Re: [Renfolks] silly question....Wha't a wench?

  • vamptasia
    Message 1 of 23 , May 1, 2003
      I currently wear a pendragon I got from a friend, a black skirt, brown or white skirt I made, a dagger another friend gave me, a belt given by yet another rennie friend,  A horn I picked up from TRF for $15 or $20 I can't remember real nice though.  A pouch the friend that gave me the pendragon gave me.  She gave me some chamies too and depending on your size I'm sure I have 1 or 2 I can give up *evil grin*  Oh and my flogger A friend rennie friend made for me out of some 8 oz leather I picked up off ebay.  I find alot of good deals on ebay.  I got bells for $3:50 from excal and a fox tail for $5 bucks off ebay.  I don't buy everything at once this was all aquired over the past year and a half of making ren friends and attending faire.  I'm a big girl but I think I have one bodice I can give up if your near my size.  I'll have to check my garb container.  I have fabric gallor I can always whip something up after I get through with my wedding gear so hand in there aquire slowly and soon you will have the perfect Rennie garbdrobe to keep you buisy for days figuring out what your gonna wear next giggles.

      Pouches are easy to make or cheap to purchase on ebay.  Belts can be acquired for $15 on ebay.  Just type in SCA renaissance belt.  Also their are several seamstresses that will do bodice/skirt sets for about 30 bucks on ebay at times.  This will at least be an inexpensive way to acquire some variety.

      Before you know it you will know us all giggles.  Oh and where are you located exactly?

      Huggles,

      Take care, Live Safe, Play in the Shadows, and Search the Night for the Wondering Fire Fairies.

      Vamptasia  AKA Robbin
      Mistress of the Erotic Darkness
      Giggle Goat of the Goat Clan
      Nightbreed of Midian
      The Wolfpack chef extraordinaire
      http://www.vamptasia.com
    • Dora Reyes
      Message 2 of 23 , May 1, 2003
        I guess I need to look at Ebay my problem is that i am not working right now because I am in school at ITT Tech and don't have a sitter for all day...
        And I would be indebted to you in any help you could give...
        I live in Irving but am constantly in Richardson...

        vamptasia <vamptasia@...> wrote:
[...]

        "the greatest thing to learn is to love, and be loved back."

      • austinrengirl
        Message 3 of 23 , May 1, 2003
          Hey Dora,
          If your picture on your profile serves me correct, you will be one
          HELL of a wench. If you are interested in the International Wenches
          Guild, go to www.wench.org for more info. I am a member of the IWG
          and there are several other ladies on this group that are members as
          well. As far as your garb, go cheap for now and upgrade to more
          expensive clothing if you decide to do this long-term. I have been
          going to faire for over 20 years and have collected quite a bunch of
          faire garb. Take a look at pictures from faire & that may give you
          some ideas on what you want. Rengeek has the best site with a bunch
          of pix of faire.... http://www.pbase.com/rengeek

          Have fun with your search!

          -selena
        • Dora Reyes
          Message 4 of 23 , May 1, 2003
            The picture is me and with the right ppl that isn't even the half of it....And yes I would be interested Thank you for the link...

            austinrengirl <austinrengirl@...> wrote:
            Hey Dora,
            If your picture on your profile serves me correct, you will be one
            HELL of a wench.  If you are interested in the International Wenches
            Guild, go to www.wench.org for more info.  I am a member of the IWG
            and there are several other ladies on this group that are members as
            well.  As far as your garb, go cheap for now and upgrade to more
            expensive clothing if you decide to do this long-term.  I have been
            going to faire for over 20 years and have collected quite a bunch of
            faire garb. Take a look at pictures from faire & that may give you
            some ideas on what you want.  Rengeek has the best site with a bunch
            of pix of faire....  http://www.pbase.com/rengeek

            Have fun with your search!

            -selena

            "the greatest thing to learn is to love, and be loved back."

          • Cherry, The Lifesaver
            Message 5 of 23 , May 1, 2003
              If you're 21 or over you can come to the White Horse Tavern and just
              sit down and chat. Everyone chat's with everyone there. Or come to
              the wench line in front of the Frozen Lemonade stand in crown
              meadow. Ask for Cherry and I'll chat with you... If you're in
              costume you can start a conversation with someone you want to talk to
              by asking them about their costume. Everyone that's in costume likes
              to chat about costuming. Then you can go from there... Go to a
              Rouges show and chat about Nelson (teheeheehe), most girls are googoo
              over him. Hope that helps.
              Cherry

              --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Dora Reyes <gemmdoras@y...> wrote:
              > I have a bodice but it is made from a cheap spandex one (it is
              hidden underneath the fabric. I don't have a belt but I have a loop
              sewn to my skirt to hold my bag... And i need to go get some muslin
              to make a decent shirt..mine does NOT breathe... And that is the
              problem I don't know how to walk up to people and judt start
              talking...I don't feel that I know enough to just walk up and jump in
              a conversation...

