Re: [darf] Question--sorry for the xpost

  • Cynthia Alexander
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
      You would think so, wouldn't you?  Maybe the sequel will clear this mystery up for us.

      My 2 Cents,
      Badra

      Kristen <fairyklg@...> wrote:
      Ok, I have a question.  I have seen Pirates of the
      Carribean countless times, but today, I had a thought
      that I have not been able to answer.

      If Bootstrap Bill Turner was drowned with the cannon
      strapped to his bootstraps AFTER they were cursed,
      wouldn't he still be alive, as all of the pirates
      still were, regardless of having been killed multiple
      times?

      What I'm saying is, isn't he sitting down on the ocean
      floor, just waiting?  Or did he spend time unhooking
      the cannon once he reached the bottom?  If he did
      unhook the cannon, where is he?  Would he swim to the
      nearest port?  Wouldn't he have searched out Will
      Turner?

      Cuz, if the rest of the pirates couldn't be killed,
      why would we assume that Bootstrap Bill was killed
      when Barbossa tossed him offship?

      If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, cuz this
      has me wondering.

      Thanks!

      =====
      Kristen
      Lady to Slash of Chaos
      Lady Mara
      Gnambie Pambie Gnomie
      Drunken Gnome #324
      Captain Scol's Cabin Girl aboard the HS Inebriation
      Mara, First Lady of the Pixies and Sprites within the SPCF
      *pixies and sprites flying around singing "we're number 1!"*
      http://www.rensites.com/gallery/sissy

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

    • Kenny
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
        -
        i take it he was killed when he objected to capn jack being marooned
        which was before they found the cursed treasure!

        -- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Alexander
        <ck_alexander@s...> wrote:
        > You would think so, wouldn't you? Maybe the sequel will clear
        this mystery up for us.

        > My 2 Cents,
        > Badra
        >
        > Kristen <fairyklg@y...> wrote:
        > Ok, I have a question. I have seen Pirates of the
        > Carribean countless times, but today, I had a thought
        > that I have not been able to answer.
        >
        > If Bootstrap Bill Turner was drowned with the cannon
        > strapped to his bootstraps AFTER they were cursed,
        > wouldn't he still be alive, as all of the pirates
        > still were, regardless of having been killed multiple
        > times?
        >
        > What I'm saying is, isn't he sitting down on the ocean
        > floor, just waiting? Or did he spend time unhooking
        > the cannon once he reached the bottom? If he did
        > unhook the cannon, where is he? Would he swim to the
        > nearest port? Wouldn't he have searched out Will
        > Turner?
        >
        > Cuz, if the rest of the pirates couldn't be killed,
        > why would we assume that Bootstrap Bill was killed
        > when Barbossa tossed him offship?
        >
        > If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, cuz this
        > has me wondering.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >

        > =====
        > Kristen
        > Lady to Slash of Chaos
        > Lady Mara
        > Gnambie Pambie Gnomie
        > Drunken Gnome #324
        > Captain Scol's Cabin Girl aboard the HS Inebriation
        > Mara, First Lady of the Pixies and Sprites within the SPCF
        > *pixies and sprites flying around singing "we're number 1!"*
        > http://www.rensites.com/gallery/sissy

        > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor [input] [input] [input] [input]
        [input] [input] [input] I'm a Man Woman seeking a Man Woman
        City or Zip: [input] [input]

        Service.
      • Andrew Hamilton
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
          then how could he send a piece to his son........

          Drewcifer

          Kitchen Bitch
          Gnebulous Gnome
          Chef on the HS Inebriation
          "Butter my butt and call me a biscuit,"
          "Stop the violins, try whirled peas,"
          "Sleep is God, go worship,"
          "Only YOU can pervert forest fairies,"
          > i take it he was killed when he objected to capn jack being marooned
          > which was before they found the cursed treasure!
          >
          > -- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Alexander
          > <ck_alexander@s...> wrote:
          > > You would think so, wouldn't you? Maybe the sequel will clear
          > this mystery up for us.
          > >
          > > My 2 Cents,
          > > Badra
          > >
          > > Kristen <fairyklg@y...> wrote:
          > > Ok, I have a question. I have seen Pirates of the
          > > Carribean countless times, but today, I had a thought
          > > that I have not been able to answer.
          > >
          > > If Bootstrap Bill Turner was drowned with the cannon
          > > strapped to his bootstraps AFTER they were cursed,
          > > wouldn't he still be alive, as all of the pirates
          > > still were, regardless of having been killed multiple
          > > times?
          > >
          > > What I'm saying is, isn't he sitting down on the ocean
          > > floor, just waiting? Or did he spend time unhooking
          > > the cannon once he reached the bottom? If he did
          > > unhook the cannon, where is he? Would he swim to the
          > > nearest port? Wouldn't he have searched out Will
          > > Turner?
          > >
          > > Cuz, if the rest of the pirates couldn't be killed,
          > > why would we assume that Bootstrap Bill was killed
          > > when Barbossa tossed him offship?
          > >
          > > If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, cuz this
          > > has me wondering.
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > >

