earn it or not. Only americans that refuse to use goods and services of these unethical tyrants can return our country to public rule. It's the only real vote we have left. Sorry to sound off. I'll go back to my cave now.
                    Sincerely,
                    Dustin
                    reddogdamnit2 <davidj@...> wrote:
                    While replacement cost is a valid model for pricing, I don't know of
                    any oter retail product that uses it. But the $70 a barrel is a futures
                    price, which may or may not happen, not a done deal, so the model is
                    not exactly valid. When per bareel futures jumped to $60, it was a $!
                    increase, or 1.6%, but yielded a 10% jump in retail price. Oil expert
                    on this mornings news said it would take a $40 a bareel increase to
                    justify a $1 retail jump, but retail prices have risen 20+ cents
                    overnight, and are expected ot jump another 20-30 cents today. Bottom
                    line, it's profiteering. Just look at the last 2 guarters jump in both
                    earnings & profit for major oil companies.

                  • Beth Br
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
                      My friend's sister lives in Atlanta. She said
                      that she spent $4.79 a gallon with a 45 minute
                      wait at the pump last night. Seems people are
                      panicking because the pipeline that supplies the
                      city comes from a storm hit area that still
                      doesn't have any electricity. They have some
                      reserves, but not enough.

                      Can you say ouch?

                      Beth

                      --- reddogdamnit2