              > bethy0123@a... wrote:A wench would normally wear a bodice that
              laces up the front. They didn't have the funds to hire servants to
              lace them up the back (but at renfaires, there never seems to be a
              shortage of men volunteering to tie up a woman, front or
              back..hehehe). Wenches were typically shop girls and hand servants,
              etc.

              > Everyone in that period had their head covered, as it would be
              considered indecent to go without your head covered (as the modern
              shower and shampoo hadn't been invented yet)... A lot of playtrons
              don't abide by that rule (rule? what's a rule?), but everyone who
              works at faire has to.

              > Most have belts with their pouches and mugs attached, as they
              didn't have purses back then. A simple drawstring bag works well.

              > A chemise (blouse that goes under the bodice) and a long skirt will
              complete the costume. The amount of clevage you show is totally up to
              you, but I have to say the more you show, the more you catch the
              attention of the rogues, etc. Most wenches didn't have the funds to
              accessorize, but at faires you see all kinds of fun things. Just
              walk around and notice the things people have on their costumes. A
              lot of it can be done with things you may already have around the
              house.

              > As for meeting people to hang with, just go, be friendly, hang out
              in the pubs, introduce yourself as being on renfolks, and you're sure
              to find a lot of us around.

              > Happy faires!!
              >
              > Beth
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Service.

              > "the greatest thing to learn is to love, and be loved back."

            • Selena
              Message 6 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                :big ole grin: Did someone say Nelvis?? Yummmm....

                Message 7 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                  See it worked already! Yes dear Selena, Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson
                  Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson
                  Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson
                  Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson
                  Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson
                  Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson
                  Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson
                  Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson Nelson
                  How about that.... hahahaha
                  Cherry

                  Message 8 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                    Cherry ,
                    Dear you already know me..I am the blonde that has been with Larry...I haven't ever been to the lemonade stand so maybe that will help...

                    "Cherry, The Lifesaver" <hippler@...> wrote:
                    If you're 21 or over you can come to the White Horse Tavern and just
                    sit down and chat.  Everyone chat's with everyone there. Or come to
                    the wench line in front of the Frozen Lemonade stand in crown
                    meadow.  Ask for Cherry and I'll chat with you... If you're in
                    costume you can start a conversation with someone you want to talk to
                    by asking them about their costume. Everyone that's in costume likes
                    to chat about costuming.  Then you can go from there... Go to a
                    Rouges show and chat about Nelson (teheeheehe), most girls are googoo
                    over him.  Hope that helps.
                    Cherry

                    --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Dora Reyes <gemmdoras@y...> wrote:
                    > I have a bodice but it is made from a cheap spandex one (it is
                    hidden underneath the fabric. I don't have a belt but I have a loop
                    sewn to my skirt to hold my bag... And i need to go get some muslin
                    to make a decent shirt..mine does NOT breathe... And that is the
                    problem I don't know how to walk up to people and judt start
                    talking...I don't feel that I know enough to just walk up and jump in
                    a conversation...

                    > bethy0123@a... wrote:A wench would normally wear a bodice that
                    laces up the front.  They didn't have the funds to hire servants to
                    lace them up the back (but at renfaires, there never seems to be a
                    shortage of men volunteering to tie up a woman, front or
                    back..hehehe).  Wenches were typically shop girls and hand servants,
                    etc.

                    > Everyone in that period had their head covered, as it would be
                    considered indecent to go without your head covered (as the modern
                    shower and shampoo hadn't been invented yet)... A lot of playtrons
                    don't abide by that rule (rule? what's a rule?), but everyone who
                    works at faire has to.

                    > Most have belts with their pouches and mugs attached, as they
                    didn't have purses back then.  A simple drawstring bag works well.

                    > A chemise (blouse that goes under the bodice) and a long skirt will
                    complete the costume. The amount of clevage you show is totally up to
                    you, but I have to say the more you show, the more you catch the
                    attention of the rogues, etc.  Most wenches didn't have the funds to
                    accessorize, but at faires you see all kinds of fun things.  Just
                    walk around and notice the things people have on their costumes.  A
                    lot of it can be done with things you may already have around the
                    house.

                    > As for meeting people to hang with, just go, be friendly, hang out
                    in the pubs, introduce yourself as being on renfolks, and you're sure
                    to find a lot of us around.

                    > Happy faires!!
                    >
                    > Beth
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Service.

                    > "the greatest thing to learn is to love, and be loved back."

