Re: Scarborough Faire---The Renaissance Festival

  • Selena
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003
      Uhhh, Bast-- take a look at this... we are on here...
      -s
    • Lanza Teague
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003
        Hey all!

        I am having my first houseguests this weekend at my new home in Magnolia - Wahoo!!

        Since I moved here, I haven't taken much time to explore and am not properly versed on things to do and see in the area. I would would like to provide some activities/attractions for my houseguests to do while they're here so I am open to any suggestions.

        Larwyn and I are taking the guests up to Huntsville State Park for a morning of canoeing on Friday, but I'm kind of at a loss for other things to do in the area.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Is the fruit picking on the TRF property worth a try? Any decent eateries?

        Thanks a bunch,
        Lanza

      • vamptasia
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003

          Not sure about the Kings groves but in huntsville itself go up to the square and check out the cabin on the strand.  My mom and several of her friends run it.  Mom started the landscaping around and what not.  They have lots of nice items for sale taht are home made.

          Then going to the museum over their is really nice to.  Mind you I have not been their in ages but it was real cool last time I was.  You can see old furniture and clothing of Sam houstons time and what not.  The Museaum grounds is real nice too gazebos adn a pond with swans and ducks.

          There is always the big statue of Sam houston and the gift shop there.

          I haven't been yet but last time I went to see my mom they have a prison museum off the 118 exit off 45 near the DPS office look for the little building with the small cute guard station.

          Hope this gives you some Ideas since you will bee up in the area.

          Huggles,
          Vamptasia  Aka Robbin
          Mistress of the Erotic Darkness
          Giggle Goat of the Goat Clan
          Vampiress of Nightbreed of Midian
          The Wolfpack chef extraordinaire

        • Marsali@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003
            Ah.. things to do in and around big ol' Magnolia, Texas. ::laugh:: There isn't much within the city itself - my folks have lived there for ten years and I lived just down the road a ways in Cypress so trust me, I know how dull the place can be. :)

                Lake Conroe is always alot of fun. They have the paddleboat you can cruise around on or you can rent a boat and spend the day crusing the lake.

               Old Town Spring is nice to visit - lots of antique shops, specialty stores, restaraunts, etc.

                 Belive it or not, Tomball has a really nice antique section there off 2920 if you want to do something that's close-by.

                  Have fun!

                 ~ Cider ~
          • James Huckabay
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003
              If you come to Old Town Spring, you can go see Pat at the shop where
              she works - Tranquil Thymes.

              TK

              --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Marsali@a... wrote:
              > Ah.. things to do in and around big ol' Magnolia, Texas. ::laugh::
              There
              > isn't much within the city itself - my folks have lived there for
              ten years and I
              > lived just down the road a ways in Cypress so trust me, I know how
              dull the
              > place can be. :)
              >
              > Lake Conroe is always alot of fun. They have the paddleboat you
              can
              > cruise around on or you can rent a boat and spend the day crusing
              the lake.

              > Old Town Spring is nice to visit - lots of antique shops,
              specialty
              > stores, restaraunts, etc.
              >
              > Belive it or not, Tomball has a really nice antique section
              there off
              > 2920 if you want to do something that's close-by.
              >
              > Have fun!
              >
              > ~ Cider ~
            • Lady Alla Xula
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003
                canoeing in Huntsville State Park is cool.. i know the huntsville mostly
                than magnolia. i grew up there. anywho, shananagins where the old walmart
                used to be, its a mixed club, rap music in one section and country and rock
                in another, $3-5 cover charge and its 18+. have fun with what you decide

              • Lanza Teague
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 2, 2003
                  Vamptasia, Tavern Knight, Cider and Lady Alla (I hope I got everyone),

                  Thanks so much for your advice!  They are all really good suggestions.  I'll put them to the group and see what everyone wants to do.  I'm leaning to the Huntsville, Old Town Spring and Antiquing angles.

                  Again, thanks so much!  You have no idea what a big help this is.

                  -Lanza