Update: The Renaissance Symposium 2005

  • Bill R. Watters
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2004

      Well the time’s getting closer, and the class schedule should be finalized and in place by early next week (if not over the weekend). The class listing is nearly final – with a few more classes yet to be added – and can be seen at http://www.renaissance-web.net/conference/classes.asp  We will be extending until next Saturday (the 8th) the pre-registration deadline (we wanted to get the schedule of classes up 1st)

      Information on the Friday night reception and the Saturday night gala will also be up presently. DEMAS will be hosting a rapier tournament on Saturday evening, with details available at http://www.renaissance-web.net/conference/rapier.asp

      In all, the event is a crossroads, bringing together individuals from events ranging from school benefits to large multi-month corporate faires; be your interest in historical information, improv and street theater, period dance, song, and language, character creation and development, faire and troupe management, street acts, or an introduction to faires for people who are looking at becoming involved for the first time. People will be coming in from around the country – from cast and guild faires alike, and this continues to be the venue to share ideas and information for individuals involved with the Renaissance Faire community.

      This event is geared towards performers for faires – from people who are getting ready for their first time to those with decades of experience under their belts. It also has elements for faire producers and especially entertainment directors to come together and share their experiences, problems, and ideas.

      If you’d like further information, feel free to drop us an email, or check out our website. If anyone has any requests for classes, please feel free to send those along as well, as we’re always open to hearing what else might be of interest.

      Happy New Years!

      Bill Watters

      Renaissance Productions

      Producers of the Renaissance Symposium & The Golden Gate Renaissance Faire

      Event producers & Guild/Troupe/Act directors, check out our online event registration system, a free one stop location for handling all your gatelist/application/group listing needs along the West Coast. http://www.renaissance-web.net/guilds