                    "the greatest thing to learn is to love, and be loved back."

                  • angie forester
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                      selena - you are a hopeless case... quit drooling i t
                      will ruin the keyboard and go home and change your
                      panties...

                      angel
                      --- Selena <austinrengirl@...> wrote:
                      > :big ole grin: Did someone say Nelvis?? Yummmm....
                      >

                      > >Go to a Rouges show and chat about Nelson
                      > (teheeheehe), most girls
                      > >are googoo over him. Hope that helps.

                      http://search.yahoo.com
                    • Cherry, The Lifesaver
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                        "Oh", ~waves~ Hello... So are you dating Larry? He's cool. Like the
                        long red hair. Grrr We've been friends, faire friends for years.
                        Getting to know people just takes time. I know a lot of rennies, but
                        I've been going to 4 to 7 faires a year for over 7 years. Once you
                        meet one person, they introduce you to one more and so on. Sorry I
                        didn't put the name to the person. Have a super day. See ya this
                        weekend.

                        Message 11 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                          no no Larry and I are not dating, we are friends...I gave up on wanting to date him..he's a pain in the arse...but i love the hell out of him...And Larry would be the perfect person to introduce me to people but he doesn't walk around much and forgets to help bring people into a converstaion...I will hopefully be there this weekend I even have a sitter....YEAH Party.. no kids....

                        • James Huckabay
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                            Where do you live? If you are close to Houston, you could come to one
                            of our monthly gatherings. I'm sure there would be plenty of people
                            glad to give you pointers. There is also lots of people in DFW &
                            Austin that you might could hook up with.

                            Tavern Knight

                            --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Dora Reyes <gemmdoras@y...> wrote:
                            > I have a bodice but it is made from a cheap spandex one (it is
                            hidden underneath the fabric. I don't have a belt but I have a loop
                            sewn to my skirt to hold my bag... And i need to go get some muslin
                            to make a decent shirt..mine does NOT breathe... And that is the
                            problem I don't know how to walk up to people and judt start
                            talking...I don't feel that I know enough to just walk up and jump in
                            a conversation...

                            > bethy0123@a... wrote:A wench would normally wear a bodice that
                            laces up the front. They didn't have the funds to hire servants to
                            lace them up the back (but at renfaires, there never seems to be a
                            shortage of men volunteering to tie up a woman, front or
                            back..hehehe). Wenches were typically shop girls and hand servants,
                            etc.

                            > Everyone in that period had their head covered, as it would be
                            considered indecent to go without your head covered (as the modern
                            shower and shampoo hadn't been invented yet)... A lot of playtrons
                            don't abide by that rule (rule? what's a rule?), but everyone who
                            works at faire has to.

                            > Most have belts with their pouches and mugs attached, as they
                            didn't have purses back then. A simple drawstring bag works well.

                            > A chemise (blouse that goes under the bodice) and a long skirt will
                            complete the costume. The amount of clevage you show is totally up to
                            you, but I have to say the more you show, the more you catch the
                            attention of the rogues, etc. Most wenches didn't have the funds to
                            accessorize, but at faires you see all kinds of fun things. Just
                            walk around and notice the things people have on their costumes. A
                            lot of it can be done with things you may already have around the
                            house.

                            > As for meeting people to hang with, just go, be friendly, hang out
                            in the pubs, introduce yourself as being on renfolks, and you're sure
                            to find a lot of us around.

                            > Happy faires!!
                            >
                            > Beth
                            >
                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            Service.

                          • Marsali@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                              In a message dated 5/1/2003 12:53:09 PM Central Daylight Time, austinrengirl@... writes:

                              :big ole grin:  Did someone say Nelvis??  Yummmm....

                                I still miss BRYAN!!! ::pout:: And his cute dimples. ::sniffle::

                              ~ Cider ~
                            • Cherry, The Lifesaver
                              Message 14 of 23 , May 2, 2003
                                Great, look for me at the WHITE HORSE PUB and then at the Parade.
                                Just ask someone where's the wench line. You'll find me. I'M SO
                                EXCITED! Hey, I'm camping next weekend at Bardwell. If you have a
                                tent you can camp on my site with me and meet some more people. $5
                                per night per tent. Let me know.
                                Cherry

                                --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, Dora Reyes <gemmdoras@y...> wrote:
                                > no no Larry and I are not dating, we are friends...I gave up on
                                wanting to date him..he's a pain in the arse...but i love the hell
                                out of him...And Larry would be the perfect person to introduce me to
                                people but he doesn't walk around much and forgets to help bring
                                people into a converstaion...I will hopefully be there this weekend I
                                even have a sitter....YEAH Party.. no kids....Dora