Re: some thing to thank about People and the Tsumami

  • Suzy
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 1, 2005
      Just imagine if this earth wobbled on it's
      > axis just a bit longer than what it did. I almost don't want to
      > know the potential consequences, do you?
      >
      > -selena

      I know that I don't want to think about it !! LOL.

      > > Very well explained, Suzy - thank you. Sometimes it's hard for
      > some to remember that humans have their very own electrical
      systems,
      > and that any shift in the earth's magnetic field can have an
      effect
      > upon our electrical systems in the same way that running a magnet
      > too close to a PC can disrupt the PC's functionality.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > IndigoTea
      > > Lady SilverEyes
      > > FireWing in Transition
      > >
      >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Thanks. Exactly .. we are nothing but energy. One big mass of
      protons , electrons , neurons , atoms along with other elements such
      as acid , alkaline , oxygen , water , etc. etc. etc. (of course the
      list goes on and on).
      It is no wonder we are affected during any shifts of the planets.
      If we can be affected by Mars in retro , or affected by full moons,
      we are DEFINITELY going to be affected by our own Earth and anything
      SHE does.

      Agape,
      Rain Dove ^!^
    • Suzy
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 1, 2005
        --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Timothy Guerinot <timkid628@y...>
        wrote:
        > You guys are really sad. If you buy into such non sense such as
        magnets can heal you really need to stop the idiocy or at the very
        least spell TSUNAMI correctly. Reflexology, magnetic healing and
        other BS really need to cease the propaganda. Go rubb a magnet on
        your arm and make believe you feel good.

        > A shift in the magnetic axis has no place in our emotions.

        Dear Tim ,

        You are more than welcome to your opinion. But your opinion does
        not apply to everyone. And , ours does not apply to everyone either.
        We all have our own beliefs. If you choose not to believe anything
        we have explained or said, that is fine. But it certainly isn't
        your place to tell us we are wrong or that what we are saying is
        wrong. And , it was not your place to say that Pegasus had played
        too much D&D , either.

        Oh and BTW ... who spelled Tsunami wrong ?

        Rain Dove ^!^
      • Selena
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 1, 2005
          Nice attack-- bravo, Tim. Did someone touch a sore spot for you?
          Why such the cynical reply? As I even said, I personally may or may
          not necessarily agree with *everything* that was said, but you must
          admit, some of what was mentioned may carry some merit for some
          people.

          -selena

          >> Timothy Guerinot <timkid628@y...> wrote:
          > You guys are really sad. If you buy into such non sense such as
          magnets can heal you really need to stop the idiocy or at the very
          least spell TSUNAMI correctly. Reflexology, magnetic healing and
          other BS really need to cease the propaganda. Go rubb a magnet on
          your arm and make believe you feel good.

          > A shift in the magnetic axis has no place in our emotions.
        • Wilma the Woodchuck
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 1, 2005
            Hey Tim, I think I heard your home planet calling you.

            WW

          • Neraksnikl@aol.com
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 2, 2005
              In a message dated 1/1/2005 7:51:52 AM Central Standard Time, timkid628@... writes:
              Go rubb a magnet on
              your arm and make believe you feel good.
              uh Tim..RUBB??  I'm sure RUB is what you meant, huh? dang finger stutters, I suffer from that all the time..LOL..
              This is not a "belief" per say, it's scientific fact that the Earth has a magnetic field and all that it involves. Look it up sugar. There are plenty of books or reference materials available online or, even in a library where you can do some research and enlighten yourself.
              Good luck in learning about where you live.

              "Lady" Karen of the Blue Dragon
              DRNKNGNM11
              Gnaughty Gnomie

              unning over the mini-mall parking lot, clutching a studded crowbar, cometh Lady Karen! And she gives a bloodthirsty howl:

              "I'm going to clobber you so hard, your blood will flow counterclockwise!"

              Mad Monk's Wench (he's Mike, Gnarly Gnome # 187)

              Strangeheart Fan Club member #00065
              Mike is #00066

              "WOMEN WHO BEHAVE RARELY MAKE HISTORY
              ...a smile is the gentle curved line that sets a lot of things straight
              "Only YOU can pervert forest fairies,"
              "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham
              "It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues." -- Abraham Lincoln

              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW... what a Ride!

              "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." --Thomas Edison
            • Timothy Guerinot
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 3, 2005
                I've seen too many people BUY in to the rhetoric.  Feel good solutions and charlaton rubbish attack people in pain, need or despair.  People prey on the desparate and take advantage of them.  If it takes being vocal or crass then so be it.  If you want to talk about something that does help the body I'm all for it.  There's really no quick feel good or cure.  A stone or magnet will not increase your healing time.  An ice pack or rest are about all that work.  I've torn hamstrings, calf muscles, ligaments and dislocated limbs by playing a sport at pretty high level and the only a few things really HELP!

