Re: Great land near trf going for cheap on ebay

  • Leslie <scorch@ev1.net>
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 4, 2003
      --- In Renfolks@yahoogroups.com, "Sir William" <sirwilliam@h...>
      wrote:
      > Thanks for the advice. I think I'll do just that.

      Oh yeah and watch that sucker like a hawk for those last few minutes,
      particularly if you are amidst a bidding war someone will try to
      outbid you at the very last 30 secs. Those evildoers LOL. S
    • Michael O'Quinn
      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 4, 2003
        With the flute I got on eBay, it was the last 5 seconds I had to watch
        for... If I hadn't had 3 other windows open with higher bids ready to
        place at the press of a button, I'd have lost it. (Won it with 1 second
        left)

        If you want to give it a try, there's always www.auctionsniper.com

        -J

        > Thanks for the advice. I think I'll do just that.

        Oh yeah and watch that sucker like a hawk for those last few minutes,
        particularly if you are amidst a bidding war someone will try to
        outbid you at the very last 30 secs. Those evildoers LOL. S

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • justa nicegirl
        Message 3 of 28 , Jan 5, 2003
          I really dont know that much about land. My ex always
          handled such things. Is this a good deal? I have not
          been able to go to TRF, so I dont know the area down
          there.

          --- Michael O'Quinn <mikeoquinn@...> wrote:
          > With the flute I got on eBay, it was the last 5
          > seconds I had to watch
          > for... If I hadn't had 3 other windows open with
          > higher bids ready to
          > place at the press of a button, I'd have lost it.
          > (Won it with 1 second
          > left)
          >
          > If you want to give it a try, there's always
          > www.auctionsniper.com
          >
          > -J

          =====
          ~~~*Sherri*~~~

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • vamptasia
          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 5, 2003
            considering it has septic and all utilities are supposed to be ran already
            yeah its a great deal. Septics run about 5k to install on their own.

            Huggles,

            vamptasia
            > I really dont know that much about land. My ex always
            > handled such things. Is this a good deal? I have not
            > been able to go to TRF, so I dont know the area down
            > there.
            >

            > --- Michael O'Quinn <mikeoquinn@...> wrote:
            > > With the flute I got on eBay, it was the last 5
            > > seconds I had to watch
            > > for... If I hadn't had 3 other windows open with
            > > higher bids ready to
            > > place at the press of a button, I'd have lost it.
            > > (Won it with 1 second
            > > left)
            > >
            > > If you want to give it a try, there's always
            > > www.auctionsniper.com
            > >
            > > -J

            ---
          • Neraksnikl@aol.com
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 5, 2003
              In a message dated 1/4/03 6:27:34 PM Central Standard Time, mikeoquinn@... writes:

              You know, if you click 'map' on there, it shows that the land is somewhere near the Nebraska/Kansas border? Heehee. ("The State you provided could not be found, map is centered on the country")

              Just adding my $0.02  Good luck bidding!
              -J

              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 5, 2003
                In a message dated 1/4/03 6:45:12 PM Central Standard Time, scorch@... writes:

                Those evildoers LOL. S

                They're called "snipers" and there are computer programs out there for just this purpose. I collect porcelain miniatures and have to constantly be on the lookout for the snipers. They wait until the last few minutes of the auction and jump in with a few pennies more, or whatever the minimum bid is..kinda like the old Truth Or Consequences game show. it can be frustrating.

                Karen
              • vamptasia
                Message 7 of 28 , Jan 6, 2003
                  You and me both hon.  Grin.  That is why I posted it for others.  Maybe someone we know can get it.

                  *huggles*

                  Vamptasia

                  Message 8 of 28 , Jan 6, 2003
                    How sorry is that?  You guys are scaring me.  Should I just pay the $1000 for it and get it over with?

                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 7, 2003
                      Unfortunately the option is gone ot buy it now.

                      Huggles,

                      Vamptasia
                      How sorry is that?  You guys are scaring me.  Should I just pay the $1000 for it and get it over with?
                      They're called "snipers" and there are computer programs out there for just this purpose. I collect porcelain miniatures and have to constantly be on the lookout for the snipers. They wait until the last few minutes of the auction and jump in with a few pennies more, or whatever the minimum bid is..kinda like the old Truth Or Consequences game show. it can be frustrating.

                      Karen

                    • Shannon Y. Modrell
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jan 7, 2003
                        Hey, I don't know if you remember me or not, but, anyway, my 2 cents is
                        :Yeah, I would be tempted to go ahaed and pay the thousand just to get
                        it...depending on how much lower than that the current bid is (haven't
                        looked) and whether or not you have time to sit and watch it to make sure
                        the bids don't creep too close to that amount. I normally don't like the
                        idea of not trying to get an auction item at a lower bid first before paying
                        the "buy it now price" but if you want the land THAT badly and it is as much
                        of a deal as Vamptasia says it is (and I'm sure it is), it sounds like
                        something to just snatch up!!! I probably would myself if I thought I could
                        justify spending that money right now.

                        So the short version of the answer is : Yes.

