[Renfolks] NEW YEAR'S GATHERING AT LARK'S 27-30 DEC

  • Robbie Sheehy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2002
      This is my 4TH post for the gathering at Lark's Nest. Thus far I only
      have 8 folks who have responded privately to me. I NEED CONFIRMATIONS
      BY FRIDAY, 20TH OF DECEMBER SO ME AND LARK CAN PLAN FOR THE FINAL
      NUMBERS. THE WEEKEND RUNS FROM FRIDAY 27TH DECEMBER UNTIL MONDAY 30TH
      DECEMBER.

      ITEMS STILL NEEDED ARE: BREAKFAST ITEMS FOR GRIFFIN TO COOK UP;
      FIREWOOD, LARGE INDUSTRIAL SIZE GARBAGE BAGS; SUGAR and CREAM FOR
      COFFEE; PASTA DISHES; OTHER MAIN DISHES; PAPER TOWELS AND CLEANING
      SUPPLIES; DESERTS; SALADS AND ANYTHING ELSE I CAN'T THING OF, OH- MORE
      HELPERS IN THE KITCHEN AREA.

      HERE YE HERE YE HERE YE

      Since we can't have a rennie New Year's gathering at Hawkwood, Lark
      invites you to share the enjoyment of a rennie New Year's party at her
      home. I am the Point of Contact for this gathering.

      You must contact Lark for specific directions to her home. Her phone
      number is: 903-989-2117. You can e-mail Lark at:

      siobhan1@...

      Please pre-cook sausages and links and anything else you bring.

      We ask you to contribute $5.00 to go toward the cost of contracting a
      few privies. This fee will greatly assist Lark (and also the rest of us
      who'll need to use the privies).

      Lark lives in a DRY county. You must purchase enough spirits before you
      arrive at Lark's. If not, you will have to drive at least 20 minutes
      away to find a liquor store.

      Arie and I will arrive at Lark's Nest late morning on Friday 27
      December. We will set up 2 EZ-UP canopies on Lark's patio for the
      cooking area.

      Griffin has volunteered to do breakfast with all the fixings on Sunday,
      29 December.

      There is plenty of room for tent camping and or sleeping in your
      vehicle. It is highly recommended you do not bring your RV. RVs would
      take up far too much space on Lark's pasture.

      Lark has a HOT TUB. If you plan to use her hot tub you must bring your
      own towels. Lark does not have enough towels for everyone.

      BRING YOUR DRUMS AND OTHER MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS. Drumming and jamming
      will go on, weather permitting.

      No drugs, please. This gathering is at Lark's home so please show
      respect for persons and property in respect of Lark O'The Clans allowing
      this gathering to take place at her home.

      For those of you are scrapped for cash and may only be able to
      afford the $5.00 for the cost of the privies, your assistance in the
      kitchen area will be a GREAT donation. Me and Lark want to see
      everyone come and enjoy this New Year's gathering regardless of
      financial situation!!!

      Please e-mail me privately to confirm your attendance by Friday 20
      December. DO NOT POST BACK AND FORTH ON THE GROUPS. My home phone
      numbers are 940-569-2553 or 940-569-5669.

      My e-mail is:

      lilith@...

      The following individuals have contacted me and this is what we have
      thus far:

      IVAR GUNNAR - CHICKEN & SAFRON RICE
      RAND - BANANA NUT BREAD
      LANZA - PAPER PLATES; PLASTIC WARE
      ECLIPSIC - 2 CHOCOLATE CAKES
      SHIRLEY & DAVE - GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE; DRINKS; PAPER GOODS; KITCHEN
      HELPERS; and DAVE WILL HELP WITH THE FIRE
      WILMA & RIGOR - CHICKEN WINGS AND SOME SAUSAGE; KITCHEN HELPERS
      TREVALIN AND BITCH - BROWNIES (I goofed and forgot to add this on to the
      database but I think, Trevalin, you did tell me at TRF you and Bitch
      will be there)
      ME AND ARIE - 2 EZ-UP CANOPIES; KEG OF GUINNESS; 2 GI COFFEE POTS WITH 2
      CANS OF COFFEE; BEEF STEW AND NAPKINS

      Come on rennies - we're talking about 3 weeks from this coming
      weekend!!!

      Many of you have asked me why the party is not being held on New Year's
      Eve itself - well considering NYE is on Tuesday - in the middle of the
      friggin week and also considering that many folks like me and Arie have
      to work on Tuesday 31 Dec and then go back to work on Thursday 2 January
      me and Lark and Griffin figured, heck, why not have a gathering the
      weekend in between the 2 holidays of XMAS and New Years!!! This makes
      perfect sense to us!!!

      Now if you want to be able to stay past the weekend - this is strictly
      between you and Lark, not me at all!!!

      And, the Houston group is planning a Masque party on Tuesday 31st
      December - so ya see, this gathering at Lark's would have perhaps
      conflicted with that party. And other folks are planning other
      parties/events for NYE itself. This way, we have 3 days at Lark's to
      gather and relax, prior to NYE itself!!!

      T-MINUS 27 more days!!!