                Examples:
                Rest #1
                Ice #2
                More REST#3
                More Ice #4

                stretching
                Weights (go ask your qualified physician)
                Diet!

                Sorry if I insulted some people.
                Tim

                Selena <austinrengirl@...> wrote:

                Nice attack-- bravo, Tim.  Did someone touch a sore spot for you?
                Why such the cynical reply?  As I even said, I personally may or may
                not necessarily agree with *everything* that was said, but you must
                admit, some of what was mentioned may carry some merit for some
                people.

                -selena

                >> Timothy Guerinot <timkid628@y...> wrote:
                > You guys are really sad.  If you buy into such non sense such as
                magnets can heal you really need to stop the idiocy or at the very
                least spell TSUNAMI correctly.  Reflexology, magnetic healing and
                other BS really need to cease the propaganda.  Go rubb a magnet on
                your arm and make believe you feel good.

                > A shift in the magnetic axis has no place in our emotions.

                Do you Yahoo!?
                The all-new My Yahoo! � Get yours free!

              • Beth Br
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 3, 2005
                  You may have your opinions on what really helps,
                  while others have theirs. Some treatments may
                  not be explanable, but there is evidence they do
                  work.

                  For example, my sister is a physician and she did
                  a rotation in China studying Eastern medicine
                  (acupuncture, cupping, seeds, herbs, etc.). I
                  asked her if she thought it really worked and her
                  answer was:

                  I saw people walk into the clinic hunched over in
                  pain, and walk out with a bounce in their step.
                  There is no scientific evidence in Western
                  medicine that this should work; however, how can
                  you tell someone who feels better that there is
                  no scientific reason this treatment helped? They
                  don't care... it helped.

                  Beth

                • ladyglenna52@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                    wrote:
                    > You guys are really sad.  If you buy into such non sense such as
                    magnets can heal you really need to stop the idiocy or at the very
                    least spell TSUNAMI correctly.  Reflexology, magnetic healing and
                    other BS really need to cease the propaganda.  Go rubb a magnet on
                    your arm and make believe you feel good.

                    > A shift in the magnetic axis has no place in our emotions.

                         Sorry to be wading in on this so late....but family problems have kept me off line alot.

                    Timothy...i am sorry that this  ' nonsense'  does not work for you.  i never belived in the stuff before...but have found that some of the old folk cures DO work for me.
                      I started having myself cupped for lower back pain....and damn if it don't work !!!  And i went in thinking...." mmmm this won't work....but it is worth a shot."...so it is not a matter of my mind making me THINK it is helping.
                      Mmmm...maybe i was a old Japanese person in a earlier life??   LOL

                    Lady Glenna Elf
                  • Selena
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                      >> I've seen too many people BUY in to the rhetoric. Feel good
                      solutions and charlaton rubbish attack people in pain, need or
                      despair. People prey on the desparate and take advantage of them.

                      Yes, well, you can take that approach with MANY things in life.
                      Politics, homeowners insurance, car salesmen, religion. Can anyone
                      say "Waco and David Koresh"... "Jim Jones"?

                      >> If it takes being vocal or crass then so be it.

                      Why? You get more bites with honey rather than battery acid. Being
                      crass just makes you look bitter and diminishes your credibility.

                      >> Sorry if I insulted some people.

                      No insult to me personally, but I think the others who felt this way
                      appreciate the apology.

                      -selena
                    • Selena
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                        Someone... please.... What is "cupping"? I'm not familiar with this
                        term.

                        -selena

                        > I started having myself cupped for lower back pain....and damn
                        if it don't
                        > work !!!
                      • Crystal
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                          I could be wrong here, but I believe cupping is where they take like a hot cup and they suction it onto your body, and it pulls inpurities or pain from your body... it leaves circular marks on your body (like hickies) from the suction too.. A lot of movie stars get it done like Gwyneth Paltrow...

                          Crys

                          Selena <austinrengirl@...> wrote:

                          Someone... please.... What is "cupping"?  I'm not familiar with this
                          term.

                          -selena

                          >   I started having myself cupped for lower  back pain....and damn
                          if it don't
                          > work !!!

                        • Beth Br
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                            Stolen directly from the internet:

                            These are what the cups look like:

                            http://www.bluemoonhealth.com/cupping.htm

                            This is what it does:

                            http://www.aworldofacupuncture.com/acupuncture-cupping.htm

                            Alternative Therapies
                            Cupping

                            Cupping is a technique that is especially useful
                            in the treatment of problems of local qi, or
                            blood stagnation in the channels, and is usually
                            performed as an alternative to acupuncture.

                            The cups that are used are generally of rounded
                            glass construction. The cups are warmed via a
                            burning taper, held for a very short period of
                            time inside the cup. The cup is then quickly
                            placed over the selected area.

