camping list

  • Necro of Chaos
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003

      I've found some list from the SCA, and Academy, maybe this'll give some of the newbies some ideas on what to take.

      Faire<>Camping CHECKLIST

      For the Auto:

      Flashlight
      Change (for pay phone)
      Cellular Phone
      Snacks/Drinks
      1st Aid Kit
      Sunglasses
      Umbrella/Rain Gear

       1st To Unload/Last To Pack:
      Ground Cloth
      Tent
      Stakes/Poles
      Mall/Hammer
      Floor Rug(s)
      Bedroll/Air Mattress (Air Pump)
      Sheets/Blankets (seasonal)
      Pillow
      Clothing (Garb & Mundane)
      Toiletries

      Saturday Morning:
      Dining Fly/Canopy
      Banners/Pennons
      Chair/Stool (covers for same?)
      Folding Table (covers for same?)
      Arms/Armor

      Cassette/CD Player
      Period Music
      Games

      Camera
       Food:
      Ice Chest
      Fruits
      Lunch Meats
      Cheese
      Mayo/Mustard
      Soft Drinks, Juice
      Beer/Mead
      Bread, Crackers, Chips
      Water
      Wine
      Coleman Stove
      BBQ Pit, Hibachi
      Pots, Pans, Cooking Utensils
      Cleanup items: Soap, Scouring Pads, Towels

      Feast Gear:

      Plate, Bowl, Goblet, Utensils
      Candles, Holders & Matches
      Corkscrew
      Large Plastic Bags

    • Fae Bard
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003
        I have a Camp Bag which comes with the tent, etc. for all camping trips. I keep its contents permanantly packed/restocked, that way I never have to remember the list of all the piddly little things that come in handy. (The bag, BTW, is an old purse from the 80's... many zipper pockets, and frequently available at trift stores)

        Here is a list of the contents:

        bug repellant
        sting-eeze
        laundry line
        clothespins
        fingernail clippers
        packets of "dry" condiments (powdered creamers, sugar, salt, pepper... the stuff you can swipe from gas stations)
        pens
        pads of paper
        small book of matches in ziplock bag
        baby wipes
        hair binders/ribbons
        privy paper (doubles as Kleenex in a pinch -- keep in water-tight bag)
        plastic dish pans
        small bottle of dish soap
        jug of water (okay, so it doesn't fit in the bag...)
        small emergency sewing kit (obtained from a Holiday Inn, I believe)
        sunscreen
        womanly necessities (in yet another ziplock bag)
        utility knife

        I think there might be a few other things as well... but my bag's with all my camp gear, which is not handy at the moment. :)

        Meghan
        Bryn "O'Gypsy" Muldoon

        ***
        author of _From the Ashes_
        an novel of Magick and the ties that span lifetimes
        set at Pendragon Renaissance Faire.

        For more info, visit http://www.faire-folk.com

        To receive _From the Ashes_ FREE daily in your inbox, send an email to Faire-Folk_Ashes-By-Email-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      • Vamptasia