Re: [Renfolks] SCA Kissin' Cousins to RENFOLKS

  • Lady Morgain
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002

      Greetings,
      Kissin' Cuzins???  I joined the SCA for about 6 months I had went to several events
      with them. They were so serious about EVERYTHING BEING PERIOD it took the fun out of it. There is alot of people that I had seen and talked to that did not have the funds to have a giant extravagant tent or  Elizabethan outfits as they wanted. And because the Baroness   did not like my persona, and I did not want to be what  SHE wanted me to be, I was frowned upon. Well, needless to say I went were the FUN really is....NightBreed, Renfolks,Chaos,TrashTribe..and more. Everyone in these groups are great people and are out to have a great time with out all the drama.

      Lady Morgain,

      Key Master of the Army of Fire
      Mistress of Fire to NightBreed
      Squire to Fury of Chaos
      Seductress of Lord Anarchy
      Princess Purrs Like A Kitten

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
        I wouldn't say without all the drama giggles but I would say with a
        lot less You gotta be period to hang with us drama. Giggles. We are
        in it for the fun. Let's face it. Faire is just that Faire people
        didn't attend a faire in there period garb they went in there best
        clothes they could make or come up with or buy from the local
        seamstress/Taylor. People dressed up when attending faire because it
        was a celebration. This is what we do. We have Renaissance inspired
        outfits. But we don't go Period per say. Who are we to be able to
        tell what exactly they could and could not do in the Renaissance
        period. How do we know someone did not know how to make this weave
        of fabric or that color of die. We don't they used natural fibers
        and whatever they could to permanently dye it. So I say wear what
        you want. We are not working Faire we are attending it as visitors
        from other nations you can almost say so have fun with your garb and
        enjoy yourselves giggles I do.

        Take care,

        Vamptasia
      • Selena
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
          --- In Renfolks@y..., "Lady Morgain" <Mrschase@h...> wrote:
          >They were so serious about EVERYTHING BEING PERIOD it took the
          > fun out of it.

          I guess it hasn't changed much--- I was asked to join SCA back in
          1988/89 when I was in college. I attended a few functions, camping,
          etc & had a blast. However, they just took it way to serious. It's
          great for some, not for others such as myself. I go to faire to have
          fun!

          -selena
        • Leza M.
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002

            I think that many of the SCA's HAVE lightened up though....I think the Bardic SCA folk, for example are a lot more fun loving, and not "as" period, and will give you another 50 years to live with...some are VERY Medieval and Viking....others will allow you to go into the 1600's a bit...lol