Texas Renaissance Festival Audition Information

  • Sir Roebuck Blackthorn, the Basic
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2004
      First an appology to all.. this is crossposted and
      blurted out there... BUT WITH PURPOSE!... we are
      looking for people who have never acted or have
      limited acting abilities, those seasoned professionals
      looking for a break, or those waiting to burst out of
      their shells! The information below has been provided
      as part of our outreach program to get more people
      involved in the WORLDS LARGEST RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL in
      a professional •this means PAID!!!• level and truly
      make this faire your faire and the best damn time in
      the world for you and those who are experiencing it
      for the first time.... if there are any objections to
      this crosspost, please direct them back to me and not
      the TRF management. Thank you, Sir Basic, Sound
      Director, TRF Production Company.

      Texas Renaissance Festival Audition Information
      •2004 Audition Dates: May 1 & 8
      •All auditions will be held at the FESTIVAL SITE
      •All Postions are Paid

      Audition Schedual:
      Morning Session -
      • Check in 8:30 - 9:00 (EVERYONE must check-in during
      this time)
      • Specialty Acts Audition 9:00 - 9:30
      • Characters Audition 9:30 - 12:00
      Afternoon Session -
      • Check in 12:30 - 1:00 (EVERYONE must check-in during
      this time)
      • Speciality Acts Audition 1:00 - 1:30
      • Character sudition 1:30 - 1:50

      ANYONE LATE FOR CHECK-IN WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO
      AUDITION!!!
      AUDITION TIME COMMITMENT - Speciality Acts 1 1/2 hours
      Character Actors - 3 hours

      GENERAL INFORMATION:
      Speciality acts can be groups or individuals who
      perform music, magic, juggling, storytelling, dance,
      ect. Each act will have 10 minuites max! to showcase
      their talent. Content is up to performers, costumes,
      and props incouraged!!!!

      Performance Company Character Actors will be
      auditioned in a workshop format featuring
      improvisational exercises. Photo, resume, and
      prepared audition pieces are appreciated, but not
      required. Monologues should be of the period and no
      longer than two minutes. Songs must be performed a
      cappella. Movement oriented clothing is recomended.
      No costumes please.

      Check-in will take place at the Entertainment Building
      behind the Globe Stage. Enter at the main Festival
      entrance and follow signs. Park across from the
      Entertainment Building. dressing Space will be
      available.

      Auditions will be conducted by the Festival
      Entertainment Director, Jeff Baldwin.

      To make an appointment call Jeff Baldwin (800)
      458-3435 Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 11:30am, &
      12:30pm - 5:00pm

      Thank you for your interest, and please take a look at
      all of the other yahoo groups that pertain to
      renfaires, share this information with them if I have
      missed any above in my origional crosspost. We don't
      exist with out you and your wonderful imagination!