          > > =====
          > > Kristen
          > > Lady to Slash of Chaos
          > > Lady Mara
          > > Gnambie Pambie Gnomie
          > > Drunken Gnome #324
          > > Captain Scol's Cabin Girl aboard the HS Inebriation
          > > Mara, First Lady of the Pixies and Sprites within the SPCF
          > > *pixies and sprites flying around singing "we're number 1!"*
          > > http://www.rensites.com/gallery/sissy

          > > Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard.
          > > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          > >
          > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor [input] [input] [input] [input]
          > [input] [input] [input] I'm a Man Woman seeking a Man Woman
          > City or Zip: [input] [input]

          > Service.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Maria Hamilton
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
            But then he wouldnt have had a piece to send to Will. No stray gold piece, no movie!

            -

            <ck_alexander@s...> wrote:
            > You would think so, wouldn't you?  Maybe the sequel will clear
            this mystery up for us.

            > My 2 Cents,
            > Badra
            >
            > Kristen <fairyklg@y...> wrote:
            > Ok, I have a question.  I have seen Pirates of the
            > Carribean countless times, but today, I had a thought
            > that I have not been able to answer.
            >
            > If Bootstrap Bill Turner was drowned with the cannon
            > strapped to his bootstraps AFTER they were cursed,
            > wouldn't he still be alive, as all of the pirates
            > still were, regardless of having been killed multiple
            > times?
            >
            > What I'm saying is, isn't he sitting down on the ocean
            > floor, just waiting?  Or did he spend time unhooking
            > the cannon once he reached the bottom?  If he did
            > unhook the cannon, where is he?  Would he swim to the
            > nearest port?  Wouldn't he have searched out Will
            > Turner?
            >
            > Cuz, if the rest of the pirates couldn't be killed,
            > why would we assume that Bootstrap Bill was killed
            > when Barbossa tossed him offship?
            >
            > If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, cuz this
            > has me wondering.
            >
            > Thanks!
            >

            > =====
            > Kristen
            > Lady to Slash of Chaos
            > Lady Mara
            > Gnambie Pambie Gnomie
            > Drunken Gnome #324
            > Captain Scol's Cabin Girl aboard the HS Inebriation
            > Mara, First Lady of the Pixies and Sprites within the SPCF
            > *pixies and sprites flying around singing "we're number 1!"*
            > http://www.rensites.com/gallery/sissy

            > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor [input]   [input]   [input]   [input]
            [input]   [input]   [input]  I'm a  Man Woman seeking a  Man Woman
            City or Zip: [input]   [input]

            Service.

            .
          • Lord Carnage
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
              Sounds plusable, except the monkey was cursed and he didn't spend any
              of the gold and Jack was cursed just for holding a piece in his
              hand. I wondered about this too, and figured poor old Bill was just
              waiting in the depths and died the moment the curse was lifted.
              Sucks to be him! Carnage.

              --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Norath Tovaar of Chaos"

              renaissancefairefun@yahoogroups.com;
              > Renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com; texasrennies@yahoogroups.com;
              > darf@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [Renfolks] Question--sorry for the xpost
              >

              > Ok, I have a question. I have seen Pirates of the
              > Carribean countless times, but today, I had a thought
              > that I have not been able to answer.
              >
              > If Bootstrap Bill Turner was drowned with the cannon
              > strapped to his bootstraps AFTER they were cursed,
              > wouldn't he still be alive, as all of the pirates
              > still were, regardless of having been killed multiple
              > times?
              >

              > --
            • Cuthbert
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
                Noooooooooo

                The answer is so obvious.
                He went to the bottom of the ocean, and then, simply untied himself,
                and WALKED AWAY!

                took off for the new country, where he ran rampant over the country
                side, robbing at will, enjoying himself as much as he could.

                I mean, would you go back to Barbosa?

                Face it, Bill was livin it up in style with the lovely ladies while
                the pirates continued to wander about.

                and, being a true pirate, he let his son do the dirty work for him,
                while he sat back and took all the glory.