                        (But, one caution; I don't know if you have done any real estate investing,
                        but make sure you really will get use out of it because empty land is not an
                        investment. Remember you will be paying taxes on this as an ongoing
                        expense. OK, stepping down from soapbox now)

                        Lotsa Luck!
                        Pillow

                        >From: "Sir William" <sirwilliam@...>
                        >

                        >How sorry is that? You guys are scaring me. Should I just pay the $1000
                        >for it and get it over with?

                      • Shannon Y. Modrell
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jan 7, 2003
                          OOOOPS, just saw Vamptasia's post. Oh well. Good luck anyway, Sweetie.
                          Wish it could be me.

                          Pillow

                        • vamptasia
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jan 7, 2003
                            I can't even see it on ebay anymore. I guess it is already bought.

                            Huggles,

                            Vamptasia
                          • Sir William
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jan 7, 2003
                              The auction was canceled by ebay for violating 1 or more rules of ebay. The
                              seller has the right to repost, following the regulations of ebay. However,
                              I don't think this will happen.

                              Message 14 of 28 , Jan 7, 2003
                                Obviously it was not that great of a deal. By that I mean it must have been
                                some kind of shady deal. The auction was canceled by ebay for the seller
                                violating the rules set forth by ebay. Oopsy Daisy.

                                > Hey, I don't know if you remember me or not, but, anyway, my 2 cents is
                                > :Yeah, I would be tempted to go ahaed and pay the thousand just to get
                                > it...depending on how much lower than that the current bid is (haven't
                                > looked) and whether or not you have time to sit and watch it to make sure
                                > the bids don't creep too close to that amount. I normally don't like the
                                > idea of not trying to get an auction item at a lower bid first before
                                paying
                                > the "buy it now price" but if you want the land THAT badly and it is as
                                much
                                > of a deal as Vamptasia says it is (and I'm sure it is), it sounds like
                                > something to just snatch up!!! I probably would myself if I thought I
                                could
                                > justify spending that money right now.
                                >
                                > So the short version of the answer is : Yes.
                                >
                                > (But, one caution; I don't know if you have done any real estate
                                investing,
                                > but make sure you really will get use out of it because empty land is not
                                an
                                > investment. Remember you will be paying taxes on this as an ongoing
                                > expense. OK, stepping down from soapbox now)
                                >
                                > Lotsa Luck!
                                > Pillow
                                >

                                > >From: "Sir William" <sirwilliam@...>
                                > >

                                > >How sorry is that? You guys are scaring me. Should I just pay the $1000
                                > >for it and get it over with?

                              • vamptasia
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jan 7, 2003
                                  Giggles I wonder how they violated it. Hmm *considers researching land
                                  sales rules.

                                  Giggles,

                                  Vamptasia

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jan 7, 2003
                                    She Probably screwed up on this:

                                    Non-Binding Bid Policy
                                    Some types of items cannot be sold through the auction format on our site.
                                    Therefore, we have a separate policy for these types of items where placing
                                    a bid neither constitutes a legally binding contract, obligating the seller
                                    to sell the item, nor obligates the high bidder to purchase the item. If you
                                    list these types of items on eBay, the listing cannot result in a binding
                                    contract to buy and sell the item, but is merely a means of introducing
                                    interested potential sellers to interested potential buyers.

                                    The following types of items must be listed in the appropriate "non-binding
                                    bid" category (if such category exists), and may only be listed to solicit
                                    indications of interest for the item:

                                    Real Estate (e.g., homes, real property, time shares)
                                    Businesses (e.g., stock sale of businesses)

                                    In addition, we recommend that when you list any of the types of items
                                    outlined above you seek legal counsel and the aid of an appropriate licensed
                                    professional. The purchase and sale of these types of items is complicated,
                                    and subject to a wide variety of laws, including those of the local
                                    jurisdiction and the country in which the item is located. If you list any
                                    of these types of items to solicit indications of interest you may, but are
                                    not obligated to, contact anyone who responds to your listing to discuss the
                                    sale of the item, subject to the terms of the Privacy Policy

                                    Oh well,

                                    Grin,

                                    Vamptasia

                                    ---
                                  • vamptasia
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jan 7, 2003
                                      hmmm something does seem a little fishy the item has been relisted. If you
                                      buy it dont pay till you can see the tittle in person with a lawyer.

                                      Huggles,

                                      Vamptasia

                                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15841&item=2904994710

                                      ---
                                    • Sir William
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jan 7, 2003
                                        I thought in the state of Texas, in order to purchase real estate, one must
                                        actually, physicaly visit the property before closing. I would have to
                                        refresh my memory on that one.

                                      • reddogdamnit <dwjones@austin.rr.com>
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jan 8, 2003
                                          wrote:
                                          > I thought in the state of Texas, in order to purchase real estate,
                                          one must
                                          > actually, physicaly visit the property before closing. I would
                                          have to
                                          > refresh my memory on that

                                          No. That is the English common law concept of livery of seisin, where
                                          to pass title you had to recieve a piece of the land on the land,
                                          like a rock. Under Texas law if you do not go to the land you are
                                          only stupid.
                                        • Sir William
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jan 8, 2003
                                            Okey dokey then.