Chat Online with us!

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      Hey all.

      You know me, always coming up with neato ideas on how to make the
      internet even more fun for us rennies. Well, here's the latest. I've
      decided to host a server that will allow us to speak to one another
      over the internet via a microphone and speakers (or headset with
      mic). If you have these capabilites, and hopefully a broadband
      internet connection, I think you'll find this fun to be able to hold
      chats with other chaos members and friends. The server is very user
      friendly and will even allow chat-rooms with topics, and password
      protected rooms. Even folks with slower 56k bandwidth (dial-up)
      should be able to connect without a problem. In anycase, to connect,
      you'll need to download the client program. You can obtain it from my
      site with the following link:

      http://www.darksidekaraoke.com/ts2_client_rc2_2029.exe

      Simply download and install. It's called "Team Speak". Once
      installed, open it, and then choose Connection at the top left, then
      in the sub-menu, choose "quick connect". A small box will appear. For
      the server name, input darksidekaraoke.com. For the Nickname, use a
      name you want to go by. You can leave Login Name and Password blank,
      they are not needed. Then, simply hit "connect". You will then be
      connected! You should see some chatrooms listed. Choose the one you
      wish to talk in, and double click it's name. You'll then join the
      channel. To set up your audio options, go under Settings. When you
      talk in the mic, the color next to your name should light up. This
      means others can hear you.

      All in all, this would be a great place to hold online meetings, for
      members to save thier money via using the phone, etc. I think it will
      also be fun! Feel free to let me know your input. I hope you enjoy
      this. Thanks!

      Zivilyn
      http://www.renpics.com