Re: Some TRF pictures from last weekend.

  • James Huckabay
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2002
      The original chapel is still there. They now have so much wedding
      business they needed a second place. You're right, it is a little
      open.

      Tavern Knight

      --- In Renfolks@y..., Robbie Sheehy <lilith@w...> wrote:
      > Hi Rengeek,
      >
      > Many thanks for the lovely pics and now my appetite is even more
      wetter
      > for TRF!!!
      >
      > So what happened to the original chapel???? Unless King George puts
      some
      > sort of shading (perhaps trellis or vines) on the roof of the new
      > Chapel, to me, it'll be quite a hot place to be at.
      >
      > Lilith
    • Marc Gunn, Bard
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
        > Some TRF pictures from last weekend.
        > Behind the scenes pictures of TRF. See the new Jousting area
        and
        > Chapel. Plus some of the more minor changes to the TRF
        grounds.

        > http://www.pbase.com/rengeek/trf_behind_the_scenes

        Andrew and I went out to TRF last weekend to perform at the Feast
        Hall for the owners, but we were in for a cool surprise. Apparently,
        the festival is discontinuing the fireworks at the end of the evening
        so that people will actually leave the fest when it's time. Sunday
        night, they blew off the rest of last year's fireworks.

        Meanwhile, Jeff Baldwin asked us to play for the firework display.
        So we went down onto the Jousting field in the pitch black of night.
        Climbed on the King's stand and played music while fireworks
        exploded all around us. It was wayyy cool!

        Any case, we've three shows at faire, so come check us out...
        http://TheBards.net/shows/venues/Texas_Renaissance_Fest.sht
        ml

        Slainte!

        MARC GUNN, BARD Brobdingnagian Bards
        The Original Celtic Renaissance. Tribute to Lord of the Rings.

        http://www.marcgunn.com <--about me
        http://www.thebards.net <--about my band
        http://mp3.com/thebards?em <--listen

        http://www.bardscrier.com <--promo tips for musicians