Re: trf pics are up

  • Cuthbert
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 4, 2004
      Busted out the back lights? I know there have been others here who
      in the past have "Boasted and Bragged" about sabatoging others
      generators because they were being run in the campground.

      Still, why do folks feel the need play the coward and destroy and run
      instead of having the courage to politely knock on somebody's door.
      Even then, why are those who have RV's and generator's made to feel
      like outcasts? Everybody at faire does not have a lot of money, and
      even those who are a little better off still don't need the
      aggravation of having their propery destroyed because of somebody
      else's opinions.

      So, lets see if this "midnight vigilante" has the courage to stand up
      and say that they attacked the land dragon in the middle of the night
      and cowardly ran away, and their reason for this bold attack.

      And, in case you are curious, it wasn't my RV, I wasn't there, and
      when I will be there, I'll be in a tent. But, then again, how can I
      recommend to my friends to camp out with me in the "safe" camping
      grounds at TRF when Midnight vililante's are busting out tail lights
      or other acts of vandalism and others looking for fights.

      I thought faire was all about fun, and being together with our
      friends and families. When I am there, fun times with these groups
      will be all I am after.

      Comments and flames are welcome.
      I took my stand on the soapbox, and I'll stay up here while taunts or
      other comments are tossed my way.

      Cuthbert

      --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Crystal" <crystallynthegreat@y...>
      wrote:

      > Well, I had a blast out at the camp ground this weekend, of course,
      > the poor people camping close to me in their RV didn't have fun
      when
      > their back light was busted out by some prick who had nothing else
      > do other than destroy somebody's property!
    • Crystal
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 4, 2004
        Yes, it was the back left turn signal light.. it had been hit so hard
        that the metal inside was completely bent and it woke them up in the
        middle of the night.. when they went out, the culprits were gone.

        But, the blinker will have to be completely replaced and re-wired (I
        believe).

        I like sleeping by the RV's... They block out other noise and help me
        sleep better.

        Crystal

        --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Cuthbert" <Wolfman34a@y...> wrote:

        > Busted out the back lights? I know there have been others here who
        > in the past have "Boasted and Bragged" about sabatoging others
        > generators because they were being run in the campground.

      • Tina
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 4, 2004
          Well I for one appreciate your comments. I have a travel trailer and
          a generator. I spent the money I did on my generator so that I would
          not have people upset with me for that reason. I think if you ask
          anyone who came over this weekend they will tell you that we had the
          quitest generator out there. Most of the time people didn't even
          know it was running. But I can understand how annoying it can be
          when the generators are noisey. I think that is why Tazz tried his
          hardest to get those of us with generators to camp together. I don't
          think we will ever be able to accomadate everyone's desires at camp
          but I agree that knocking on someone's door and asking them if they
          could cut it off for a while shows a lot more courage and respect
          for others than pulling a stunt like busting out someone's lights.
          I work hard for the things I do have and hope that people can
          respect that..

          Tinabug

        • dejavuetx2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 4, 2004
            I just want to say that personally this opening weekend was one of the best weekends that I have ever enjoyed at faire. There is always some negative in such a large gathering, there is always one jerk in every crowd, but thankfully none crossed my path. There were many priceless moments, such as the look on a young boys face when with his mothers permission he was allowed to hold Lord Hightowers axe for a picture. And then there was the happiness of an entire deaf family who got the wenching of their lives!  In return they taught us how to say "I love you in sign language.  I camped on row one where the loki and laughter flowed freely and never once did I hear any drama, though I heard of some occuring. I enjoyed every moment of this weekend and thank all of you who made it special. I just wanted for those friends of ours who didnt get to make it this weekend to hear some of the positive instead of all negative and let you know you were missed and hope to see you there another weekend!