                Cuthbert

                --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Lord Carnage" <carnageofhavoc@y...>
                wrote:

                > Sounds plusable, except the monkey was cursed and he didn't spend
                any
                > of the gold and Jack was cursed just for holding a piece in his
                > hand. I wondered about this too, and figured poor old Bill was
                just
                > waiting in the depths and died the moment the curse was lifted.
                > Sucks to be him! Carnage.
                >
                > --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Norath Tovaar of Chaos"
                > <tovaar@c...> wrote:
                > > Actually they were NOT Cursed until they Spend the gold on
                personal
                > gain.
                > > When they tossed Bill overboard, was Just after the Gold was
                found
                > and
                > > divided up among the crew.
                > > The Curse did not come about until they began tossing the gold
                about
                > > frivolously.
                > >
                > > Well that is iatleast MY interpretation...
                > > NE one else got anything better?

                2/22/2005
              • Thomas DePortau
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
                  Bonjour Good (and Not So Good) Renfolk-

                  An even better question to ponder would be why did'nt Will or
                  Elizabeth turn into skeletons while in possession of the cursed
                  doubloon as Capn' Jack did when he and Barbossa fought in the cave.

                  Also, looks like "Bootstraps" will make an appearance in the
                  next "P.O.T.C." instalment "Dead Man's Chest" played by Stellan
                  Skarsgard.

                  Here's the Plot Summary : Once again thrown into the world of the
                  supernatural, Captain Jack Sparrow finds out that he owes a blood
                  debt to the legendary Davey Jones, Captain of the ghostly Flying
                  Dutchman. With time running out, Jack must find a way out of his
                  debt or else be doomed to eternal damnation and servitude in the
                  afterlife. And as if this weren't enough, the Captain's problems
                  manage to wreck the wedding plans of a certain Will Turner and
                  Elizabeth Swann, who are forced to join Jack on yet another
                  misadventure.

                  Even better, Here's the link to read about it :
                  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383574/

                  As Capn' jack himself said, "Drink up me hearyties yo ho"

                  Thomas DePortau
                  Musketeer and Yeoman of Scarborough Royal Guard

                  --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Cuthbert" <cuthbertofhw@c...>
                  wrote:

                  > Noooooooooo
                  >
                  > The answer is so obvious.
                  > He went to the bottom of the ocean, and then, simply untied
                  himself,
                  > and WALKED AWAY!
                  >
                  > took off for the new country, where he ran rampant over the
                  country
                  > side, robbing at will, enjoying himself as much as he could.
                  >
                  > I mean, would you go back to Barbosa?
                  >
                  > Face it, Bill was livin it up in style with the lovely ladies
                  while
                  > the pirates continued to wander about.
                  >
                  > and, being a true pirate, he let his son do the dirty work for
                  him,
                  > while he sat back and took all the glory.
                  >
                  > Cuthbert
                  >
                  > --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Lord Carnage"
                  <carnageofhavoc@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Sounds plusable, except the monkey was cursed and he didn't
                  spend
                  > any
                  > > of the gold and Jack was cursed just for holding a piece in his
                  > > hand. I wondered about this too, and figured poor old Bill was
                  > just
                  > > waiting in the depths and died the moment the curse was lifted.
                  > > Sucks to be him! Carnage.
                  > >
                  > > --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Norath Tovaar of Chaos"
                  > > <tovaar@c...> wrote:
                  > > > Actually they were NOT Cursed until they Spend the gold on
                  > personal
                  > > gain.
                  > > > When they tossed Bill overboard, was Just after the Gold was
                  > found
                  > > and
                  > > > divided up among the crew.
                  > > > The Curse did not come about until they began tossing the gold
                  > about
                  > > > frivolously.
                  > > >
                  > > > Well that is iatleast MY interpretation...
                  > > > NE one else got anything better?

                • Cuthbert
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4, 2005
                    Okay, nothing to ponder on why those who POSSESSED the coin didn't turn into the cursed.

                    The Curse was that whoever stole the coins from the chest were cursed.

                    The pirates had spent all that gold elsewhere. And, they had to go back, find each and every piece they had spent and get it back, so they could return that gold to the chest, along with their own "blood offering"

                    Will and Elizabeth never stole the coins from the chest, they simply possessed that which was stolen by others.

                    Jack. Now he stole a coin from the chest.

                    Bootstrap Bill simply untied himself and escaped. As long as he was on dry land when the curse was removed, he wouldn't have drowned at the bottom of the sea. Will gave the blood offering for Bootstap Bill, and removed that curse from him at that time.

                    MY question is:
                    Was the monkey mad when they cut him for the blood offering, and why did the stupid monkey take the coin the second time?

                    Cuthbert