                            Due to the candle flame, all of the oxygen in the
                            cup has been removed and when placed open side
                            down, a vacuum is created, which anchors the cup
                            to the skin and pulls the skin upward on the
                            inside of the glass.

                            The resulting pressure encourages the flow of qi
                            and blood in the area beneath the cup, and the
                            local stagnation begins to clear.

                            It is imperative that this method only be
                            performed by licensed practitioners, and even
                            when performed correctly, can result in marking
                            (non permanent) and bruises.

                            Hope this helps.

                            Beth

                            --- Selena <austinrengirl@...> wrote:

                            > Someone... please.... What is "cupping"? I'm
                            > not familiar with this
                            > term.
                            >
                            > -selena
                            >
                            > > I started having myself cupped for lower
                            > back pain....and damn
                            > if it don't
                            > > work !!!

                          • Selena
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                              Cool-- Thanks yall. I figured someone on this list would know!

                              -s

                              > http://www.aworldofacupuncture.com/acupuncture-cupping.htm
                              >
                              > Alternative Therapies
                            • reddogdamnit2
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                                My Brother Timothy, before one so casually passes judgment, it's a
                                good rule to step back and ponder.

                                I've spent a little more time around the female of our species than
                                you(don't even think about it, I'm old enough to be your Father) and
                                I assure you the phase of the moon affects them (Ladies, it affects
                                us too, it's just easier for me to notice it in you )Or to quote
                                Willie, "Phases and stages" It affects my sleep cycle as well. More
                                now that we live out of the city than before, hhmmm?

                                And does the word lunatic ring a bell?

                                Magnetic waves don't affect us? Come now, you are aware of solar
                                flares and sunspots, plays havoc with our radio reception. Why?
                                Electromagnetic energy. Similar to the electric activity in our very
                                own brains.

                                Why did the elephants and other animals go inland? They knew it was
                                coming. Why? A little more sensitive to it then we advanced animals.

                                Now we come to the hard part. "... charlaton rubbish attack people in
                                pain, need or despair. People prey on the desparate and take
                                advantage of them." I take it you don't know Pegasus. While your
                                statement is true of the likes of Hinn, Tilton, Swaggert et al,
                                believe as he does or not, that's not Don. I've worked shoulder to
                                shoulder with him, helping others with no compenstation other than
                                the helping of others. I know Frankentruck, hardly the vehicle of a
                                charlaton preying on the helpless. He's a good man, not perfect, but
                                then are any of us?

                                If it's the simpler ways that confuse you, remember where aspirin
                                came from ... tree bark.

                                Peace!
                              • Jessica D
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005

                                  Ok guys, sorry I have been out of the loop for a while, had a rough end of year.....Lost my Nana and a bunch of other stuff went down......Anyway, a lot of you know me from out at TRF....I used to work at Indulgences, and for 2 weekends this last year i worked the cigar cart in front of the Sea Devil......Anyway, i just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year and also let anyone know that's in the Houston area i'll be in Houston Sat night celebrating my B-Day.....yea, i'm getting old....So anyone who's ever heard of Houston City Limits off 45 is welcome to come and join and have a great time........we'll be in the karaoke bar and YES there will be some ren faire people in the crowd.......for more info. drop me a line......everyone take care.......laterz....

                                  CelticAngel

                                • replicant
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                                    . : Someone... please.... What is "cupping"? I'm not familiar with this
                                    . : term.

                                    is it a grandious form of "spooing" ?

                                    ;-)

                                    ------------------------------------- -- - -
                                    glenn
                                    http://www.rensites.com
                                    http://www.dallaslamers.org

                                    "And angel fat at
                                    Satan's feast
                                    Where falsehood, childhood
                                    And loneliness ceased"

                                    #define WHO 1

                                    int main(void)
                                    {
                                    printf("%d r0x0rs!!!\n", WHO);
                                    }
                                  • replicant
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                                      . : . : Someone... please.... What is "cupping"? I'm not familiar with this
                                      . : . : term.
                                      . :
                                      . : is it a grandious form of "spooing" ?

                                      er, that's "spooning" .. heh

                                      ------------------------------------- -- - -
                                      glenn
                                      http://www.rensites.com
                                      http://www.dallaslamers.org

                                      "And angel fat at
                                      Satan's feast
                                      Where falsehood, childhood
                                      And loneliness ceased"

                                      #define WHO 1

                                      int main(void)
                                      {
                                      printf("%d r0x0rs!!!\n", WHO);
                                      }
                                    • reddogdamnit2
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                                        Spoo,the other blue meat.

                                      • Neraksnikl@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                                        • Neraksnikl@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                                          • Arie
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jan 4, 2005
                                              When I was a kid, my mother used this method, using a small glass put into boiling water for a couple of minutes, to remove boils.  Works almost instantly, and only one treatment was needed.  Just need to keep the hole cleaned out for a couple of days.

                                              Arie