            Lady Gayelyn MacComyn
            Calamity Adams
            Powder Monkey aboard the Black Pearl
            Poseidon's Plaything
            Squire to Head Wench Onyx Blackheart of Queen Pandemoniums Amazons
            Future squire to Lord Hightower of Chaos

            Favorite quote:
            "After I get through with you..you'll be nothing but a puddle!"
          • Happy Happy Joy Joy
            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 4, 2004
              I'm all for not stepping on other peoples experience of faire. I
              HATE it when people try to intrude on mine. But the whole "fight to
              first blood" thing seemd DANGEROUS, illegal, and highly immature.
              There are better ways to deal with disagreements that DONT run the
              chance of someone getting scared or...you know...dead. Other than
              that.....to be honest....its not the swords you really have to worry
              about. Its the drunkin ren necks with empty bottles. Talk about
              self defence.....since I was personally held against a fence by
              three drunkin ren necks I carry an ICE PICK with me for my safty.
              It has NO other purpose. And now that I have small
              children.....yeah, I watch out for their safty too. Been a part of
              faire too long to underestamte the dangers to women in the dark. As
              for drugs. They are illegal, and I have kids, so when I come across
              someone doing something I dont want to be around.....I LEAVE. Try
              it. It really works wonders. That way...not only are you NOT
              getting in the middle of something you want nothing to do with, you
              are spending your time doing something you enjoy, and will have
              wonderful memories of. I couldnt go to drum circel this year, cause
              I wanted to avoid personal drama. And as much as I missed fire
              circle, thats the price we pay to insure a good time.
              Remember....we go to faire to have fun. Only go if you enjoy it.

              Joy

              --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Robert Munro <robert@s...> wrote:
              > While there are some good points, I think it is alittle
              unreasonable to
              > think that swords should be banned from faire all together...
              First of
              > all, nobility or not, swords were apart of the time and are much
              more
              > tasteful a weapon in my opinion than any sort of fire-arm.
              >
              > As to why people carry swords around the camp grounds? I carry
              mine
              > (which is an actual real functioning sword made for cutting
              excersizes)
              > for my own safety... I figure it is better than carrying around my
              > shotgun or 9-mm.... I have had my fill of waking up at 4 in the
              morning
              > and having some drunkard, junkie or just plain jerk harassing me
              on my
              > way to the privies and that will usually keep them out of your
              way.....
              > If it does not, then I draw it and take my chances with both them
              and
              > the law.
              >
              > Keep in mind with this that both my wife and 2 children camp with
              me,
              > so I tend to want to make sure they are safe.
              >
              > Connor "Grizzly" Munro of Clanna MacPolk
              > Senior Corporal and Drum Major of the Drum Corps
              > Official Kilt Maker to the Fencibles
              > Webmaster at Large, Fencibles Website
              > http://www.scottishfencibles.org
              > Scotchmaster 4th Degree
              > Haggismaster 2nd Degree
              > Drunken Scot #6
            • Happy Happy Joy Joy
              Message 6 of 24 , Oct 4, 2004
                IT WASNT ME THIS YEAR!!! giggle I SWEAR!!! Hell....I wasnt even
                married again (divorce is SUCH a beautiful word!!!) till Sunday
                night so it COULDNT have been ME!!!! giggle.

                Joy

                --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "reddogdamnit2" <davidj@s...> wrote:

                > The obligatory marital squabble. Oh Joy! I thought they always
                camped
                > by us.
                >

                > And, yeah, the drama
                > > of couples fighting next to the tent at 8am really sucked...
                > waking
                > > up to the gentle sound of "you f'ing whore!!! you can walk your
                > sorry
                > > a$$ home today" wasn't a nice cup-o-tea... but, nonetheless...
                > > still had a blast!

              • Arie
                Message 7 of 24 , Oct 4, 2004
                  Busted up some body else's gear, just because they didn't like what is incorporated with a crowd of over 5,000 people, SUCH LITTLE CHILDREN.  They have no right to be part of the rennie scene.

                  My new renn home will cost me for the next 6 years.  If I catch somebody doing malicious damage to mine, or some one else property, I will chase them down (and also make enough noise while I am doing it for other "property" owners to hear, who have the proper weapons).  Upon capture, what is left will turned over to the camp police!

                  We need to help each other watch out for these kind of people.  Many of us have invested a lot of money into what we have and use at fair and camp (and for some, even a decent tent is a major investment of their money), so watch out for everyone.

                  Arie
                  "Everybody at faire does not have a lot of money, and
                  even those who are a little better off still don't need the
                  aggravation of having their propery destroyed because of somebody
                  else's opinions."

                • Norath Tovaar of Chaos
                  Message 8 of 24 , Oct 4, 2004
                    I have not posted on this grgoup in a while...
                    But this posting caught my attention, as it has come up prior to this...

                    > Busted out the back lights?  I know there have been others here who
                    > in the past have "Boasted and Bragged" about sabatoging
                    > others generators because they were being run in the campground.

                    The paragraph above is what caught my attention. I think I know where
                    this came from, and I have explained it before, and appearantly I sit here
                    again doing this now.

                    Ladies and Gentlemen, I have been accused of being the one who
                    "Boasted and Bragged" about the sabotage. What was ACTUALLY the
                    Case was I had relayed the story as It was relayed to me. It was a tale
                    that(as it was conveyed to me) was construed to involve wild animals
                    playin havoc on unsuspecting person(s) who placed their generators 150
                    feet from their campsite, yet less than 5 feet from some one's tent. When
                    this person was asked to move or shut the machinery off late at night,
                    this person was rude and hostile to the person making the request.

                    > Still, why do folks feel the need play the coward and destroy and run
                    > instead of having the courage to politely knock on somebody's
                    > door.  Even then, why are those who have RV's and generator's made
                    > to feel like outcasts?  Everybody at faire does not have a lot of
                    > money, and even those who are a little better off still don't need the
                    > aggravation of having their propery destroyed because of somebody
                    > else's opinions.

                    This I have no comment on, except to say that I agree that if you feel
                    froggy enough to jump, you should atleast admit to what you do.

                    > So, lets see if this "midnight vigilante" has the courage to
                    > stand up and say that they attacked the land dragon in the middle of
                    > the night and cowardly ran away, and their reason for this bold attack.
                    >
                    > And, in case you are curious, it wasn't my RV, I wasn't there, and when
                    > I will be there, I'll be in a tent.   But, then again, how can
                    > I recommend to my friends to camp out with me in the "safe"
                    > camping grounds at TRF when Midnight vililante's are busting out tail
                    > lights or other acts of vandalism and others looking for fights.
                    >
                    > I thought faire was all about fun, and being together with our
                    > friends and families.   When I am there, fun times with these
                    > groups  will be all I am after.
                    >
                    > Comments and flames are welcome.
                    > I took my stand on the soapbox, and I'll stay up here while taunts or
                    > other comments are tossed my way.
                    >
                    > Cuthbert

                    I will not flame, but I will comment further.

                    I have no problem with people who choose to camp in R.V.s. Absolutely
                    none at all, with the people who choose to do so. All I ask is that we
                    all show concideration to others feelings while camping in large groups.
                    Yes, those who camp with out such amenities try to be couteous to those
                    who campt with more of the modern conveniences. And those who do use
                    Generators, or other noisy appliances, think about where you stash them.
                    with in 25 to 30 feet of some one else's sleeping accomodations is
                    insensitive, and crass, in my honest opinion.

                    If there are those who care to have me relay the above mentiond tale, let
                    me know. Those who do not use the related equipment, may find abit of
                    humor in it, though I do admit that I can see where it would cause
                    aprehension to those who do.

                    Norath Tovaar of Chaos.
                    NOT the Sabotager of devices!
                  • tazz Capt.of the Guard
                    Message 9 of 24 , Oct 5, 2004
                      Midnight vililante's
                       the vililante was cought and was handed over to charlie ( the chief of police ) and was given a ride in to town that is all i can say about the subject

                      there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the worldlike blue mantles beneath the stars , with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery,and chivalry, with its shadow-guarded tombs, whose riders wore steel and silk and gold.But the proudest kingdom of the world was Caerleon, reigning supreme in the dreaming west and the devil came forth, dark-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the earth under his booted feet

                      Capt. of the  Guard of Caerleon
                      Camp Architect
                      extreamly bad dancer in the kilt of doom